GATE 2018 – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is organized by the seven zonal IITs and an IISc on a rotational basis. GATE is the national level entrance examination for admission to Engineering courses. GATE provides a gateway for admissions into M.Tech./Ph.D. Programmes in IITs, IISc, IISERs and other reputed institutions.The Gate Examination scores are also beneficial to the candidates for getting recruited in government and private organisations in the technical fields. Aspirants can check here complete details about
The Gate Examination scores are also beneficial to the candidates for getting recruited in government and private organisations in the technical fields. Complete information about GATE 2018 including the application form, eligibility, exam pattern, exam dates, syllabus, etc is provided below.
- GATE 2018 Exam Date
- GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- GATE 2018 Application Form
- GATE 2018 Application Form Correction
- GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
- GATE Virtual Calculator
- GATE 2018 Syllabus
- GATE 2018 Admit Card
- How to Prepare For GATE 2018
- GATE 2018 Answer Key
- GATE 2018 Result
- GATE 2018 Score Card
- GATE 2018 Cut Off
- GATE 2018 Counselling
GATE 2018 Exam Date
The following are the Important Dates of GATE 2018:
|Commencement of Online Application Form||First week of September 2017|
|Last Date for Application Form Submission||First week of October 2017|
|Corrections in Application Form||Second week of October 2017|
|Last Date to request for change in examination city||Third week of October 2017|
|Issue of Admit Card||First week of January 2018|
|Date of Examination||First & Second Saturday & Sunday of February 2018|
|Declaration of Answer Key||Within a few days after examination|
|Announcement of Result||Last week of March 2018|
|Availability of Score||Last week of March 2018 to Last week of May 2018|
|Counselling Commencement||Second week of April 2018|
GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for GATE 2018 candidates must check the GATE Eligibility Criteria. The detailed Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2018 is given below:
|Qualification Required||Description about the Qualifying Degree||Status of the Degree||Year of Passing|
|B.E./B.Tech/B.Pharm||4-years B.Tech (after 10+2) in any stream or 3-years B.Tech lateral entry (after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology). Final year candidates may also apply.||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Sc. Research/B.S.||4-years Bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma or after 10+2)||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Arch||5-years bachelor’s degree in Architecture||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|Int. M.E/M.Tech(Post-B.Sc.)||4-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology||Presently in 2nd/3rd/4th year or completed||2010|
|M. Sc./M.A./MCA orequivalent||Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in final year or completed||2018|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology||Currently in 4th/5th year or completed||2019|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integratedB. S./M. S. program||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|Professional Society Examination equivalent to B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognised by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professionalcourses||NA|
- International candidates are also eligible to appear for GATE 2018.
- The Candidates from Outside India should have completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Postgraduate (M.Sc.) degree or in any relevant science subject.
GATE 2018 Application Form
- The Commencement of GATE Application Form 2018 will be available tentatively around the First week of September 2017.
- The Application form will be available on the official website(gate.iitr.ernet.in) through online mode only.
- Candidates have to visit the official website and fill the application form through ‘GOAPS’ (GATE Online Application Processing System) Portal only.
- Scanned signature, Thumb impression, Photograph, Qualifying degree certificates, and any other important documents should be uploaded along with the online application form.
- Applicants have to enter their identification number in the application form any one of their ID Proof.
- As the application form is filled, candidates need to pay the application fee.
- Application fee can be paid through the Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking and that via online mode only.
- After payment is done students are required to take a printout of the application for further references.
Below is the detailed information about payment of fees by Candidates:
|SC/ST/PWD Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|Women Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|GATE International Candidates||US Dollars 50|
GATE 2018 Application Form Correction
- Candidates wishing to make changes in their application form are allowed only for Minor modifications.
- The correction in the application form will be allowed only if the form was earlier submitted.
- If the candidate has made mistake while filling the application form then, he/she has to send an email subjecting “Correction in data (Enrollment Number)” along with the documented proof asked by the concerned authority.
Candidates will be allowed for GATE Corrections/Modifications in the following fields:
- Name of Candidate
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Status from Gen to OBC and OBC to General
- Have you graduated with the above degree?
- Year of Qualifying Degree
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
|Course||M.Tech./Ph.D. program in IITs & IIS|
|Number of Papers||23 Papers|
|Mode of Examination||Online(CBT)|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Number of Questions||Total 65 questions of maximum 100 marks|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) & Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT)|
|Common Section||General Aptitude|
|New Section||XE, Paper with new H Section(Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences)|
|Marking Scheme||1 or 2 marks|
|Negative Marking||1/3 marks for the questions carrying 1 mark|
Exam Paper Pattern For All Papers Except GG, XE, XL:
- 25 questions of 1 mark each.
- 30 questions of 2 marks each.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For GG Paper:
- Part A – 25 questions of 1 mark each.
- Part B – 30 questions of 2 marks each.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper XE:
- Section A – Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory Section) – Total 11 questions will be asked. 4 questions of 2 marks each and 7 questions of 1 mark each.
- Any two of XE sections from B to H – 22 questions. 13 questions carrying 2 marks and 9 questions carrying 1 mark.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper XL:
- Section P – Chemistry (compulsory section) – It contains total 15 questions – 10 questions of 2 marks and 5 questions of 1 marks.
- Any two of XL sections Q to U – Total 20 questions – 10 questions of 2 marks and 10 questions of 1 mark each.
- 10 questions from GA.
GATE Virtual Calculator
- GATE virtual calculator is an online calculator which helps in all the operations and functions for carrying out calculations and is provided during the online examination.
- Candidates are not allowed to use a physical calculator in the examination hall.
- Students will have to use the virtual calculator for solving Numerical Answer Type Questions in the examination hall.
GATE 2018 Syllabus
- GATE Syllabus 2018 will be officially declared on their website y the concerned authority.
- There are 23 papers held for GATE Examination and Syllabus for each paper is different.
- For Complete Syllabus, students can download the official PDF of GATE 2018 for AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, EY, XE, GG, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH, PI, TF and XL.
GATE 2018 Admit Card
- Candidates can download the Admit card tentatively in the first week of January 2018 from the official website.
- Applicants have to bring along a printed copy of admit card, with one identification proof to the examination hall.
Any oneID proof:
- Employee identification card or Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, Valid College ID
- From international students, only valid Passport/ Government issued ID/College ID/ Employee ID will be accepted as ID proof.
How to Prepare For GATE 2018
- Firstly, students should go through the syllabus and must gather relevant study material and information for examination preparation.
- A proper timetable scheduling should be done by the student to equally plan for every subject.
- Practice previous years Question Paper and practise Mock Tests.
- Be stress-free and take care of your health.
GATE 2018 Answer Key
GATE 2018 Answer key will be released after the exams are completed i.e. around the second week of February 2018. The Answer Key will be provided separately for every subject by the concerned authority.
GATE 2018 Result
GATE 2018 result is going to be published on the official GOAPS portal of GATE website around last week of March 2018. Candidates will get the score card after the declaration of result.
GATE 2018 Score Card
Candidates who qualify in the GATE Examination will get the GATE score card which will be available around the last week of March 2018. Candidate’s performance in entrance test is shown in the Score Card.
GATE 2018 Cut Off
GATE Cut off marks 2018 is the factor which will decide whether a candidate is qualified in the examination or not. The Cut off varies stream and category-wise and is lower for reserved category candidates then unreserved category candidates.
GATE 2018 Counselling
- GATE Counselling 2018 will tentatively start from the second week of April 2018.
- Counselling will be based on GATE 2018 Scores of the candidates and accordingly, the list will be prepared for inviting candidates for counselling.
- There will be common counselling for all the courses which will be organised by Centralized Counselling for M.Tech. / M.Arch./ M.Plan. Admissions (CCMT). N
Stay tuned for further updates and drop down a comment for any queries regarding GATE 2018.