Table of Content
Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues Institute of Technology Vashi commonly known as FCRIT is a well-known engineering college that is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and is located both in Bandra in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai which is a satellite city to Mumbai. It offers the Bachelor of Engineering degree courses in computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, electronics and telecommunication engineering and information technology. It is a fragment of Father Agnel Ashrams family of educational Institutions that’s spread across India and thus its popularly known as “Fr.Agnels Engineering College”. It is one of the most sought after institutes among students for admissions.
All the details required for admissions are broken down into a fragmented format for your benefit.
Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues Institute of Technology Vashi Admission 2015-2016
The admission process for this college is highly competitive and is undertaken as per the guidelines of the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Maharashtra State. Those candidates who aspire to get admission into this college have to ensure if they are eligible to apply.
Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues Institute of Technology Vashi Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who aspire to get admitted into FCRIT the candidates need to clear HSC or its equivalent from CBSE or CISCE. The candidates should have the mandatory subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in their curriculum and the candidates need to have secured a minimum of 50%marks in the Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry) and Mathematics added together.
Those students who wish to apply for the institute need to attempt the Maharashtra Engineering Common Entrance Test or MAH-EN-CET that consists of only one common exam that is segregated into 3 sections namely physics, chemistry and mathematics with 50 multiple choice questions each and the total score in these sections taken together will be the deciding factor for the merit list for the exam in any given year. The merit list is used as a differentiating factor to FCRIT.
The All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) that is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is also accepted as an alternative examination.
|Sample seat allotment as per the DTE rules for 2006|
|Type of Seat||Percentage of Seats|
|Central Admission Process (CAP)||65%|
Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues Institute of Technology Vashi Admission procedure
The candidates have to visit the official website and click on “Fill application Form “and fill in all the mandatory fields. The candidate needs to ensure that the email id is valid and the password will be sent to the mail id. The candidate needs to verify all the data that has been entered before clicking on the submit button after which the Password will be sent to the candidates registered Email Account. If the candidate doesn’t receive the mail within a few minutes the candidate needs to re-enter new form with a valid email id. After the password is received the candidate needs to click on “Print/Edit Application Form”. Do ensure that the application form has to be printed only in “A4” size paper and if any changes are made on the online form a fresh printout needs to be taken. The candidate needs to submit the application form along with the self-attested copies of the required certificates as per the schedule.
Documents and certificates:
The candidate needs to keep these documents ready for the admission process
- SSC Mark Sheet.
- HSC Mark Sheet
- College Leaving / Transference Certificate (HSC).
- JEE (Main) 2015 (Paper 1) Score Card printout.
- Certificate of Indian Nationality OR Indian Passport in the name of Candidate OR College Leaving Certificate indicating the Nationality as ‘Indian’ OR Birth Certificate issued by appropriate Authorities.
- Maharashtra State Domicile Certificate OR Birth Certificate indicating Birth Place in Maharashtra OR College Leaving Certificate indicating Birth Place in Maharashtra.
- Caste Certificate, Caste Validity Certificate and Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (in case of Backward Class Category only).
- Physical/Medical Fitness Certificate from a registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format available on the website.
- Migration & XII Passing Certificate (in case Std. XII is from a Board other than Maharashtra State Board).
- Gap Certificate if applicable.
- Certificate as applicable for Defence quota.
- Certificate as applicable for Physically Handicapped.
- Certificates as applicable for J&K Migrant / GOI Nominee
Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues Institute of Technology Vashi Contact Details
Address: Fr Agnel Ashram, Bandstand, Bandra (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra 400050
Phone:022 6711 4000