What’s new in JEE Advanced 2019 – JEE Advanced 2019 exam will be conducted by any one of the seven zonal coordinating IITs, to offer admissions to the aspiring candidates in various IITs and ISM. Aspirants qualifying the JEE Advanced 2019 exam will be eligible for admissions under various Engineering, Sciences, Architecture under graduate courses. JEE Advanced 2019 is a great pylon for candidates willing to get admissions under engineering and architecture courses through their scores in JEE Advanced 2019 exam. Candidates must know that only candidates qualifying the JEE Main 2019 (Joint Entrance Examination) exam will be considered eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2019 exam. Only top 2,24,000 JEE Main 2019 qualifying candidates will be considered eligible to sit in the JEE Advanced 2019 exam. After qualifying JEE Advanced 2019, candidates will be eligible to get admissions to any of the 23 IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology), and ISM Dhanbad. On behalf of the Joint Entrance Board (JAB), any one of the seven zonal coordinating IIT will conduct the JEE Advanced 2019 exam. Below in this article we are going to discuss about what new has been introduced in JEE Advanced 2019 exam. Read the complete article to get all insights about the changes made in JEE Advanced 2019.
What’s new in JEE Advanced 2019
- From 2018, MHRD has made the JEE Advanced exam completely online. Therefore, JEE Advanced 2019 exam will be a computer based test.
- For candidates belonging to Person with Disability category (PwD candidates), the horizontal reservation has been increased to 5% from 3%.
- Supernumerary seats have been created in order to increase the number of female candidates from 8% to 14%.
- MHRD has changed the criteria of distribution of seats among the candidates on the basis of category they belong to.
- From 2018, a new provision has been introduced that only top 2,24,000 candidates qualifying the JEE Main exam will be considered eligible and will be allowed to sit in the JEE Advanced exam.
- Due of implication of GST by the government of India, there may be changes in the application fee for JEE Advanced exam.
- From 2018 onwards, the choice of JEE Advanced exam centers has been increased to 5 from 3. Now, the candidates can choose 5 exam centers as per their convenience and preference.
- The systems will be changed immediately, in case of any malfunction in the system provided to the candidates during the exam. In order to provide complete 3 hours for completing the exam to the candidates, the time of the candidate lost will be then adjusted in the server.
Below we have provided the quick review of JEE Advanced 2019 exam for your reference. We advise candidates to go through the review of JEE Advanced 2019 exam in order to get a quick glimpse of the exam.
Quick Review of JEE Advanced 2019
|Name of the JEE Advanced 2019 Exam||Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Advanced|
|Type of JEE Advanced 2019 Exam||National level|
|Category of JEE Advanced 2019 Exam||Undergraduate (UG)|
|JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Conducting authority||One of the seven zonal coordinating IITs|
|Number of eligible candidates for JEE Advanced 2019||2,24,000|
|JEE Advanced 2019 Selection process||Admissions through JoSAA counseling (on the basis of JEE Advanced Ranks)|
|Mode of JEE Advanced 2019 exam||Completely Online|
JEE Advanced 2019 exam is a national level exam, to be conducted by any one of the seven zonal coordinating IITs. This exam is conducted to offer admissions to the aspiring candidates under various under graduate engineering courses. From 2018, the JEE Advanced 2019 exam has been made online completely. Therefore, the mode of exam will be online. On the basis of ranks secured by candidates in JEE Advanced 2019 exam, they will be offered admissions during JEE Advanced Counselling 2019 and JEE Advanced Seat Allotment 2019. The JEE Advanced 2019 exam counseling and seat allotment process will be conducted by JoSAA.
Comment below your queries regarding the changes made in JEE Advanced 2019 exam, if any.
All the best!!