FMGE 2017 stands for Foreign Medical Graduate Screening. It is a licensure examination organized by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in India. The test is one of the mandatory requirements for an Indian citizen who has a medical degree from a college located outside India to practice medicine in the country. The other requirement is a compulsory one-year internship at an Indian hospital attached to a medical college (teaching hospital).
This examination is held twice in year in June and December on the 3rd Monday & Tuesday of the month.
|FMGE 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Foreign Medical Graduate Screening|
|Commonly Known as||FMGE|
|Conducting Authority||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Stream||Medical Entrance Exam|
FMGE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- You need to be a citizen of India or Overseas citizenship of India.
- Possesses primary medical qualifications that are recognized by the Government of the country issuing that qualification and the holder of that qualification is entitled for practice in that country. The said medical school should be lasted in WHO directory of medical schools.
- You need to have obtained Eligibility Certificate from the Medical Council of India (applicable only in respect to individuals who took admission abroad on or after 5.03.2002). This requirement would not be necessary in respect of Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who have secured admission in foreign medical Institute before 15th March 2002.
- All individuals who have taken admission abroad prior to 15/03/2003 and are required to qualify the Screening Test for their registration, would be allowed to appear in the Screening Test even if you do not meet the minimum admission norms of MCI for joining undergraduate medical course, subjected to the compliance of the Judgment(s) of the Honble Supreme Court/Competent Courts to this regard including but not limited to judgment dated 8th March 2002 in Civil Appeal No. 2779 of 2000 & other judgments.
- From 15/03/2002 and onwards, all individuals are required to obtain an Eligibility Certificate from MCI before proceeding abroad for studies in Medicine.
- Cut-off rate for attaining the Primary Medical Qualification would be before the conduct of exam i.e. before May, 2016. It is mandatory to provide proof/documentary evidence in support of the individuals having passed final examination for such a primary medical qualification/possess the primary medical qualification on before the cut-off date. In the event of the date of issue of result/proof, primary medical qualification being after the prescribed cutoff date, the application forms shall be rejected and candidates declared as ineligible.
FMGE 2017 Application Form
To register to take the FMGE 2017 exam, go to www.fmge.nbe.gov.in and register. You can register and schedule for the FMGE 2017 from May – June 2017 and the test dates would be in June.
During registration, you can:
- Create a profile.
- Complete the FMGE application.
- Schedule the exam
- Pay for the exam.
You can pay the exam fees of Rs.5500 (late fee is Rs.1500 if paid after last date) online using your credit/debit cards issued by banks in India or through net banking by selecting your payment option on the Make Payment Screen and fill in the required information. Upon successful authorization of payment, your profile will be registered and you will receive an admit card within 24 hours on your registered email address.
Application forms need to be submitted within the given time specified in the advertisement & on website. You need to submit the complete application form, in the envelope provided to reach NBE on or before the last date.
The completed Application form needs to be sent to the following address:
National Board of Examinations
(Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India)
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road), New Delhi – 110029
FMGE Exam Pattern
- The test shall be conducted as a Computer Based Test comprising of 300 Multiple Choice Questions of single correct response type without any negative marking as per the existing scheme of Foreign Medical Graduate Examination.
- You would be declared as only if you have obtained a minimum of 50% of marks in the examination.
- The qualified individuals can apply to the Medical Council of India, New Delhi or to any Stale Medical Council for provisional /permanent registration. There is no restriction to attempts.
- The test would include all subjects taught during the MBBS course including pre-clinical, para-clinical and clinical.
FMGE 2017 Exam Dates
The official exam dates for FMGE is mentioned below:
For June Session:
|Online Registration from||13th April 2017|
|Last date for registration||24th May 2017 (Extended)
|Examination Date||12th & 13th June 2017|
|Result Declaration||15th July 2017|
For December Session:
|Online Registration from||third week of September 2017|
|Last date for registration||third week of October 2017|
|Examination Date||Second week of December 2017|
|Result Declaration||Second week of January 2017|