Gitam Law Admission Test widely known as GLAT 2017 is a national level exam. It is conducted to offer admission to students in five year integrated B.A, LL.B. / BBA, LL.B (Hons.) programmes and 3 year L.L.B programme in this university. Applicants will be given admission in its various campuses such as Bangalore, Hyderabad and Vishakhapatnam on the basis of marks scored in GLAT 2017 and will be on merit basis. Applicants who are willing to appear for the exam can fill their application form from first week of May, 2017. The GLAT Exam will be conducted by the Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM). The Entrance exam is going to be held in the month of June, 2017. Applicants can find the eligibility, application form, exam pattern and dates of GLAT below.
|GLAT 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Gitam Law Admission Test|
|Commonly known as||GLAT|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM)|
|Exam Stream||Law Entrance Exam|
GLAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for GLAT 2017 applicants need to satisfy the below conditions to be eligible:
- Applicants applying for 5 year courses must have completed their Higher Secondary Certificate exam or its equivalent exam from a recognized University.
- Applicant age should not be more than 20 years of age in case of General Category and 22 years of age in case of SC/ ST and Person with Disability as on 1st July, 2016.
- Applicant who are appearing must have scores at least 50% of aggregate marks in their HSC examination for general category students and 45% in case of SC/ ST category students.
- Applicants who are appearing for 3 year course should have completed their graduation or its equivalent degree from a recognized institution to apply for the test.
GLAT 2017 Application form
Applicants need to follow the below given steps to register for GLAT 2017 Exam:
Step 1: Applicants have to first visit www.gitam.edu the official website and download the application form.
Step 2: Applicants need to fill the details such as education, personal and other as required in the application form.
Step 3: Applicant need to complete the process by paying the application fees through DD of Rs 700/- and Rs. 500/-for girls drawn in favor of Director, School of Law, GITAM University on any scheduled bank payable at Visakhapatnam.
Step 4: Lastly, applicant need to send their application form along with DD to the address given below on or before the scheduled date of receiving of application form.
School of Law,
GLAT 2017 Exam Pattern
- The total questions for the GLAT 2017 test will be 200 and will be of multiple choice objective types.
- The period of test will be for 120 minutes.
- Applicant 1 mark will be added for each correct answer.
- The distribution of question and marks is as follows:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Marks|
|1||English including comprehension||50||50|
|2||General Knowledge and current affairs||50||50|
GLAT 2017 Examination Centers
GLAT 2017 Exam Dates
|GLAT Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Last date for the receipt of filled in applications|
3rd week of July, 2017
First week of May, 2017
|Announcement of results|
3rd week of May, 2017
|Date of counseling /Admissions|
First week of August, 2017
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates.