The registration procedure for (GATE) Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 has just began from yesterday September 1 and will be getting over on October 4. Those students who are interested can fill up the application form at the GOAPS Website.
The registration procedure for (GATE) Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 just began from yesterday september 1st and will be completed on 4 october. The online examination will be held by the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee from feb 4 to 5 , 2017 & on feb 11 to 12, from feb 4 to 5 , 2017 & feb 11 to 12,2017 ( only on Saturdays and Sundays )
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is held both by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras , IIT Roorkee, IIT Delhi , IIT Guwahati and IIT Bombay ) on behalf of the National co-ordination Board GATE, MHRD, Government of India , Department of Higher Education.
All the candidates interested in applying, need to posses the following educational qualification:
The students those who are interested in applying for the examination, should posses the following qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree of four-year programme in Science (BSc), or
- Master’s degree in any branch of science/mathematics/statistics/computer applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes, or
- Five-year integrated Master of Science (MSc) or five-year integrated BSc/MSc degree, or
- The GATE aspirants from countries such as: Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and UAE should have completed a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Master’s degree in science in relevant subject or are in the final year of the programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (or 3 years after diploma in Engineering /Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programmes, or
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture of five-year duration.
- The candidates examination compromises of a single paper and the time giving to the students to complete the exam will be of 3 Hrs
- The students paper will be of 100-mark and will carry 65 questions in total
- The exam question papers consist of multiple choice questions (MCQ) and numerical answer type questions.
How to apply
- Those Interested students can fill-up the application form at GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) on its official website.
This exam is held for admissions to post-graduate programmes (e.g., ME, MTech, direct PhD) in Indian institutes of higher education with financial assistance provided by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and other government agencies.
The exam is conducted for admissions to post-graduate programmes (e.g., ME, MTech, direct PhD) in Indian institutes of higher education with financial assistance provided by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and other government agencies.