Thapar B.Tech Admission 2019-Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology was founded in 1956 and it is located at Patiala, Punjab India. This institute provides an admission to all the students seeking for diverse UG & PG courses through Thapar B.Tech Admission 2019. If the candidates have provided JEE Main & NEET exam score card, this institute does not take any other entrance exam for admission. The candidates, who have not appeared in JEE Main & NEET entrance exam, need to appear Thapar B.Tech Admission 2019. The application form is available online. The last week of April is the last date for submission of the application form. This university has set certain criteria for all the students & the candidates. The various factors which are important apart from JEE Main & NEET are age limit, subjects, 10+2 board exam percentage. For more details & information, candidates can check the important information below about Thapar B.Tech Admission 2019.
Thapar B.Tech Admission 2019: Important Dates
Check the below table to know the tentative schedule of Thapar B.Tech Admission 2019. Candidates must note down all the related information about the exam.
Thapar B.Tech Exam Dates
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Online Application form date||4th week of April 2019|
|1st list of selected candidates||Last week of May 2019|
|2nd list of selected candidates||2nd week of June 2019|
|3rd list of selected candidates||Last week of June 2019|
|Counseling Date start||First week of July 2019|
Application Form for Thapar B.Tech Admission 2019
Candidates can get the application form on the website of Thapar B.Tech Admission 2019. Candidates need to fulfill all the eligibility criteria before filling up the application form.
Candidates can follow the important steps for filling up the application form:
- Candidates need to go to the website Thapar B.Tech Admission 2019 and need to click the link.
- Then candidates need to select the course of their choice.
- The candidates need to mention their name, address, academic qualification, parent’s name and other necessary details.
- After filling up the application form candidates need to upload their scanned copy of signature and scanned copy of photograph.
- Candidates are required to upload necessary documents such as mark sheets, caste certificate and other documents asked by the application form.
- After the process candidates need to study the application form again and press the submit button.
- Candidates need to take two printouts of the form.
The application fee can be paid through both online and offline mode. The fee can be paid through net banking, debit card or credit card or through any other online mode. The application fee can be paid also through offline mode i.e. through demand draft. The application fee is Rs 1500 and it is non-refundable.
Thapar B.Tech Admission 2019 – Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the exam, we would advise every candidate to go through the eligibility criteria described by the exam conducting authority. Aspirants failing to satisfy and fulfill the eligibility conditions will not be considered for admissions and entrance process. Below we have given the detailed eligibility criteria for the reference of the aspiring candidates.
For B.Tech Course –
- Applying candidate must have qualified in intermediate level exam or equivalent from any recognized university or board.
- General category candidates must have qualified with 60% aggregate, it is 55% for SC, ST candidates (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics).
- Candidates who belong to Indian Citizen can apply for the exam.
- To get the admission the candidates must born 1st October 1993 and the candidates who belong to ST/SC/PWD category can get the 5 years of relaxation.
- The candidates who secured higher position in 10+2 i.e. (80% for general, 75% for SC/ST) but less marks in JEE i.e. (48% for general & 30% for SC/ST) can appear the exam.
- The Candidates who secured lower marks in 10+2 i.e. (60% for general, 55% for SC/ST) but secured higher marks in JEE i.e. (72% for general & 54% for SC/ST) can appear the exam.
For B.Tech (Biotechnology) –
- General category candidates must have qualified their intermediate exam with minimum 60% marks. It is 55% for SC, ST candidates (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology).
- Minimum aggregate of general candidates in NEET must be 20% marks. It is 15% for SC, ST candidates.
Thapar B.Tech Admission 2019 –Procedure
- On the basis of merit list prepared by the exam conducting authority, the aspirants will be offered admissions.
- For some courses, scores of JEE Main and NEET will be considered enough for admissions, whereas for other courses the candidates will need to appear for the entrance exam.
- Candidates shortlisted on either basis will be then called for further counseling and admission process.
Thapar B.Tech Admission 2019 – Entrance Exam
- Exam conducting authority will organize the entrance exam for some courses to offer admissions to the aspiring candidates.
- On the basis of scores of candidates in the entrance exam and ranks in the merit list, to be released by the authorities they will be offered admissions.
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- Admit cards for the entrance exam will be made available through mails. Every candidate will receive their admit card via mail on their registered email ID.
Thapar B.Tech Admission 2019 – Result/ Merit 2019
The exam conducting authority will declare the result of the entrance exam in online mode. Aspirants who will be applying through their GATE, NEET, or JEE scores will be offered admissions on the basis of merit list to be prepared separately for such candidates. In the month of June or July 2019 tentatively, the result will be announced. After the declaration of result, authority will start the counselling process.
Thapar B.Tech Admission 2019 – Cut off
The authority will release the cut off for Thapar University on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates. Aspirants will be required to look into the cut off list in order to know whether they will qualify the exam. The factors responsible for the cut off determination:
- Seat reservation for different categories
- Seats availability
- Merit List ranking based on the scores of JEE Main 2019 and NEET 2019
- Admission process of last year
Thapar B.Tech Admission 2019 – Counselling
After the declaration of result and merit list, the university will start the counselling process. Counseling process will be carried out in various offline rounds to offer admissions to the sort listed candidates. On the basis of scores ands availability of seats candidates will be given admissions. It must be remembered that priority will be given to national level exam qualifiers. Following documents will be needed during document verification process-
- 12thlevel certificates
- Category certificate
- Character certificate
- Copy of the filled application form
- Income certificate
- Medical fitness certificate
- Migration certificate
- Result and admit card of entrance exam (if applicable)
- Score card of the qualifying exam
Thapar B.Tech Admission 2019
It must be remembered that during counselling and admission process, priority will be given to the national level exam qualifiers. In the month of June or July 2019, tentatively the admissions process for Thapar University will begin. On the basis of scores, availability of seats, and ranks in the merit list the candidates will be offered admissions.