UCEED Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Eligibility criteria of UCEED 2019 define the parameters which the aspirants need to meet in terms of age, qualification and many other such. The candidates need to qualify the UCEED examination for attaining the eligibility of admissions in B.Des courses. The candidates who are willing to take part in the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) will have to meet the UCEED Eligibility Criteria 2019. To fulfill the eligibility criteria as determined by the conducting body, each candidate has to meet the criteria such as qualifying exam, age limit, and minimum marks. Only the eligible candidates will be getting entry to the admission process of B.Des course. The conducting body of the UCEED examination is IIT Bombay. The candidates who are passed class 12 or its equivalent exam from a recognized board will only be eligible to apply for UCEED 2019. The examination is a national level examination which will be conducted every year and the admissions will be offered by the IIT Guwahati, IIT Bombay and IIITDM Jabalpur. This article will provide information regarding the UCEED Eligibility Criteria 2019. The candidates must keep a track on the website for further updates.
Latest Update: IIT Bombay has announced the opening and closing dates of UCEED 2019. Online application form can be filled from 9 October to 9 November 2018.
UCEED Eligibility Criteria 2019
The candidates need to qualify the UCEED examination to fill the allotted seats under the participating institutes. The candidates need to know the important dates for applying the exam and build a strategy accordingly. The term ‘UCEED eligibility criteria 2019’ determines the conditions of the candidates willing to pursue B.Des as their career. The candidates need to examine the UCEED Eligibility Criteria 2019 before applying for the examination because failing this will result in disqualifying from the exam. Below are the mentioned criteria for applying.
Nationality: All Indian/Foreign and OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)/PIO (Person of Indian Origin) card holders are eligible for participating in the UCEED 2019.
- The candidates who belong to Open or OBC-NCL category will be required to be born on or after 1st October 1993.
- The candidates of category SC, ST or PwD will be required to be born on or after 1st October 1988.
- The candidates need to have qualified their 12th standard examination or equivalent from a recognized board in 2018.
- The candidates appearing for the 12th standard examination or equivalent from a recognized board will also be eligible to take part in the examination.
Stream: The candidates belonging from any stream i.e. Science, Commerce or Arts will be eligible.
List of Qualifying Examinations:
The mentioned below qualifications make the candidates eligible to take part in admission process of B.Des course and pursue their career in the field of Design.
- Any final examination of 10+2 system recognized by any state/central board of education.
- Final year examination of two-year course duration of Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Vocational Higher Secondary Examination
- Candidates who have studied in any of the public school, university or board in India or abroad which is recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Certificate of High School Examination of the International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva or Cambridge University.
- Advanced (A) level at General Certificate Education examination (London/ Cambridge / Sri Lanka)
- Intermediate examination by a recognized central or state board such as CBSE or CISCE
- Senior Secondary school examination organized by the National Institute of Open Schooling with five subjects at least.
- Three years diploma recognized by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education
- The candidates need to qualify minimum a single public examination i.e., Board or Pre University at an early level in case the qualifying examination is not a public examination.
UCEED Eligibility Criteria 2019: An Insight into Number of Attempts
The candidates will be allowed to attempt the UCEED examination for a maximum of two times in consecutive years
Validity of Score Card:
The candidates can utilize the scorecard of the UCEED for only one year and for admissions in the corresponding academic year.
UCEED Reservation Criteria 2019:
The reservation of seats is applied to several categories for the certain number of seats available. Below is the list of percentage of the seats for reference.
- The candidates belonging from Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) will contain 27% of reserved seats per course.
- The candidates belonging from the Schedule Caste category will reserve 15% of the seats per course.
- The candidates of Schedule Tribe category will be reserved with 7.5% of seats per course.
- The candidates from PwD category will attain 5% (reservation of persons with disability) of the seat reservation. According to the rules of the institute to be admitted the candidates from PwD will be cycled over in a four-year period.
To solve your queries regarding UCEED Eligibility Criteria 2019, post your comments in the below section.