NTSE 2019– National Talent Search Exam (NTSE) has been notified from 1963 as the National Science Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS). The National Talent Search Examination for students studying in Class 10 is meant to identify young talents to nurture them for a bright future. The qualifying students will get a scholarship for National Level Programs. This exam has been designed with the aim to encourage and uphold the academic talent so that the standard of the secondary school education can be improved. Students pursuing the secondary school education are eligible to apply for NTSE 2019. The examination is conducted each year at two distinct levels: Stage-1 i.e. State Level and Stage-2 i.e. National Level. Stage 1 will be a State/Union Territory examination which will be in the form of a written test. Students qualifying the Stage 1 exam can only participate in Stage 2 examination. Stage 2 which is a National Level examination is divided into two parts, i.e., Mental Ability Test and Scholastic Aptitude Test. The syllabus for the examination will come from Class 10th subjects Science, Social Science and Mathematics. This examination has earned a lot of appraisal since the day it was commenced. NTSE Application Form 2019 has been released by SCERT of Tripura and other states will release the same in the first week of August 2019. NTSE 2019 Application fee may apply for Stage I as per state policies. It must be confirmed while collecting the form. There is no application fee for Stage II. The fee has to be paid in the offline mode only, the details of which have been further mentioned in the article along with other important details related to NTSE Application Form. NTSE 2019 Admit Card will be live after few days of successful registration. Candidates must submit their NTSE 2019 Application Form after getting it signed by the Principal to the Liaison officer through the medium of post. Eligibility criteria of NTSE 2019 must be fulfilled by candidates applying for the exam and most importantly the applicant’s age must not be more than 18 years as on July 1, 2019. Applicants must fill all the information carefully and check it before submitting the application form. No corrections are allowed after submission. NTSE or National Talent Search Exam is conducted each year under NSTSS (National Science Talent Search Scheme) in the month of May to find candidates for the national scholarship programs.
Latest Updates on NTSE 2019– NTSE Application Form 2019 has been released by SCERT of Tripura and now available on our separate page for NTSE Application Form 2019. The candidates of Tripura state can fill up and submit the NTSE application form by clicking a link given on the application form page. Other state will release NTSE 2019 Application Form from the first week of August 2018.
NTSE award about one thousand scholarships for variety of fields and at various stages in education. (a) For Class-XI to XII. Scholarship of Rs.1250/- per month is provided. (b) For Undergraduates and Post-graduates Scholarship of Rs.2000/- per month is provided. (c) Amount of Scholarship for Ph.D. is fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
SC category students: 15% ST category students: 7.5% Physically Challenged Students: 4% Benchmark disable students will receive 1% each under clauses (a), (b) and (c) and benchmark disable students will also receive 1% under clauses (d) and (e) namely: (a) Low vision & blindness (b) Hard of hearing & deaf (c) Locomotors disability including dwarfism, muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, acid attack victims and leprosy cured; (d) Autism, mental illness, specific learning disability and intellectual disability; (e) Multiple disable students under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness in the posts identified for each disabilities’
Selection process for Stage-I will be done by States/UTs and qualifying candidates of Stage-I, will be eligible to appear for the step 2 i.e. Stage-II examination which will be conducted by NCERT. Qualifying Marks: Qualifying marks for candidates from General category is 40% in each paper and for candidates from SC, ST and PH is 32% in each paper. Language Test: Marks obtained in Language Test will not be included in final merit.
Important Dates for NTSE 2019
NTSE 2019 Online Application process will be flagged from the August 2018. NTSE 2019 Exam for stage-1 is scheduled in the 3rd/4th November 2018 while that for stage 2 will take place in May 2019. Dates for submission of application form and conduct of examination, are given below
|Application process begins from (Available for Tripura state)||1st week of August 2018|
|Last date to fill application form||As provided by States/ UTs|
|NTSE 2019 stage 1 exam for Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Andaman and Nicobar Islands||3rd/ 4th November 2018|
|Stage 1 exam for all other states||3rd/ 4th November 2018|
|NTSE 2019 stage 2 exam||May 2019|
Highlights of NTSE 2019 Application Form
Signatures of the Principal of the student’s respective school are mandatory on the application form of NTSE 2019. The candidate as well as the Principal of the school must adhere to the last date for submission of the Application Form. The last dates for submission of NTSE 2019 application form may vary with states. Do confirm from the Liaison Officer of your state, the address at which the completed forms are to be submitted. States/UTs Liaison Officer’s address and contact number are also available (State-wise) on the official NCERT website (www.ncert.nic.in) as well as in the article below.
|Application Form of NTSE 2019 will be live from||1st week of August 2018|
|Mode of Application||Offline (Pen and Paper based test)|
|Minimum qualification to apply for COMEDK||Class X|
|Candidature||Indians candidates and Foreign candidates studying in India|
|Documents required at the time of form-filling||Passport sized photo in school uniform|
|Application fee||For Stage I- may vary with the State/UT|
|For Stage II- No fee required|
|Mode of fee payment||Offline only|
|Helpline COMEDK Number||011-26560464 Candidates can call in between 2.30 PM to 4.30 PM only|
How to Fill NTSE 2019 Application Form?
