TANCET 2019 is a state-level entrance exam and organized by Anna University, Chennai on behalf of the Tamil Nadu Government for the candidates who are willing to get admission into PG level engineering programs such as M.E./ M.Tech programs offered by Tamil Nadu Colleges. Through TANCET 2019, admission into other PG programs such as MCA, M. Arch, M. Plan, and MBA are done. Therefore, the admission for the batch of 2019-2020 will be done by conducting TANCET 2019. The candidates who are seeking through TANCET are suggested to go through the whole article to know the admission process in detail. The examination conducting body has not announced the official brochure and dates for TANCET 2019, however, the candidates can check expected dates and admission procedure details based on last year’s admission details. The application form will be available tentatively from the first week of April 2019 on the official website of the university. It is expected that the TANCET 2019 is going to be held in the 3rd week of March 2019. To be considered eligible for TANCET 2019, the candidate must have done graduation from any recognized university with minimum 50% aggregate marks. Here, we have provided details like important dates, eligibility criteria, exam centres, exam pattern, admit card, result, counseling and more.
TANCET 2019 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||TANCET 2019 (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test)|
|Conducting Authority||Anna University, Chennai|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Courses Offered||M. Tech, M.E., MCA, M. Arch MBA, and M. Plan|
TANCET Important Dates 2019
Since the exact dates has not been released in the official website yet, the below mentioned dates are approximately followed from the last year schedule.
|Events||Dates 2019 (Tentative)|
|Releasing date of the application form||1st Week of April 2019|
|Last Date to submit the application form||4th Week of April 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||1st Week of May 2019|
|Examination date||3rd Week of May 2019 2019|
|Declaration of result||2nd Week of June 2019|
|Counseling date||June 2019|
TANCET Eligibility Criteria 2019
- The candidates, who have valid GATE scores, are not required to take up TANCET 2019.
- The applicants who are appearing for the final year qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for the TANCET entrance exam.
- The candidates having GATE score in Life Science or in Engineering Science can also sit for the TANCET 2019.
- There are no specific nativity criteria for TANCET 2019.
- For M.Tech, M.Arch, M.E courses, the candidates must have passed their bachelor’s degree in the respective field. The applicant belonging to general categories must have secured 50% aggregate marks and the candidates belonging to SC, ST and OBC categories should have secured at least 45% aggregate marks.
- For MBA, the candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks for general candidates and 45% for the reserved category candidates.
- For MCA, the candidate must have passed studied mathematics as a mandatory subject in class XII as well as graduation with at least 50% aggregate marks and 45% for reserved category candidates.
TANCET 2019 Application Form
The candidates can download the TANCET Application Form 2019 from the official website of the university. The application form will be available only in the online mode. It is expected that the application form will be available from the month of April 2019. The candidate should fill up the application form with all the correct information because once it is submitted, no alteration can be made. In order to fill up the application form, the candidates have to follow the steps given below:
- Step 1 – Registration: Firstly, the candidates have to visit the official website of Anna University and click on the Registration button. Now, the candidates have to register themselves by providing the basic details such as their name, email ID, date of birth and valid mobile number. The candidates also have to create a password as per their choice.
- Step 2 – Fill the Online Application Form: On completion of the registration process, the candidates have to proceed to fill up the online application form of TANCET in the next step. The candidates have to provide the required personal details, educational details, communication details and have to their choice of exam centre and paper of TANCET 2019. Thereafter, the candidates have to upload the scanned copy of their recent passport size photograph in JPG/JPEG format in a file with size of 20KB to 30KB.
- Step 3 – Application Fees Payment:Now, the candidates have to pay the required application fees (fee detail is given in the table below) using online mode of payment using net banking, debit card or credit card.
TANCET 2019 Application Fee
The candidates going to submit the online application form of TANCET 2019 will be required to pay the application fee in online mode. The candidates have to pay as per the fee details given in the table below:
OBC, SC and ST
TANCET 2019 Exam Centres
TANCET exam centres list contain the name of cities where TANCET exam is going to be held in 2019. While filling the online application form of TANCET 2019, the candidates will have to select the name of cities from the list given here as per their preference. The candidates will be allotted exam centres on the basis of their preferred choice and availability of space. The examination conducting body has not revealed the list of TANCET exam centres 2019, however, based on last year’s centres details we have provided the tentative list of exam centres below:
TANCET 2019 Exam Pattern
The candidates appearing in TANCET in 2019 should follow the exam pattern as mentioned below:
- Examination Mode: The TANCET 2019 exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- Exam Duration: Total duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- Question Type: Objective type Multiple Choice Questions will be asked in TANCET 2019.
- Language: The medium of the TANCET 2019 question paper will be in English only.
