Goa Common Entrance Test Medical popularly known as GCET 2017 Medical is a state level exam. This entrance exam is conducted to offer admission to aspirants in various medical courses like MBBS and BDS at Goa Medical College and Goa Dental College. Applicants interested shall fill the application form till April, 2017. GCET entrance exam is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa. Number of MBBS seats in Goa Medical College is nearly 150 and Number of seats in Goa Dental College & Hospital is nearly 40. GCET 2017 exam shall be conducted in the month of May, 2017.
|GCET 2017 Medical Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Goa Common Entrance Test Medical|
|Commonly known as||GCET Medical|
|Exam level||State Level|
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa|
|Exam Stream||Medical Entrance Exam|
GCET Medical 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are eligible for the examination only if they satisfy following GCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicant should be of 17 years if he/she is seeking admission to any of the MBBS and BDS programmes.
- Applicants ought to pass in Higher Secondary Certificate examination or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually can apply for the examination.
- Applicants should have scored a minimum aggregate of 50% in Higher Secondary Examination in English, Physics, Chemistry or Biology subjects taken together to apply for the examination (40% in case of SC/ ST/ OBC category and 45% in case of PH applicants)
GCET Medical 2017 Application form
Candidates who are interested must fill and submit the GCET Medical 2017 Application form.
Steps for applying for GCET Medical form are mentioned below:
Step 1: Applicants need to visit www.dtegoa.gov.in to register for the examination.
Step 2: Applicant need to fill their personal, qualification and other necessary details as mentioned in the form and submit it.
Step 3: After completion of form applicants need download the application form and pay the application fees through DD.
Step 4: Applicants need to send their application form along with DD and 3 identical photographs to the address mentioned below:
“Chairman, Admission Committee,
Directorate of Technical Education,
Porvorim, Goa 403521”.
Applicants need to pay their application fees of Rs 1500/- through DD payable in favor of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji.
GCET Medical 2017 Exam Pattern
Following is the GCET 2017 Exam Pattern:
- The test comprises of 3 papers is as follows:
- The Paper consist 75 multiple choice questions in each paper.
- Applicant 1 mark will be added for each correct answer and no marks will be deducted for any wrong.
- The language of the paper will be in English Only.
- Duration of each exam shall be 2 hours.
- The distribution of subject and question for the exam is as follows.
|Subject||No of question||Marks|
GCET 2017 Exam Dates
|Goa CET Medical Exam Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Sale of Prospectus and GCET 2017 application forms||3rd week of March, 2017|
|Start of receiving of application forms for Goa CET 2017 Application Form 2017 at Application Reception Centre||Last week of March, 2017|
|Last date for receiving forms for GCET Application Form 2017 at Application Reception Centre & Collecting Admit Cards||First week of April, 2017|
|Last date for receiving of Goa CET Application Form 2017 at DTE and collecting Admit Cards (with late fees)||First week of April 2017|
|Dates of Goa CET 2017 Exam||2nd week of May, 2017|
|Result of GCET Medical Exam 2017||3rd week of May, 2017|
|Last date for receiving forms for admission at notified location||3rd week of May, 2017|
|Display of Eligibility List at Admission Centre||First week of June, 2017|
|Last date for compliance with deficiencies in eligibility||2nd week of June, 2017|
|Display of Provisional Merit List at Admission Centre||2nd week of June, 2017|
|Display of Final Merit List at Admission Centre||2nd week of June, 2017|
|First Round of Admission||2nd week of June, 2017|
|Second Round of Admission||3rd week of July, 2017|
|Special Round of Admission to fill vacant seats (if any) in MBBS/BDS Courses||Last week of September, 2017|
The Notification of the GCET 2017 exam has been released by official admin. If you want to apply you should follow the exam schedule to be aware of the important dates of the exam. The Important dates regarding the GCET 2017 are available in the table above
Note: All the other important dates provided here are tentative as the official notification has not been released yet.