Application process for NTSE 2019 will start from the August 2018. Application form can be filled after downloading it from the official website in the offline mode. After filling all details in Application Form candidates can submit the same via post to the address of State Liaison Officer. Candidates can also submit the application form by visiting themselves at the address of liaison officer. Go for the following steps to fill up the application form. Step 1: Registration and Downloading Application Form
- Go to official website of NCERT
- Click on tab for ‘Apply for NTSE 2019’
- Candidates have to fill up the following credentials:
- Candidates Name
- Date of birth
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Educational Qualification etc.
- After filling all the credentials click on ‘submit’
- Download the NTSE Application Form
- Candidates can also get their Application Form from the office of Liaison Officers
Step 2: Fill the details in NTSE Application form Candidates have to fill the details asked in the Application Form with an open eye carefully in their own handwriting:
- Basic Personal details, Category, Correspondence Address and Educational details, etc.
- Candidates have to affix their latest photograph and signature in the space provided on top.
Step 3: Candidates need to get their Application form attested from their School Principal. Step 4: Application fee as specified by the state/UT needs to be remitted by the candidates. Step 5: Candidates can submit their Application Form in the Liaison Office via post or visiting the address of liaison officer. Candidates can post the Application Form for NTSE 2019 to the address of Liaison Officer with respect to their State.
Documents to Be Attached with NTSE Form
Following is the list of documents that candidates must possess at the time of application form filling.
- Colour photograph not older than 6 months from the date of form filling.
- Dark background.
- No goggles only simple spectacles.
- No makeup in the photograph clicked for the form.
- Hair must be properly tied.
- Photograph must be clicked in school uniform.
- Indian nationals do not have to produce any document with the application form.
- Students of Indian origin, who are doing class 10 from abroad, have to prove their Indian citizenship, so they have to attach a copy of class 11th mark sheet.
NTSE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
All students of Class X presently studying are eligible to appear for the Stage-I examination conducted by the States/UTs, in which the schools are located. There will be no restriction for domicile. Open Distance Learning (ODL) Students are also be eligible for scholarship, provided that the student is below the 18 years of age (as on 1st July of the particular year), he/she is not employed and is appearing in X standard examination for the first time. Candidates must go through the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. A candidate who does not satisfy the eligibility criteria will not be considered for the admission process. Given below is the eligibility criteria set by NSTSS for school and graduation students.
NTSE Eligibility for school students:
- Student must be appearing for class 10 examination from a recognized school.
- Students who have applied for class 10 through open learning can appear for the NTSE exam.
- Age must be less than 18 years.
- All standards from class 1 to class 10 must be cleared.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria for graduation students:
- Student must be appearing for class XII from a recognized school.
- Class 11 examination must have been cleared without backlogs.
- No backlogs in class 12 examination final results declared by CBSE or state boards.
- Class 10 examinations must have been cleared with a minimum of 60 percent marks.
- No age limit is defined.
NTSE Examination Pattern: The tentative pattern of written examination will be as follows:
- Stage-I & II: It will comprise of three papers i.e.
|Paper||Test||No. of Questions||No. of Marks||Duration (in minutes)|
|Paper-I||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||50||50||45|
|Paper-II||Language Test (LT) English/Hindi||
|Paper-Ill||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||
* If there is any change in pattern for Stage-II examination then the same will be communicated later on through NCERT website www.ncert.nic.in. Candidates are advised to keep track of updates on NCERT website. At Stage-II (National Level), each paper will have negative marking. For each incorrect or false answer 1/3 marks will be deducted. Unattempt questions will not be considered for any marking neither negative nor positive. Application Fees: States and Union Territories may notify the fee required which will be paid for the Stage-I examination. Fee structure and mode of payment from the respective State Liaison Officers (Los) should be acknowledged. However, NCERT does not charge any fee for Stage-II examination. Class X students residing in foreign countries can approach straightforward for Stage II NTS Examination under conditions stated in the NTS brochure available on the NCERT official website. Application Form may be filled by the candidates when it is live on the NCERT website from August 2018 and post to the undersigned along with the photocopy or Xerox of the last qualified Examination mark-sheet, latest as provided by States/ UTs. Application Form for students studying in the foreign countries will be live on NCERT official website from the month of August 2018. Any queries related to NTSE 2019 must reported to COMEDK Helpline Number on 011-26560464 (Timings 2.30 PM to 4.30 PM only) This is all about NTSE 2019 for the aspirants who are waiting to appear in this examination.
Post your queries regard NTSE 2019 in the comment section to get the solutions.