- Number of Questions: Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Examination will carry a total of 115 questions. Part 1 will carry total 20 questions; part 2 will contain total 35 questions while part 3 will carry a total of 60 questions.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, the candidate will be awarded 1 market.
- Negative Marking: For every incorrect answer, the candidate will be deducted 1/3 marks.
TANCET 2019 Syllabus
In order to prepare for the TANCET exam in a particular way, the candidates must go through the syllabus as determined by the conducting body. Anna University has not set syllabus for 2019 exam yet. Till it gets announced, we have provided here the syllabus released last year. TANCET 2019 Syllabus is devised into 3 parts. Part I and Paper II were compulsory while Part III is according to the selection of the candidates. The candidates can check the syllabus in the table below:
Syllabus for Part 1: Engineering Mathematics
- Applied Probability
- Calculus and Differential Equations
- Determinants and Matrices
- Functions of Complex Variables and Complex Integration
- Numerical Methods
- Vector Calculus
Syllabus for Part 2: Basic Engineering and Sciences
- Applied Mechanics
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Material Science
- Mechanical Engineering
Syllabus for Part 3: Subject Related
- Aeronautical & Aerospace Engineering
- Agriculture & Irrigation Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
Recommended Books for TANCET Preparation
In order to prepare for the TNACET 2019 exam in particular way, the candidates must follow some books recommended by the subject experts. The names of suggested books are given in the table below:
Name of the Program
Name of the Book
Engineering and Science Stream
TANCET MBA (Anna University)
S.Chand (G/L) & Company Limited
TANCET MBA Superior Guide
Sakthi Publishing House
TANCET MCA Superior Guide
Sakthi Publishing House
TANCET MCA (Anna University)
TANCET 2019 Preparation Tips
- The candidate should properly study before appearing for the TANCET 2019
- They should have proper knowledge about the exam pattern and syllabus of the exam.
- The candidate should study the previous year sample papers to get a detailed idea of the question paper.
- The candidate should be confident and determined with their preparation and revise thoroughly by keeping good mental and physical health.
TANCET 2019 Sample Papers
In order to prepare for the TANCET 2019 exam in a proper way, the candidates are required to practice the TANCET sample papers. Solving the sample papers will help the candidates will be able to understand the examination and its question pattern. The topics that are usually covered by the question paper can also be checked by the TANCET sample papers. The examination conducting body prepares TANCET 2019 Sample Papers based on TANCET syllabus 2019. The candidates can check the sample papers in the table below:
Computer Science & Engineering
Basic Engineering & Sciences
TANCET 2019 Admit Card
The candidates can download the TANCET admit card from the official website of the university. The admit card contains all the details like name of the applicant, date and time of the exam, venue of the exam, roll number and passport size photograph along with the signature of the candidate. Without admit card no candidate can appear for the exam. The applicants can download the admit card through online mode. They should keep the soft copy of the card for future references and no admit card will be sent to any candidate via post.
TANCET 2019 Result
Based on performance in TANCET 2019 exam, Anna University will prepare TANCET Result and publish the same in online mode on its website. The result will be published in the official webpage of the Anna University tentatively in the 2nd Week of June 2019. The candidate can check the result by entering their email id, roll number, and password. Through TANCET 2019 result card, the candidates can check their secured marks and ranks in the entrance examination.
TANCET 2019 Cutoff
The examination conducting body that is Anna University will determine the TANCET cutoff for admission to be held through TANCET counselling process. TANCET 2019 cutoff consist minimum scores required for admission. The candidates who will clear the cut off will only be shortlisted for admission. While preparing the cutoff, Anna University will consider factors like number of applicants, difficulty level, previous year cutoff trends and more. Based on previous year’s cutoff trends, we have prepared the expected cutoff of 2019 which can be seen in the table below:
Expected TANCET Cut Off 2019
TANCET 2019 Counseling
After the declaration of the TANCET 2019, the students will be called for counselling round, who have been qualified in the test in order to get admission into various colleges under Anna University. All the students should carry their original documents at the time of counseling. The candidates should bring the following documents –
- Scorecard of TANCET 2019
- Pass certificate and mark sheet of the X, XII, and graduation.
- TANCET 2019 Admit card
- Category certificate
- Character certificate.
