The Joint Seat Allocation authority (JOSAA) was recognized by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) to manage and normalize the common seat assignment for admission to 100 institutions for the academic year. These include 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IITs, and 23 other state-funded technical establishments. Access to all academic courses offered by these institutions is provided through a single platform.
Reservation of Seats:
According to Government of India guidelines applicants fitting to particular categories are acknowledged to seats earmarked for them on the basis of relaxed criteria. These categories are:
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) if they fit Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)
- Scheduled Castes (SC)
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Persons with Infirmity (PwD) with 40% or added disability
Applicants will be offered the admission on the basis of their choice and All India ranks of JEE (main) 2019 through a seat allocation process which will be announced later. Candidates can make their decisions online for branches/programs and institutes in time. Applicants are advised to visit the JEE Main 2019 website on a regular basis: www.jeemain.nic.in for up-to-date information. The documents are checked at the time of the seat assignment/approval. The purpose would be to review various records of identification, age, aptitude test, status of entitlement, category and disability (if any) of the candidate. If it fails to produce the authentic documents, the candidate will not be considered for admission. Candidates SC, St, OBC and PWD are required to produce an original certificate in accordance with the prescribed formats set out by NTA.
- All applicants who have appeared in JEE Main 2019 can register for the seat assignment in the NIT + system (except IITs). All applicants who have declared themselves qualified in JEE advanced can register for the seat assignment at all partaking institutes. Applicants who do not register within the specified time frame may not seek admission for this academic year.
- Filling in the Options: Applicants can fill in their selection of institutes and branches in devoting order. Candidates are urged to meet as many decisions as possible. Applicants who do not fill in a selection within the specified time frame may not seek admission for this academic year.
- Blocking of Choices: Candidates must freeze their preferences and those who do not lock their choices, their last saved decisions are spontaneously locked when the time window for filling out options is closed.
- Number of rounds of seat assignment: JOSAA will perform seven rounds, the 1st to 7th round of seat assignment for academic programs offered by institutes under JOSAA.
- Seat Approval: Applicants who place a seat must pay the seat acceptance fee (via SBI e-Challan/SBI Net Banking/SBI debit cards) and have the documents confirmed in each reporting centre (josaa.nic.in) for interim seat acceptance.
- Participation in the Following Rounds: A candidate is obligated to fill the option for “Freeze”, “slide” or “float” The choice of academic program.
- Double Coverage: If in a subsequent round the assignment of a candidate from NIT + system to an IIT changes, the candidate must report back to an IIT reporting center, even if the assignment of a candidate from IIT to a NIT + system The candidate must also report in every NIT + reporting centre, failure to do so will result in a loss of seats that are awarded in both the NIT + system and the IIT. In the event that the seat allocation from the NIT + S system changes to IITs and vice versa, two-fold reporting is required.
- Seat Withdraw Option: The candidates have an option of withdrawing by reporting the same at the reporting center.
After the announcement of results, the data are transferred to the Central seat assignment (CSAB)/JoSAA or to the respective State Government/Institution for seat provisioning and approval procedures. The NTA does not gather data on the total number of seats offered by the institutes and reservation standards, followed by the institutes. For all admission associated processes/ inquiries, the applicants are recommended to visit the website of JoSAA, Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) or the respective State Government/Institute after the declaration of ranks of JEE Main 2019. The letter/e-mails/complaints/RTI cases/Court cases related to admission associated processes/ inquiries will not be entertained by NTA.