Gujarat University conducts the Gujarat PG Medical 2017 entrance exam. This state level examination is organized once in a year to offer admission to MD/MS courses in medical colleges situated in Gujarat. The exam is organized in the month of 25 January in paper-pencil format. You would be selected for the 50% MD/MS seats in state medical colleges Gujarat based on the rank in the merit list. The remaining 50% seats would be filled through national level All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination (AIPGMEE) score. Applications in the mentioned prescribed format are called for admission to the postgraduate medical courses of Gujarat University (other than D.M/M.Ch.)
|Gujarat PG Medical 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Gujarat Post Graduate Medical entrance exam|
|Commonly known as||Gujarat PG Medical|
|Exam level||State Level|
|Conducting Authority||Gujarat University|
|Exam Stream||Medical Entrance Exam|
Gujarat PG Medical 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- You need to be an Indian citizen.
- You should be medically fit. You are requested to download the prescribed Performa for submission. The Gujarat University wholly has the right to verify the fitness of the individuals by Medical experts
- You need to have cleared MBBS from institute situated within Gujarat.
- You need to have cleared the exam outside the state, are required to submit their provisional eligibility certificate (PEC).
- You need to have completed your one year as an intern at the time of counseling.
- Those of you who are pursuing P.G Medical Studies from Gujarat University or any other universities in the state, are not qualified to apply for the entrance exam.
- Those of you who were selected in the past and admitted to any post graduate medical course that they have not completed are also not eligible for the exam.
- You need to be a stable member of Medical Council of India / Gujarat Medical Council.
- You should secure at least 50% marks in entrance test for seeking admission to open category seats and 40% marks in entrance test for seeking admission to SC/ST & SEBC category seats
Reserved candidate securing 40 % or more but less than 50% in entrance test
would not be eligible for open category seat even if it remains empty.)
- All the applications would be measured for open category individuals but if any individual wishes to claim admission under special category like the SC/ST/SEBC category i.e. reserved seats for this particular group should furnish details in application form along with relevant
documents mentioned thereof. The allocation of seats to this reserved category would be
decided as per the schedule catalog maintained separately by the tied up
Gujarat University Institutes/Academies.
- Completed application form along with entrance examination fee receipt would be accepted at
Room No.35, P.G. Section,1st floor, Gujarat University office, Ahmadabad. Prescribed receipt would be issued immediately. Application by post should be sent by Registered A.D. addressed to the Registrar, Gujarat University, P.G Section,
No.35, Gujarat University, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad-9. Applicant or his/her duly
authorized representative who has obtained prior permission of the university should remain present for the interview at the notified date and time and also at the time called later again.
- Only those submissions along with Examination Fees and obligatory documents received up
to last date would be considered. Any application received beyond the last date and time due to postal delay or any other reason, are not considered. Application with inadequate
details, or required documents or required fees would be rejected without any explanation even if it is received within date and time.
- Those who are granted admission have to implement a bond along with solvency certificate/bank guarantee as per the rules of concern Institute/college and submit to the Head of the concern Institute/college failing which their admission would be cancelled without any notice and they would be debarred from applying in the future
Gujarat PG Medical 2017 Application Form
The application forms are available from the last week of December on the official website www.gujaratuniversity.org.in.
The examination fee will cost Rs.1500/- (application costs Rs.500/-).
The examination result will be declared on the university website.
The medium of instruction is English.
The questions will be multiple choice queries.
The questions will be asked in such a manner that the understanding of individuals would be tested in subjects that they have studied in their UG.
You can train yourself with online preparatory courses as well as mock tests. Earlier years papers are available for your reference.
Gujarat PG Medical 2017 Admission Process
Those of you who have qualified as per their rank and preferred medical college would be offered admission by participating medical colleges situated in Gujarat. Confirmation and seat allocation would be done through counselling rounds which will tentatively start in first week of first week of April.
Gujarat PG Medical 2017 Exam Dates
|Gujarat PG Medical Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Online sale of Gujarat PG Medical 2017 Application Forms and Information Brochures||December, 2016|
|Last date for submission of application form||December, 2016|
|List mentioning allotted exam centers||January, 2017|
|Date of Gujrat PG Medical 2017 Entrance Examination||January, 2017|
|Declaration of Provisional Merit List||March, 2017|
|Declaration of Final Merit List||March, 2017|
|Counseling Rounds||April, 2017|
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates.