TNEA 2019- Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Tamil Nadu has released the rank list of TNEA 2019 on 20 June 2019. The conducting body has assigned a random number of TNEA 2019 to all candidates who have registered for TNEA 2019. The candidates can sign into their account to check the random number or check their registered mobile number. TNEA stands for Tamilnadu Engineering Admission which is conducted once in a year under the control of Anna University. The Anna University conducts this Exam every year on a state level basis for the students interested in engineering programs into various courses provided by different colleges of the state. The university provides admission to students in Government & Private colleges based on how they perform in the Exam. The candidates are offered b. Tech seats on the basis of their marks in 10+2, and the marks in TNEA 2019 Exam. Interested students can fill the application form in online or offline mode before the last date. The examination conducting body has announced the official dates and admission details for TNEA 2019 exam which we have provided in this article. On this page, the candidates can check eligibility criteria, application process, selection process, important dates, participating institutes and more. Keep reading to know TNEA 2019 in detail.
Latest Update: The examination conducting body has released the rank list of TNEA 2019 on 20 June 2019, check the same by clicking the link given below:
Various courses offered by the University:
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of technology
- Other Engineering courses at UG and PG level
All these courses help the students to develop their overall personality development and growth in their respective fields.
There are different eligibility criteria for different courses and for different specializations.
Candidates applying for the exam will be selected on the basis of merit list announced after the declaration of results and those candidates will be called for the counseling and personal interview session.
TNEA 2019 Exam Dates
The dates of Exam has announced in the month of May 2019 on the official website of Anna University. Some important dates are as follows:
|Date from when the application form begins||2 May 2019|
|Last date for registration for the students to apply for the exam.||31 May 2019|
|Last date for filling the application form and submitting it on the official website.||31 May 2019|
|Assigning random number and roll number to the students applying for the exam||3 June 2019|
|Rank List release||20 June 2019|
|Counselling process and personal interview session begins||3 to 30 July 2019|
TNEA 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are the basic needs or rules set by the university. For the admission through TNEA 2019 exam, the candidates need to meet the eligibility criteria set by the university. The eligibility criteria are a set of conditions related to nativity, age, qualifying exam, required marks that must be fulfilled by the applicants in order to be eligible for admission. The candidates who don’t meet the eligibility criteria as suggested by the conducting body will not be considered for admission process. In order to be considered eligible, the candidates need to fulfill the criteria as mentioned below:
Age limit: The minimum age limit for the applying students is 18 years of age and the maximum age limit for the applying students is 25. Exceeding this age limit students will not be able to apply for the exam. The candidates applying to marine engineering should be maximum 25 years as on the last day of application submission.
Residence: The students applying should be a citizen of India and must have completed their VIII, IX, X, XI and XII from any region of Tamil Nadu. The students who have qualified their VIII, IX, X, XI, and XII, not from Tamil Nadu are also eligible to apply but such applicants should have a nativity certificate of Tamil Nadu state. Children of Central Government employees are also eligible to apply for TNEA 2019. The candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose the Nativity Certificate. The children of wards of central government employees are also eligible if their parents are employed in TN for the past five years. The children of wards of public sector employees or the children of those working in Government recognized Institutions for the past five years at the time of application submission are eligible to apply for TNEA 2019.
Education Qualification: The candidates should have completed 10+2 from the state (TN natives) or VIII, IX, X, XI and XII from the state (for non-state residents).
- A minimum of 50% & above marks in 10+2 as aggregate in PCM subjects (45% for the special category).
- Children of employees working in the Public sector or Govt. recognized Institutions who have been working in their department for the last 5 year are also eligible to apply for the exam irrespective of their domicile.
- Tamil Nadu native candidates who have passed their any of the class from Tamil Nadu board are also considered eligible to apply.
Category-wise Minimum Required marks in Qualifying Exam
|Category||Minimum Marks in PCM|
|Backward Class (including backward class Muslim)||45%|
|MBC & DNC||40%|
TNEA 2019 Eligibility Criteria for Marine Engineering
The candidates who are seeking admission in Marine Engineering need to have passed in class 12 exams with at least 60% marks in physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects. Such candidates should also have studied English as one of the subjects in their class 12 or its equivalent exam. The candidates must have scored at least 50% marks in the subject at class 10 or class 12. To be considered eligible, the candidates should also meet the criteria mentioned below:
- Height – Not less than 157 cm
- Vision – Should have normal vision
- Weight – Must be minimum 48 kg
TNEA 2019 Eligibility Criteria for other State Candidates
The candidates who are not native of Tamil Nadu state and belonging to other states should have passed class 12 or its equivalent exam with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (40% for SC and ST candidates) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board.
TNEA 2019 Application Form
The candidates who want to take up TNEA exam in 2019 need to firstly fill out an online application form. The application process was started on 2 May 2019. The candidates can fill the application form on the official website of TNEA or they can also fill the application form by clicking the link given on this page. The application form can be downloaded through offline mode and can be filled at the campus of Anna University, Chennai and have to pay the specified amount of the application fee. In order to fill the online application form of TNEA 2019, the candidates have to go through the steps as mentioned below:
Registration: Firstly, the candidates have to click on the link given on this page (Would be posted once the online application process gets started). Thereafter, the candidates have to register themselves using valid email id and mobile number. To complete the registration process, the candidates also have to enter details pertaining religion, nativity, and communication, etc details.
Payment of Application Fee: After registration, the candidates need to make payment of the application fee using online mode of payments or they can also use offline mode (DD) to pay the application fee. The candidates have to pay Rs. 500 for general & OBC, and Rs. 250 for SC, ST and SCA candidates from Tamil Nadu state.
Filling the Application Form: Now, the candidates have to fill the application form by providing the required details asked in there. The candidates have to provide personal details such as category, nationality, and also scholarships, etc. Thereafter, the candidates have to provide their academic qualification details such as class 10 and 10+2 marks, qualifying exam, board, and more.
Submission of the Application Form: After, completing the above mentioned details, the candidates have to finally check the filled application in all respects. Now, the candidates have to submit the same by clicking the option “Submit” given there
Fee payment steps: In order to make payment of the application fee, the candidates have to follow the instruction given below:
- Fee payment through online mode via debit/credit card or net-banking. Candidates can pay by entering card details in the options given, and wait for the transaction to be done.
- For offline payment, candidates can pay the amount of Rs.500, at the time of purchase of the application for from the University campus.
- Keep a copy of both the payment methods.
TNEA 2019 Random Number
After successful submission of TNEA 2019 application form, the candidates would be issued a random number and the main purpose of issuing this number is to help break the deadlock between candidates. It will solve the tie breaking situation. The candidates can check the allotted 10 digits random number by logging in their account.
TNEA 2019 Document Verification
After checking the issued random number, the candidates have to report at the assigned facilitation centre for the document verification process. The facilitation centre will be available in all district of Tamil Nadu state which will ensure the document verification process is smooth and event-free. The candidates have to bring the required document at the time of document verification process at facilitation centre.
TNEA 2019 Exam Pattern
The Anna University and the exam council has notified of the TNEA 2019 exam pattern so that candidates can become familiar to the actual exam scenario. The exam pattern is given in the table below.
|Total Time Given to Finish the Exam||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|Language of Question Paper||English and Hindi|
|Type of Examination||Objective Type|
|Number of Questions||150 Questions|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for each correct response There is no negative marking for the wrong answers.|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Syllabus||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ biology.|
|Locations and Exam Centres||50 cities in India|
TNEA Reservation of Seats 2019:
The exam council has set and mentioned some different eligibility criteria for the applying candidates. There is some relaxation regarding the percentage for reserved students and categories. Some of them are mentioned below:
|Open Competition (OC)||31|
|Backward Class (BC)||26.5|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class and Denotified Communities (MBC and DNC)||20|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1|
TNEA 2019 Syllabus:
Syllabus of TNEA 2019 will be the same as 10+2 syllabus which covers the topics as follows-
- Mathematics– Geometry. Trigonometry. Integral calculus & differentiation. Probability. Statistics. Algebra & permutation-combination.
- Chemistry– Kinetics. Molecular & atomic structure. Environmental chemistry. Surface & organic chemistry. Chemistry in everyday life.
- Physics– Gravitation. Thermodynamics. Magnetism. Thermodynamics. Electricity. Alternating currents. Heat and mass transfer. Motion-oscillation. Solids & fluid. Optics & kinematics. Refraction and reflection.
TNEA 2019 Admit Card:
- Students can download admit cards after getting the roll no from the official website after the 2nd week of June 2019.
- Visit the website, open the “Admit card” link and fill the details. Enter after that. The admit card comes. Take a print of the same for the future.
- Admit card have the student’s identity proofs. Name, Contact details, Photograph, Venue of the examination, Roll number, Exam date, timings, and duration.
- Every student should have the admit card while entering the exam hall. If anyone does not have the admit card, they will not be allowed to give the exam.
