Graduate Record Exam popularly known as GRE 2015-2016 is a global level exam. This exam conducted for the admission of aspirants into graduate and business school all around the world. GRE entrance exam is conducted by the Educational Testing Service (ETS) and scores of GRE are accepted at many most of the top graduate level schools. Applicant interested can fill the application form from the official website www.ets.org/gre to register. The GRE exam is computer based offered year round at Prometric test centers across the world. GRE is obtainable at about 700 centers in over 160 countries and in India it is available in many centers such as in New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Ahmadabad, Calcutta, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Allahabad and Trivandrum. The test held is once every 21 days and it is offered up to five times within any constant progressing 12-month period.
|GRE 2015-2016 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Graduate Record Exam|
|Commonly known as||GRE|
|Exam level||Global Level|
|Conducting Authority||Educational Testing Service (ETS)|
GRE 2015-2016 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants need to satisfy the below conditions to apply for GRE 2015 exam:
- Applicant should have at least completed their Higher Secondary examination
- The only eligibility criteria for GRE are the documents to prove your identity which is through a valid passport.
- No other documentation (like birth certificate, international driving license etc) can be used as an alternate identity proof.
- Every college will have their own eligibility criteria which differ from institute to institute.
GRE 2015-2016 Application form
To apply for GRE 2015 applicants need to follow the steps give below:
- Applicants need to apply online by visiting the website www.mygre.ets.org
- Applicants need to click on sign up and create My GRE Account.
Note: The name on your GRE account must exactly match the name on your ID proof as the same name will be used when you register for the test.
- Applicants need to log on into my GRE account and click on ‘Register for the General Test’. Select the dates and center you are comfortable and save it.
- Applicants have to pay their application fees online through Debit/ Credit card.
- Applicants are required to note the reporting time and centre which will be mailed on the ID given by the applicant.
- Through Phone
- Applicant must call the Regional Registration Centre (RRC) of Prometric India on 0124- 4147700 at least 3 business days before your preferred test date.
- Applicant should pay the application fees through an American Express, MasterCard or a Visa credit card. Applicant need to share your credit card details over the phone.
- Applicant will receive a confirmation number, reporting time and the test center on the address mentioned by the candidate.
- Through Mail
- Applicant is required to download the International Test Scheduling form here and fill in all the details as required in the form correctly.
- Applicant has to prepare a dollar Demand Draft (DD) of US $185 in favor of ETS-GRE from any nationalized bank.
- After the completion of form applicant have to mail the International Test Scheduling Form, Demand Draft and a photocopy of your passport to the address mentioned below before the due date:
Prometric, 2nd floor, DLF Infinity Tower–A, Sector 25, Phase II, DLF City Gurgaon, Haryana 122002, India.
GRE 2015-2016 Exam Pattern
The GRE test is divided into 3 sections:
- Analytical Writing
- Verbal Reasoning
- Quantitative Reasoning
This part tests applicant’s ability to analyze facts, judges the presented evidence, dissects arguments and put forward your views in the most realistic and controlled manner.
This part checks applicant’s ability to recognize the content author’s perspectives and intentions, prioritise the points made and connect the dots across various ideas presented, even if they may not necessarily be documented in a rational manner.
Applicants comfort level is checked with numbers and quantitative data. Applicants have to have to understand and solve the problem using models and mathematical formulas (from geometry, algebra, arithmetic). Applicant can have access to a calculator so no complex mental calculation.
GRE 2015-2016 Exam Dates
The computer-based GRE can be taken once every 21 days, up to five times within any constant period of 12 months. This includes test attempts in which the score was cancelled by the candidate.