WBJEE Merit list 2020 will be released by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) for the students who will appear in WBJEE 2020 exam. The candidates can check WBJEE merit list only through online mode on this page as well as on the official website of WBJEEB. The conducting authority will release WBJEE merit list along with WBJEE result 2020 in the 1st week of June 2020. WBJEE released at the official website will be carrying the ranks of the candidates in descending order of the total marks obtained in all subjects of WBJEE 2020. The candidates rank high in WBJEE merit list will have more chances to be offered seats in their desired program and in the desired institute. WBJEEB will prepare a separate WBJEE merit list for each category that are General, SC, ST, OBC, PwD, and TFW. The candidates whose name will appear in the WBJEE merit List 2020 would be eligible to participate in WBJEE admission counseling to be conducted in the second week of June to third week of July 2020. To get more details on WBJEE Merit list 2020, read this article till the end.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam (WBJEE) is a state-level engineering entrance exam conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board (WBJEEB) for admissions to UG engineering programs like B.E. and B. Tech programs offered by participating Government and Self Financed Engineering & Technological institutes of West Bengal. WBJEE 2020 paper 1 and paper 2 will be held on 19 April 2020.
WBJEE Merit list 2020 Important Dates
Important dates related to WBJEE Merit list are as given in the table below:
|Events Related to WBJEE Merit List||Tentative Dates|
|WBJEE 2020 Paper-1 Mathematics||19 April 2020|
|WBJEE 2020 Paper-2 Physics & Chemistry||19 April 2020|
|Release of WBJEE 2020 answer key||Third week of May 2020|
|Declaration of WBJEE Result||1st week of June 2020|
|Declaration of WBJEE Merit List||1st week of June 2020|
|WBJEE 2020 Counselling Starts||Second week of June to Third week of July 2020|
WBJEE Merit List 2020 – Check Merit List Here
The candidates going to take WBJEE 2020 exam will be able to check their WBJEE Merit List 2020 only through online mode on this page as well as on the official website of the Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board. Only those candidates who will appear in WBJEE exam in 2020 will be able to check their merit list from the 1st week of June 2020 by following the steps given below:
- First, the candidates have to click the link given below (link will be updated when the WBJEE merit list available on the official website) or visit the official website directly.
- Now, the candidates have to enter their WBJEE application number and have to click on the submit button given there.
- The candidates will be now able to see their WBJEE merit List on the computer screen. The candidates are advised to take a print out of it for future references.
WBJEE Merit List 2020 Inter-se-merit Rules
Subject experts will be preparing the WBJEE merit list of the candidates that appeared in the WBJEE exam in 2020. During preparing the WBJEE merit list, if 2 or more candidates’ equal marks, the authority will apply Inter-se-merit rules to find out the final ranks of the candidates.
- In a case of a tie, the candidates obtained less negative marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry together in WBJEE 2020 would be given priority while giving higher rank.
- In case of a tie still exists, the candidate obtained more positive marks in Mathematics and Physics took together would be awarded high rank.
- If the rank is still not decided, the candidate obtained more positive marks in Mathematics and Chemistry took together would be given high rank.
- If the rank is still persistent, the candidates will less negative marks in Physics and Mathematics together would be given priority.
- In case of a tie still exists, the candidate will less negative marks in Maths and Physics took together will be given superiority in rank.
- If the tie still exists, the authority will give high rank to the candidate who scored less negative marks in Math and Chemistry together.
- If the tie is still not broke, only those candidates, who have scored more positive marks in Mathematics in 2 marks questions, would be given priority while giving rank.