GCET 2017 Medical is popularly known as the Goa common entrance test 2017 which is organised by the Directorate of Technical Education, Goa for the admission of the individuals like you in the various Engineering, Medical and Architectural colleges of the State Goa. Goa CET 2017 is the State level examination conducted each year for the individuals. You are advised to follow the important dates, a release of the application form, the procedure to apply, admit card downloading, result and counselling for successfully applying for the exam.
Latest News on Goa CET 2017
December 7, 2017 – The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) has announced the final official dates for Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) which will be held on 9th & 10th of May 2017.
December 19, 2017 – GCET 2017 will be held for the admission of professional courses in Engineering, Pharmacy, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Nursing and Allied Health Sciences programs. Each paper will consist of 75 marks with no negative markings for 2 and a half hours duration.
|Goa CET 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Goa Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known as||Goa CET / GCET|
|Exam Category||Under Graduate|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education, Goa|
|Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
GCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria of the GCET exam contains the detailed terms and conditions set by the Directorate of Technical Education, Goa from which you must undergo to apply for the exam. If you have any discrepancy in the eligibility criteria you will be disqualified from the exam.
The detailed eligibility criteria are as followed:
Age Limit: You need to be 17 years till the 31st December of the year of the examination for applying for the Medical/BDS and No age limitation for the Engineering individuals.
Education Qualification: You need to have qualified the 12th or the equivalent from the recognised Board with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics in order to be eligible for Goa CET 2017 Exam.
The Minimum qualifying marks for the General category individuals is 50%, for the SC/ST/OBC the minimum qualifying marks are 45% and PH category individuals, the minimum qualifying marks are 40%. GCET 2017 Application From
Do note that the Application Form for Goa CET 2017 would be available in Offline as well as Online Mode. In Offline Mode, you can take the application form from any of the participating college or the Institution of the Goa and In the Online Mode, the application form would be available on the official website of Directorate of Technical Education, Goa.
You need to keep 3 passport size photograph ready in order to apply for the exam.
Steps to fill the application form of the exam of GCET 2017 are as below:
- Go to the Official website of Directorate of Technical Education, Goa for the registration for the exam i.e. www.dtegoa.gov.in and the link will also be available here.
- You should fill the personal details and other required details in the application form of the Exam of GCET 2017.
- Download the Application Form after filling all the details and final submission. Now you can take a print out of the downloaded application form.
- You need to post the application form with the fee DD of Rs. 1500 and 3 passport sized recent photographs to the address mentioned below:
Chairman, Admission committee,
Directorate of Technical Education,
Porvorim, Goa 403521
GCET 2017 Exam Admit Card
The Admit Card would be made available most probably in the 3rd week of April 2017. The exact date of availability of the admit card would be released after the declaration of the official notification.
The Admit Card would not be sent to you if you have applied for the exam or will not be available on the official website. You have to get the admit card in person from any of the participating institutions in the Goa State.
GCET 2017 Exam Pattern
GCET 2017 exam will be organised for those of you who desire to take the admission in the various institutions or the colleges of the Goa State.
The exam would contain the multiple objective type questions carrying equal marks and the exam will be organised in the Pen Pencil mode so the individuals need to carry the Black Ball Point Pen to answer the questions in the exam.
The pattern of GCET 2017 is as below:
- No Negative Marking would be there. Each correct answer will carry one mark and there would be no negative marks for any wrong answer.
- The exam would be conducted in the Offline mode only because it is the pen paper type exam.
- The total duration of the GCET Exam 2017 will be of 2 hours.
- The sections in the exam will be Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- There would be a total of 225 questions. You would have to solve all questions which will be of Multiple Choice (Objective) type.
|Courses||No. of Questions||Marks|
GCET 2017 Preparation Material and Tips
- As the syllabus and the exam pattern of the common entrance test are similar to the MBBS study pattern so you can refer the study material of it in order to prepare for it.
- The Sample papers and Practice sets are always the best sources for your preparation.
- By Practising on the sample papers, you would be able to understand the section-wise pattern of the GCET 2017.
- The Sample papers and Practice sets help you to get to know your weaker sections and work on it.
- You need to do the continuous practising with the help of previous year question papers and sample papers before the beginning of the exam.
GCET 2017 Exam Dates
|Goa CET Medical Exam Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Sale of Prospectus and GCET 2017 application forms||3rd week of March 2017|
|Start of receiving of application forms for Goa CET 2017 Application Form 2017 at Application Reception Centre||Last week of March 2017|
|Last date for receiving forms for GCET Application Form 2017 at Application Reception Centre & Collecting Admit Cards||the First week of April 2017|
|Last date for receiving of Goa CET Application Form 2017 at DTE and collecting Admit Cards (with late fees)||Last week of May, 2017|
|Dates of Goa CET 2017 Exam||9th & 10th of May 2017|
|GCET Medical 2017 – Physics Paper||9th May 2017|
|GCET Medical 2017 – Chemistry Paper||9th May 2017|
|GCET Medical 2017 – Biology Paper||10th May 2017|
|Result of GCET Medical Exam 2017||3rd week of May, 2017|
|Start of receiving of application forms for Admission at notified location||In the month of May, 2017|
|Last date for receiving forms for admission at notified location||4th week of May, 2017|
|Display of Eligibility List at Admission Centre||First week of June, 2017|
|Last date for compliance with deficiencies in eligibility||2nd week of June, 2017|
|Display of Provisional Merit List at Admission Centre||2nd week of June, 2017|
|Display of Final Merit List at Admission Centre||3rd week of June, 2017|
|First Round of Admission||3rd week of June, 2017|
|Second Round of Admission||3rd week of June, 2017|
|Special Round of Admission to fill vacant seats (if any) in MBBS/BDS Courses||Last week of September, 2017|
The Notification of the GCET 2017 exam has been released by official admin. If you desire to apply you should follow the exam schedule to be aware of the important dates of the exam. The Important dates regarding the GCET 2017 would be available in the table above
Note: All the other important dates provided here are tentative as the official notification has not been released yet.
GCET Exam 2017 Result
The Results of GCET 2017 Exam will be declared most probably in the last week of the month May, 2017. You would be able to check your result when it will be available on the official website of the Directorate of Technical Education, Goa and the link to check the result will also be hosted here. All the updates regarding the result of this common entrance test will be available here, when the official notification will be released.
Seats reserved for different categories are as follows:
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||2%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||12%|
|Other Backward Communities (OBC)||27%|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||3%|
|Freedom Fighters (FF)||1%|
|Non-resident Indian (NRI)||5%|