TANCET 2019 Coordinating Centres
The following are the name of coordinating centres for TANCET 2019:
- Chennai Examination Centre, Anna University, Chennai
- Chidambaram Annamalai University
- Coimbatore Government College of Technology Dindigul
- Erode Institute of Road and Transport Technology
- Karaikudi Alagappa College of Engineering & Technology
- Madurai Anna University Regional Centre – Madurai
- Nagercoil University College of Engineering, Nagercoil
- Salem Government College of Engineering
- Thanjavur Kunthavai Naacchiyaar Govt. Arts College for Women
- Tiruchirappalli Anna University Regional Centre – Tiruchirappalli
- Tirunelveli Government College of Engineering
- University College of Engineering, Dindigul
- Vellore Thanthai Periyar Government Institute of Technology
- Villupuram University College of Engineering, Villupuram
TANCET Top Participating Colleges
The following are the top colleges which accept TANCET score to get admission into the offered program:
For Engineering and Science Stream
- Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- RMK Engineering College, Tiruvallur
- SRM University, Chennai
- SSN College of Engineering, Kalavakkam
- Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
- Anna University, Chennai
- Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Erode
- Builders Engineering College, Tirupur
- MOP Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai
- PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore
- Sona School of Management, Salem
- Thiagarajar School of Management, Thirupparankundram
- Kumaraguru College of Technology, Saravanampatty
- S. College of Engineering, Avadi
- Madha Engineering College, Kancheepuram
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- S Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College, Taluk
- Sree Narayana Guru College, Coimbatore
- Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET)
Centre for Entrance Examinations
Anna University, Chennai – 600 025.
TANCET 2019 FAQs
- Does TANCET have any normalization process for the scores?
Ans. Yes, TANCET has a normalization process. The formula used for TANCET normalization is – 40 + (10/S) (R– M) where M is for Mean Marks or total marks obtained from the Part I, Part II and Part III divided by 3 and S stand for Standard deviation of raw marks and R stand for Raw marks or total marks obtained from Part I, Part II and Part III.
2. Are other state students eligible to appear in TANCET 2019 exam?
Ans. Yes, the students from any Indian state can take up TANCET 2019 exam. TANCET is conducted for admission to various master programs including MBA, MCA , M.Tech, M.Arch and M.Plan.
3. Do the students who get admission through TANCET M.Tech Exam get any stipend?
Ans. No, there is no provision for candidates to get stipend through TANCET exam. Only candidates who appeared and scored well in GATE exam will be eligible to receive the stipend.
4. Can I apply for more than one programme in TANCET?
Answer. Yes, you are allowed to apply for more than 1 program. However, you must pay INR 500 (INR 250 for reserved category candidates) for each program.
5. I have a valid GATE Score. Do I need to appear for TANCET as well?
Answer. No, if you have a valid GATE score then you don’t need to appear in TANCET 2019 exam bacasue GATE qualifiers are exempted from appearing in TANCET. Such students just need to apply with the other eligibility conditions.
6. What are the names of courses in which I can get admission through TANCET 2019 exam?
Answer: You can get admission to the Master of Computer Applications (MCA), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Engineering (ME), Master of Technology (M.Tech.), Master of Architecture (M.Arch.) and Master of Planning (M.Plan.) courses at various institutions of Tamil Nadu post qualifying the TANCET exam.
7. How many colleges in Tamil Nadu accept TANCET scores?
Answer: As per last year’s admission details, around 442 engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu accepts the TANCET scores for offering admissions to their postgraduate programs.
8. Is there any concept of negative marking in the TANCET exam?
Answer: Yes, 1/3 mark is deducted for each wrongs answer.
9. What are the other modes through which I can pay the TANCET application fee?
Answer: You can pay the TANCET application fee only using online mode. You cannot pay TANCET application fee through bank challan or demand draft.
10. If I have no e-mail Id, would I be able to apply TANCET 2019?
Answer: No, a valid e-mail Id is mandatory. You have to create an e-mail Id before applying for TANCET 2019.
11. What is the importance of my GATE score over TANCET score?
Answer: In case you are qualified in GATE, your TANCET scores hold no value. Your GATE scores will be taken into account while considering for offering the PG courses at the engineering institutes of Tamil Nadu.
12. What are the various sections in TANCET 2019?
Answer: Following is the section-wise breakup of the TANCET 2019 exam for the M.Tech., ME and M.Arch. courses:
- Engineering Mathematics: 20 questions
- Basic Engineering and Sciences: 20 questions
- Part III (different for different courses): 60 questions
Following is the section-wise breakup of the TANCET 2019 exam for the MBA course:
- Data Interpretation: 25 questions
- English Language: 25 questions
- Mathematics: 25 questions
- Verbal Ability: 25 questions
Section-wise breakup of the TANCET 2019 exam for the MCA course is as follows:
- Analytical Reasoning: 25 questions
- Computer Awareness: 25 questions
- Logical Reasoning: 25 questions
- Quantitative Ability: 25 questions
Now you must be aware of all the important details of TANCET 2019. Your further queries are welcome in the comment box below.