PTU B.Tech Admission 2019 process will start with the availability of PTU B.Tech application form tentatively from 1st week of May 2019. I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University conducts an admission process called PTU B.Tech Admission for taking admission into B. Tech program offered at I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar. Admission will be made through PTU B.Tech counselling and 2 type of candidates will be eligible to get admission, first, the candidates who are going to appear in JEE Main 2019 exam and 2nd, the one who are appearing class 12 exam or have passed class 12 exam with good marks. Official brochure for PTU B.Tech Admission 2019 is not published by the conducting body yet; however, the candidates can check all details such as eligibility criteria, important dates, selection process, fee etc based on last year’s schedule. The candidates are advised to check details of entire PTU B.Tech Admission 2019 process before proceeding for any further steps. PTU B.Tech counselling process will be conducted separately for both JEE Main candidates and class 12th candidates. Keep reading to know PTU B.Tech Admission 2019 process in details.
Through PTU Admission 2019, the following engineering program will be offered to the deserving candidates:
- Tech program
- Tech (Lateral Entry)
PTU B.Tech Important Dates 2019 – Check Dates Here
PTU B.Tech Important Dates for 2019 admission is not announced yet, till the dates are announced, the candidates can check Dates for major events such as Deposition of Fees, Start of Registration, Preparation of Ranks, Choice Filling, Result of Seat Allotment more in a table below:
|PTU Admission Events||JEE Main Round 1 and 12th Basis Admission Dates||JEE Main Round 2 Dates|
|Deposition of Fees Starts for 12th Basis Admission and JEE Main Round 1||1st week of May 2019||2nd week of June 2019|
|Deposition of Fees Ends||2nd week of June 2019||3rd week of June 2019|
|Start of Registration||1st week of June 2019||2nd week of June 2019|
|Registration Ends||2nd week of June 2019||3rd week of June 2019|
PTU B.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2019
The candidates seeking admission into B.Tech program and B.Tech (Lateral Entry) through PTU admission 2019 need to fulfill the eligibility criteria prescribed by the conducting body. PTU B.Tech Eligibility Criteria comprises age limit, academic qualification, minimum marks in qualifying examination, qualifying exam, and subject combination in qualifying exam. The candidates can check detailed eligibility criteria below:
- Domicile Criteria: 85% candidates should be permanent residential of Punjab whereas, 15% candidates should be from any part of country.
- Academic Qualification: The candidates must be passed class 12th or its equivalent exam from Punjab state board or any recognized board. The subjects in class 12 exam should be Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects whereas; any one from Biology/ Computer/ Chemistry Science/ Biotechnology should be as an optional subject. The conducting body did not prescribed any required percentage marks to be eligible for PTU B.Tech Admission 2019.
- JEE Main Exam Criteria: The candidates who are going to appear in JEE Main 2019 exam will be eligible to apply for PTU B.Tech Admission 2019. Admission will be made on the basis of JEE Main score or marks obtained in class 12 exam. The candidates who are not appearing in JEE main 2019 will also be eligible for PTU B.Tech Admission 2019.
- Other Qualification: The candidates holding diploma in engineering or 2 years certificate program from SLIET (Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology) will be considered eligible to apply for B.Tech (Lateral Entry) program.
PTU B.Tech Application Form 2019
The eligible candidates will be able to fill up the PTU B.Tech Application Form 2019 tentatively from the 1st week of June 2019. The candidates willing to get admission into B.Tech program will be able to submit the application form only through online mode on the official website of PTU as well as on this page. A link will be activated below once the application process gets started on the official website. The candidates have to follow the instruction given below while filling the online application form:
- Step 1- Registration: The candidates have to first complete registration process by entering their name, date of birth, father’s name, stream and mobile number. Thereafter, the candidates will be sent an OTP through mail to confirm the registration process. The candidates have to enter that OTP and have to click on submit button.
- Step 2- Application Fee Payment: Now, the candidates have to pay the application fee of PTU B. Tech Application Form. The candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs Rs 2000 using online modes of payment such as credit card/ debit card/ net banking and also through offline mode using E-slip at HDFC, IDBI, Axis and State Bank of Patiala banks.
- Step 3- Filling the Application Form: The candidates have to now fill the main PTU B. Tech Application Form by providing their personal details, communication details, JEE Main 2019 exam details, academic details, and address. After filling the application form, the candidates have to review the filled the application form before submitting it.
- Step 4- Application Submission: After filling the application form, the candidates have to finally click on submit button. Thereafter, the online application form would be considered as filled. The candidates are advised to click on print button and take 1 or 2 copy of it. The candidates are not required to sent the application form through post. The candidates might be asked to show the printed copy of filled application form.
PTU B.Tech Admission Counselling 2019
- The candidates will be selected for admission in B. Tech program and B. Tech (Lateral Entry) program on the basis of their performance in JEE Main 2019 exam or in class 12 final exams. I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar will conduct PTU B.Tech Admission Counselling to select the candidates who deserve B.Tech seats. PTU will first release a rank list of the candidates. The candidates who have cleared the PTU ranks will be registering themselves for counselling by making payment of the counselling fee. After registration, choice filling process has to be completed by each selected candidate. In choice filling process, the candidates have to fill the program and college as per their preference. Conducting body will allot the seat now to those candidates who have filled registration and choice filling form.
- There will be total 2 rounds of admission for the candidates who have applied on the basis of JEE Main score and total 1 round would be conducted for those who have applied for admission on the basis of class 12 marks. The candidates who have allotted seats will be informed through SMS. The candidates who have allotted seats will have to download the allotment letter from the official website. The candidates have to report at the counselling along with allotment letter and required documents. The candidates will have to undergo document verification and have to pay the admission fee. On successfully payment, the offered seat will be considered as confirmed seat.
Documents Required for PTU B.Tech Counselling 2019
The following documents have to be submitted at the time of admission counselling 2019:
- JEE Main Admit Card 2019
- JEE Main Score Card 2019
- Class 10 Certificate as Proof of Age
- Migration Certificate for Candidates of Other Universities/ Boards
- Two Recent Passport Size Photographs Attested by Principal of Last Attended College/ School
- 10+2 Standard (or equivalent) Mark-sheet
- Residential Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Character Certificate from the Principal of the College/ School (last attended)
PTU B.Tech Fee Structure
The candidates selected for admission into B.Tech program through PTU B.Tech counselling 2019 will have to pay the admission fee as per the fee details given below:
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 30,000|
|Securities (Refundable)* (one time)||Rs. 8,000|
|Development Fund||Rs. 5,400|
|Student Related Fee||Rs. 2,700|
|University Related Fee||Rs. 1,150|
|Other Fee* (one time)||Rs. 1,600|
PTU B.Tech Admission 2019: Quick Review
To have a glimpse on PTU B.Tech admission 2019, the candidates are advised to vied the details furnished in the table below:
|Name of Admission||PTU B.Tech Admission|
|Conducting Authority||I K Gujral, Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar|
|Course of Admission||B. Tech Programs|
|Basis of Admission||JEE Main and 12th Class Marks|
|Level of Admission||State Level (Punjab)|
|Category of Admission||Undergraduate Admission|
In a case of any query related to PTU B.Tech Admission 2019, you can write us in the comment section below.