- Students can download the admit card with the help of the login credentials which are assigned by the University to every student.
- The exam council will begin the distribution of admit card from June 2019. Students can also download the admit card from the link mentioned in the website.
- Admit card is a necessity in the exam hall. Without the presence of admit card students will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Admit card acts as an identity proof of the students.
TNEA Exam Result 2019
The results will be available on the website after announced in the last week of June 2019.
Steps in the result download-
- Log-in the website, click on ‘’Result TNEA 2019-20” link
- Enter roll number & enter
- The Result page will open.
- Print the copy.
- The merit list will be declared after the announcement of the results.
- The merit list will decide the shortlisted candidates.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be eligible and called for the counseling and personal interview session.
- The mark sheet of the students should contain their name along with the grades.
- Students can check their results with the help of the login credentials which are provided to every student.
- Those login and account information through which students have downloaded their admit card, they can view their results with the same login information.
TNEA 2019 Rank List
The examination conducting body will prepare a rank list of the selected candidates based on their performance in the TNEA 2019 exam. For the normalization process, marks obtained by the candidate in physics, chemistry, and mathematics will be calculated out of 200 ((Physics + Chemistry – 100, Mathematics – 100). Normalization is done to ensure that there is a level playing field and candidates from one board don’t enjoy an unfair advantage over another. in a case of 2 candidates score same marks in TNEA 2019 exam, the examination conducting body will use
Enter-se merit will be determined in the following sequence:
- Percentage of marks in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in optional subject
- Based on age (with preference given to the older candidate)
- If tie still persists, random numbers assigned to candidates will be used to break the tie.
TNEA 2019 Seat Allotment
Based on merit rank of the candidate, and selection of institute and course, the candidates would be allotted seat. There will be total 5 rounds of seat allotment process which will begin 3 July 2019. The candidates would be allotted seats on a provisional basis, with candidates having the opportunity to accept or reject the offer. The final allotment of seat would be announced later. The candidates who have been allotted seats previously will have the chance to upgrade to the next subsequent rounds.
TNEA 2019 Cutoff
The examination conducting body that is Anna University releases TNEA cutoff for each of the subsequent rounds of allotment rounds. The candidates who are going to take up TNEA exam in 2019 can check branch-wise and category-wise TNEA 2019 Cutoff on the official website as well as on our separate page for TNEA Cutoff 2019. Last year, there were total 5 round of seat allotment round so the candidates can expect the same for 2019 admission process. TNEA 2019 Cutoff will contain the opening and closing rank for admission at TNEA participating institutions. Sanctioned seats, number of applications received, and also category of the candidate are the factors which are taken into account while preparing TNEA 2019 cutoff. To be considered eligible for admission, the candidates will be required to rank more than closing rank as prescribed by the conducting body.
TNEA 2019 Counselling
Selected students have to first download the forms from the website. The process of counselling will start from June-July 2019 by the University. Counselling fee will be INR 5000 (general) & INR 1000 (SC/ST).
Students will be given the colleges in the counselling process. Based on how they have performed in the exam.
The documents asked during document verification are-
- Mark sheets of secondary & higher secondary,
- Id-proofs with category & domicile certificate,
- Counselling call letter & fees,
- 6 passport photographs (colored).
- The counseling process is the last step in the admission procedure.
- At the time of counseling, all the students should be present there.
- Candidates must be present with one of their guardians to complete the verification of the documents.
- All the students must carry all their important documents with them in the counseling session.
- Being the last step in the admission process, it decides the final selection of the students.
TNEA 2019 Participating Institutes
Around 500 institutes located in Tamil Nadu state will participate in the TNEA 2019 admission process and will offer admission to its UG level engineering program based on performance in the TNEA 2019 exam. These participating institutes are government, private, government aided and private aided. TNEA 2019 Participating Institutes offer more than 1.5 lakh engineering seats to the deserving candidates. In the table below, we have provided the list of top 10 participating institutes along with total number of seats and its ownership.
|List of Participating Institutes||Total no of seats||Ownership|
|Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur||1380||Private|
|Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore||700||Government|
|College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai||1290||Government|
|Kongu Engineering College, Erode||1680||Private|
|Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore||1200||Private|
|Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai||900||Government|
|PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore||300||Private|
|St.Joseph’s College of Engineering, Chennai||540||Private|
|Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai||860||Private|
|Velammal Engineering College, Chennai||600||Private|
This is all about TNEA 2019 till now. Every update by the conducting authority will be published here about the exam very first. Hence, stay tuned with us. Post your queries in the comment section and get a response from our experts in no time.