TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2019- TNEA means Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission process. TNEA is conducted by the Anna University every year mainly at the state level. It provides admission to all the candidates who are interested to pursue various engineering courses provided by the many colleges of the Tamil Nadu state. The engineering entrance exam is mainly organized by the Anna University. The Tamil Nadu University gives admission to a large number of candidates both in private and government colleges depending on their performances in the examination. It also verifies the marks secured in the XII class along with the scores of TNEA 2019 exam. All the interested candidates can fill up the TNEA application forms prior to the last date. This university provides various courses like Bachelor of Engineering and Technology and several other courses at the undergraduate as well as postgraduate level. All these programmes enable the candidates to improvise their overall personality and individual growth in their respective courses. There are various eligibility criteria for various courses with different specialization. Therefore, as per the TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2019, the selection of the applicants who are applying for the exam will be done on the merit basis after the result declaration. The selected candidates will be then called for participating in the counseling round and interview session.
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2019
The interested candidates should have the knowledge about TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2019. The candidates can fill up the TNEA application form 2019 through online mode only. It must be noted that once the candidates submit the application form of TNEA 2019, they will not get any opportunity to bring any changes or modification in that form. Therefore, it is necessary for all the candidates to fill the application form very cautiously. Candidates can check whether they are qualified or not by following the TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2019. Here the candidates can check the complete eligibility criteria for taking admission in Tamil Nadu University and its other affiliated institutions.
Eligibility Criteria on the basis of Age
The university has set the eligibility criteria on the basis of age limit. The candidates can apply for TNEA having a minimum age limit of 18 years. The maximum age limit for applying is 25 years. The age limit criteria are generally set by the university. The candidates who exceed the defined age limit are not eligible to apply for the exam.
Eligibility Criteria on the basis of Educational Qualification
- The candidates will have to pass the higher secondary examination from any recognized board.
- TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2019 states that the candidates must secure at least 50% marks for General category, 40% marks for Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, and SCA, 40% for MBA and DNC category and 45% for the backward class category.
- The candidates should have secured a minimum average percentage in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2019 includes following Domicile criteria –
- The candidates who have studied from class 8 to 12 from Tamil Nadu state are allowed to apply for the TNEA 2019 for which they don’t have to enclose any Domicile certificate.
- The candidates who passed their class 6 to 12 and other equivalent exams from other states are also eligible to apply. But for that, they need to enclose the Domicile certificate in electronic form.
- TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2019 states that the Central Government employee’s children are also eligible to apply without any domicile certificate.
- The children of Public sector employees who have been working for 5 years are eligible to apply, irrespective of any domicile certificate. In that case, the candidates are required to present certain documents like Income Tax Return, slips of Provident fund etc.
- All India Service officers’ children from the Tamil Nadu state are also eligible to apply for the admission.
For Tamil Srilankan Refugees
The Tamil refugee candidates who belong from Sri Lanka but have studied in Tamil Nadu state are also eligible to apply for taking admission into the university through open competition. For this purpose, they are required to produce some certificates that are necessary for the process of verification at TFC.
TNEA Criteria for Marine Engineering
The TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2019 states that the candidate must have a minimum age limit of 25 years for taking admission into the Marine Engineering branch. The candidate must bring a medical fitness certificate, that is he or she should be medically fit. As per the TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2019, the candidate should have cleared higher secondary examination with Physics, Chemistry, English, and Mathematics as a mandatory subject with at least 60% or above aggregate marks in all the subjects. It is also essential that candidates secure 50% marks in English subject both in class X and class XII.