UPESEAT 2020 exam was conducted by the UPES from the second week of May 2020 at various exam centres across the country. UPES oversees the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT) which is a university-level examination leads for the admission to 37 Bachelor of Technology B.Tech/ B. Des and B. Plan programmes in different disciplines. The candidates can open the gateway of various specializations in the engineering field by attaining a good score in this examination. The admission to the university will also be attained through the national level entrance examination and on the merit basis of Board. UPES offers specialization in subjects like Energy, Transportation, Infrastructure and Application IT. The UPES provides admission to the envious qualified candidates absolutely based on UPESEAT 2020 marks (80%) and JEE Mains score (10%) and the Board merit score (10%). This article will deal with the detailed information regarding UPESEAT 2020, such as Application Forms, Important Dates, Application Fee, Admission Criteria, Eligibility Criteria, Exam pattern, UPESEAT Syllabus, and Preparation Tips and many more.
Latest Update on UPESEAT 2020: UPES has started the online & offline application form of UPESEAT 2020 exam, go through the link given below to access the same:
UPESEAT 2020 Important Dates
The important dates of UPESEAT 2020 are mentioned below and candidates can check the tables to get a clear idea of the dates. Candidates need to visit the official website for getting the information about the UPESEAT important dates 2020.
|Availability of UPESEAT 2020 Application Form||Started|
|Last Date of Application Form submission||Last week of April 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card||1st week of May 2020|
|UPESEAT Exam 2020||2nd to 3rd week of May 2020|
|UPESEAT Result||4th week of May 2020|
|Counselling Date of Board Merit||3rd week of June 2020|
|Non-Exam JEE Main Merit & Non-Exam Board Merit (In case of B.Tech)||2nd week of June 2020|
|Counselling Date of UPESEAT||4th week of June 2020|
UPESEAT 2020 Application Form
The candidates are required to fill the recommended application form which is vital and the regularly accessible from 14 September 2019. The UPESEAT application form 2020 can be attained by online as well as offline either from the official website of the UPES or from the confirmation counters (offline). The confirmation counters at Delhi, Dehradun, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mumbai offer the offline application form and the prospectus and by sending DD for “UPES Fee Account” payable at New Delhi. The candidates need to upload the scanned or digital copy of the passport size photograph in the application form. The online candidate is instructed to take the print out with respect to the application form after accommodation for future references.
The application fee is INR 1350 in cash payment or in case of online payment or Demand Draft. The candidate can make the online fee payment through credit/ debit card/ net banking. The Demand Draft should be made in favour of UPES Fee Account payable at Dehradun/Delhi.
UPESEAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates aspiring to take admission must qualify the UPESEAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 before applying for the examination as this will lead to disqualifying in the examination. The eligibility criteria will consist of three factors.
- Based on the UPESEAT 2020 entrance examination, the candidates must have attained 60% marks in their secondary or senior secondary examination.
- The candidate should also attain 60% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at 12th
- Based on the JEE Main Merit, the candidates must have acquired 60% marks in their Secondary and Senior Secondary Examinations. Also, they should qualify for the JEE Main Examination.
- Based on Board Merit, the candidates must have attained a 80% marks in the Secondary and Senior Secondary Examination.
The candidates should also have attained a minimum of 80% in the aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in Senior Secondary Level.
The candidates with Date of Birth on or after 1 October 1998 are eligible for applying in the examination.
UPESEAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The UPESEAT 2020 is based on a predefined exam pattern which remains the same every year. In 2020, it is expected to remain unchanged. Let’s have a quick look at the key info about the exam pattern of UPESEAT 2020:
- Mode of Examination; The exam will be conducted in both online and offline mode.
- Duration: The candidates will be allotted 3 hours to complete the examination.
- Number of Questions: The candidates will answer 200 questions in the examination.
- Types of Question: The question will be of Objective type (MCQ)
- Marking Scheme: The candidate will be awarded 1 mark for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: The candidate will not lose any marks as there is no provision of negative marking.
- Marking Scheme (Table-wise): Marks in the UPESEAT 2020 will be distributed as under:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|English Language Comprehension||30|
|Current Affairs Awareness||20|
UPESEAT 2020 Syllabus
The question paper of UPESEAT 2020 will be based on 11th and 12th standard textbooks of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Comprehension, and Current Affairs Awareness. All the candidates are suggested to study hard with the help of NCERT 11th and 12th standard textbooks. Moreover, the preparation books are also available in the market. The students can also go through the mock tests, previous years’ questions papers, and sample papers of UPESEAT 2020 available online. Reading newspaper daily can enable the candidates to get a hold over the knowledge about current affairs. In addition, they can subscribe to monthly current affairs magazines.
UPESEAT 2020 Preparation Tips:
- The candidate should start the preparation by solving various types of papers, test series, and books
- The candidate can increase the speed by solving different questions.
- As the exam is based on 12th standard, so knowing about the basics will help to achieve considerable marks in the examination.
- Different types of Books to be consulted for revising a single question.
- A smart study should be done and strategies to be schedules and take guidance from the experts.
- Don’t indulge yourself in stress.
UPESEAT 2020 Admit Card
UPES will be uploading the admit card of UPESEAT 2020 on their official web page. Candidates can download the admit card when it is available by visiting the UPES official website. Candidates need to check the below details for downloading the admit card. The UPESEAT Admit Card 2020 will be available in May 2020. Let’s gather fruitful info about the admit card of UPESEAT 2020 with the help of below pointers:
- The admit card of UPESEAT 2020 will be available on the university page of UPES.
- Candidates should visit the admit card link page and download the admit card when it is available.
- Enter the details like application ID, date of birth or password according to the details asked by the web page.
- After filling up all the necessary details go and click the submit button.
- After submitting the details, admit card for UPESEAT 2020 will be shown on the display screen of the computer.
- Candidates should download the admit card and print out two to three copies of the admit card for future reference.
UPESEAT 2020 Answer Key
The authority of UPES will be uploading the answer key in the official website after a few days of the entrance examination. The answer key will aid the candidates with the calculation of the approximate section-wise and aggregate score of the examination. Also, they can estimate the rank as per the score calculated. Answer key immensely helps the student to calculate their tentative score in the exam.
UPESEAT 2020 Counselling 2020
Candidates will be shortlisted for the counselling process. The counselling will be conducted on different dates in online mode. The counselling will be executed in different rounds. The candidates first need to register on the university website to take part in the counselling procedure. The expected date of counselling procedure will be in the 1st week of June 2020 for Board Merit candidates; and the second week of June for Non-Examination JEE Main Merit and Non-exam Merit Board for B. Tech Course.
Documents to be kept during while Counselling
- 4 x Passport size photograph
- Secondary and Senior Secondary standard Marksheet and Passing Certificate
- UPESEAT Admit Card 2020
- UPESEAT Counselling 2020 call letter
- JEE Main 2020 Rank Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Demand Draft
The above info about UPESEAT 2020 is gathered by our experts employing the authentic resources. Feel free to post your further queries in the comment section below.