KEAM Syllabus 2019 will be soon determined by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala. The candidates preparing to appear in KEAM 2019 exam must follow the KEAM Syllabus 2019. As the official syllabus for 2019 exam has not been announced yet, the candidates can check the KEAM syllabus based on last year’s. In a case of any change in KEAM Syllabus 2019, we will update this page soon. In order to prepare for the KEAM 2019 exam in a particular way, the aspirants are required to cover the entire topic prescribed in the KEAM Syllabus given here. The syllabus of KEAM 2019 exam carries the topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Subjects. In the middle of this page, the candidates can check unit-wise topics included in the KEAM Syllabus 2019 in 3 separate tables. The questions in the KEAM 2019 exam will be asked in the syllabus given here. For better preparation of the exam, the candidates are advised to divide the KEAM syllabus on the basis of its difficulty level ranging from difficult to moderate to easy. Keep reading to know KEAM Syllabus 2019 in detail.
Kerala Engineering, Architecture, and Medical, also popular as KEAM, is a state level common entrance exam conducted by Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala Government to offer admission to the applying candidates in the reputed government and private colleges and institutes located in Kerala state. Through KEAM 2019 exam, the candidates can get admission into the program offered in Engineering, MBBS, BDS, Ayurveda, Architecture, Pharmacy, Homeopathy, Unani, Agriculture, Forestry, Fishery and Veterinary courses in the state of Kerala. The candidates who are passed out or appearing in class 12 or its equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects will be able to apply for admission into engineering programs through KEAM. The official dates of events related to KEAM 2019 will be announced soon. Along with KEAM Syllabus 2019, the candidates can also read about KEAM exam pattern 2019 on this page.
KEAM Syllabus 2019 – Check Syllabus Here
The candidates who have made up their mind to appear in KEAM 2019 need to know KEAM syllabus 2019 for better preparation of the exam. The examination conducting body that is Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala has not released KEAM 2019 syllabus yet, however, till the official syllabus announced, the candidates can check the expected KEAM syllabus 2019 which is based on last year’s syllabus. The candidates can check unit-wise KEAM Syllabus 2019 of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Subjects below:
KEAM Syllabus 2019 for Physics
- Atomic Nucleus
- Current Electricity
- Description of Motion in Two and Three Dimensions
- Description of Motion in One Dimension
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Introduction and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body Rotation
- Principles of Communications
- Solids and Semiconductor Devices
- Work, Energy and Power
KEAM Syllabus 2019 for Chemistry
- Basic Concepts and Atomic Structure – Laws of chemical combination, Atomic structure
- Basic Principles, Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Equilibrium – Physical and chemical equilibria, Equilibria involving chemical systems, Concepts of acids and bases
- Chemical Kinetics
- Coordination Compounds and Organometallics
- D-Block and F-Block Elements – d-Block elements, f-Block elements: Lanthanides
- Environmental Chemistry and Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Hydrocarbons – Classification of hydrocarbons, Alkanes and cycloalkanes, Alkenes and alkynesAromatic hydrocarbons
- Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Halogens – Haloalkanes and haloarenes, Polyhalogen compounds
- Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Nitrogen – Amines
- Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen – Alcohols, Phenols, Ethers, Some commercially important compounds, Aldehydes and ketones, Carboxylic acid
- Organic Reaction Mechanism – Electronic displacement in a covalent bond, Common types of organic reactions
- P-Block Elements – General characteristics of p-block elements, Boron, Silica, Group 18 elements
- Periodic Properties of Elements and Hydrogen – Classification of elements, Hydrogen
- Polymers and Biomolecules – Polymers, Biomolecules, Reducing and non-reducing sugars, Polysaccharides, Proteins, Vitamins
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry – Oxidation and reduction, Faraday’s laws of electrolysis, Corrosion and its prevention
- S-Block Elements and Principles of Metallurgy – Alkali metals, Alkaline earth metals, Principles of metallurgy
- Solutions – Types of solutions, Colligative properties
- States of Matter – Gaseous state, Liquid state, Solid state
- Stereochemistry – Stereoisomerism
- Surface Chemistry – Adsorption, Colloids
- Thermodynamics – System and surrounding, First law of thermodynamics, Second law of thermodynamics
KEAM Syllabus 2019 for Mathematics
Statistics and probability
Trigonometric functions and Inverse Trigonometric functions
KEAM Exam Pattern 2019
The candidates going to take up the KEAM exam in 2019 will have to follow the exam pattern set by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE). Exam pattern for KEAM 2019 exam has not been announced yet, however, based on last year’s exam details, the following exam pattern is expected to be followed by each candidate during KEAM 2019 exam.
- Mode of Examination: KEAM 2019 exam will be conducted in offline mode
- Duration of Exam: Total duration of exam will be 2 hours and 30 Minutes
- Total Marks: Total marks in KEAM 2019 exam would be 480
- Type of Questions: Objective type (Multiple Choice Questions) will be asked in the entrance test
- Papers: KEAM exam will have total 2 papers: Paper 1 (Physics & Chemistry) & Paper 2 (Mathematics)
- Marking Scheme: Each Correct answer will carry 4 marks while for each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- Paper wise marks distribution:
- Paper 1: Physics & Chemistry will contain 120 questions with a duration of 90 minutes.
- Paper 2: Mathematics will contain 120 questions with a duration of 90 minutes.
- The total number of questions will be 240 and the 5 hours will be allotted for the KEAM 2019.
In a case of any query regarding KEAM Syllabus 2019, you can ask your query to us in the comment section below.