The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering commonly known as GATE 2017 is an entrance test conducted for those of you who are seeking for admission in engineering college at their Post Graduate Level. The GATE is jointly held by Indian Institute of Science IIS & other 7 IIT’s Indian Institutes of Technology. Score of GATE is acceptable all across India in many IITs, NITs, GFTIs and other private aided institute.
The exam basically tests the basic aptitude necessary for admission in many colleges at PG Level. GATE paper will consists of MCQ’s and Numerical questions where negative marking is applicable only to MCQ’s questions. The paper would comprise of General Aptitude, Mathematics and the subject (specialization) for which you have applied.
|GATE 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Commonly Known as||GATE|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Jointly by The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT)|
|Exam Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
GATE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
You should know that the GATE 2017 eligibility criteria is not at all complex, the conducting authority has made its simple keeping only one condition which will prove whether you are eligible or not. The condition is:
- You need to have any bachelors engineering degree or any other bachelor’s degree which requires +4 years of extension to complete after Grade XII. The qualification should be such as 10+2+4 or any of its equivalents from recognized government institute. If you are in the last year of Engineering/ Science stream are eligible on provisional basis.
GATE 2017 Application Form
Do make a note that the GATE 2017 Application Form filling for GATE entrance exam is online and no hardcopy submission is accepted in any condition.
- You should first read the prospectus which is must to check whether you fall under category of eligible candidate or not; once done visit the official website “www.gate.iitk.ac.in”
- At the entry level you will need to input some basic details like email, mobile no. wherein you will get a link for filling the form of application.
- Now from your email you will get an link where in you will be able to fill the form and hence inputting all the academic details which are necessary
- At the very final stage you will need to upload your image which would be for 240 x 320; signature 80×120 & scanned Graduation certificate from principal duly signed and stamped by Principal
- Final step is to pay to the fees, it is payable by Net-Banking, SBI I-Collect, Axis Bank I-Connect & E Challan
Note: Login ID & password would be generated which you must preserve for further login
GATE 2017 Application Fees
|Category||Application Fees Applicable (INR)|
|General/ Other Candidates||1500*|
*Additional Charges applicable
GATE 2017 Exam Pattern
Below we have mentioned the GATE 2017 Exam Pattern:
GATE examination is conducted online previously only 22 different (specialized) papers were conducted ie you would need to attempt only one paper but now GATE has added general Aptitude section which would be for 15 marks and rest other would 85 mark paper would be for your subject.
Learn more about GATE 2017 Preparation Tips for better result
The paper would be combination of MCQ’s and Numerical negative marking is followed in exam by 1/3 (applicable only for MCQ’s); every right answer will credit 1 mark. And for 2 marks question 2/3 would be deducted. Exam would be for 180 minutes and no extension of time is expected as paper would be computer based.
|GATE 2017 Entrance Timing|
|Forenoon 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon||Afternoon: 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM|
GATE 2017 Exam Dates
|Application Form Start Date||1st September, 2016|
|Application Form Last Date||October 10th, 2016|
|Request for Change in City Last Date||16th November, 2016|
|Correction in Application Form||Mid of November, 2016|
|Admit Card Issue Date||5th January 2017|
|GATE 2017 Online Exam Date (CBT)||4, 5 & 11, 12 February 2017|
|Result Announcement Date||27th March, 2017|
|Availability of Score Card||27th March to 26th May 2017|
Note: Above dates are tentative, any change in schedule will be update soon as it takes place.
All the Best for your Exams!!!