In this article you will complete information on GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria such as its age criteria, educational qualification and documentation required. GATE entrance is for direct admission at post graduate level course of Engineering; the exam is conducted for 100 marks wherein 85 marks are based on the specialization topic chosen by an applicant and 15 marks for general aptitude test. It is conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and other seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) jointly. There are some conditions that are put forward by conducting authority, since many applicants are unclear about eligibility the article has discussed to same. Candidate applying for post graduate course should have minimum qualification of Bachelors, and bachelors should be for 4 years after 10+2 level education, candidate with B Sc IT and any such degree which is completed within 3 years are ineligible. There are no age limits for applicant only the conditions states that minimum age should be 18 years.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2018 Exam
- Candidate should have bachelor’s degree under 10+2+4 systems or any such equivalent.
- Candidate who have completed their Graduation under 10+2+3 system are ineligible for GATE.
- Candidate with all this degree’s are eligible B. Arch/ B. Pharm / B.E./ B. Tech/ B. Sc. (Research)/ B. S, M. Sc. /M. A./ MCA Int. M.E / M. Tech (Post B Sc), Int. M.E./ M. Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2).
- Candidate with B Sc IT or B Sc with specialization are ineligible as the tenure of graduation is 3 years.
- Candidate who failed previous attempt are also eligible as there are no limits on no of attempt for GATE.
- Candidate of any age can apply there is no upper limit but there is an condition for lower limit, minimum age should be 18 years.
- Very important: Candidate who has passed bachelors last year is eligible and those who have passed before that are ineligible with backlogs. Like For GATE 2018 Exam, candidate who have completed their degree in 2014 with backlogs are ineligible but those who are in their final year in 2015 and with backlogs are allowed.
- For candidates who are belonging form Professional Society Examinations must have cleared their Section A or equivalent. These candidates are eligible for GATE Entrance Exam.
- Candidate at the time of admission and application should have certificate signed and attested by principal with their bachelors degree or proof of completion of course.
Wish you Luck!!!