KEAM Eligibility Criteria 2019- KEAM (Kerala Engineering, Architecture & Management) is an entrance exam conducted by the Kerala government for providing candidates with admission into many under graduate courses in various government and private colleges in the state of Kerala. The KEAM is administered by the CEE or the Commissioner of Entrance Exam of the Kerala Government. It is a state level entrance exam that is conducted by the Kerala government once in a year to provide students with admission in various courses in the field of Engineering, Architecture and Management. The next KEAM entrance tests would be taken in the 2019. The KEAM considers the NEET UG marks of a candidate to either select or reject him as a student. The following are the courses which candidates can pursue on the basis of their performance in the NEET Under Graduate performance.
This article is written with aim to provide all the candidates who are willing to give the KEAM entrance exam in the year of 2019 with all the required information related to the KEAM Eligibility Criteria 2019. All the candidates are requested to read the below mentioned KEAM Eligibility Criteria 2019 to find out whether they are eligible to give the KEAM 2019.
KEAM Eligibility Criteria 2019
The following mentioned KEAM Eligibility Criteria 2019 must be satisfied by the candidate for being able to give KEAM 2019:
It is mandatory for the candidate to be either an Indian Citizen, OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) or a PIO (Person of Indian Origin) for being eligible for giving the KEAM entrance exam. OCI and PIOs candidates would not be given any seat reservation.
The KEAM Eligibility Criteria 2019 requires that the candidate should at least 17 years old as on or before the Month of December would be considered eligible for applying for the KEAM 2019 entrance exam.
There is no upper limit of age to apply for KEAM 2019.
The candidates who passed 10th and 12th from a recognized board such as CBSE and managed to secure more than 50% marks would be considered eligible for giving KEAM 2019. The candidate must have mathematics as one of his main subject for doing Architecture, engineering and biotechnology or biology courses. Apart from this the candidates needs to score at least 50% in aggregate in PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) for being considered eligible.
If a candidate wants to do any medical course for instance- MBBS and BDS, he or she must consider biotechnology as a subject.
Admission in engineering, Computer science or biotechnology can be considered rather than chemistry
Those candidates who want to do architecture course must have mathematics as a main subject in their 10+2.
The following is the detailed qualification according the courses provided by the KEAM 2019:
- For doing MBBS, BDS, BSMS, the Candidates who have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry & Biotechnology/Biology and secured more than 50% in Biology/Biotechnology separately and got more than 50% in PCM will be consider eligible.
- If a student wants to do BAMS/ BHMS courses, he/she should have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects from a recognized board with a minimum 50%.the candidate must get 50% marks in Biology separately, & get 50% marks in PCM group. The KEAM Eligibility Criteria 2019 would not consider Biotechnology as a subject for eligibility.
- If a candidate wants to BUMS course, he/she must have 12th passed or its equivalent course passed with PCM subjects securing more than 50% aggregate marks Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects, where he/she must get at least 50% mark in biology separately.
- For getting admission to B.Sc.(Hons) Forestry, B.Sc.(Hons.) Agri., BFSc courses, the candidate must have 12th from a recognized board either in Kerala or outside with 50% marks. He should secure 50% marks in biology separately and at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology group. Biotechnology won’t be valued as a subject for academic eligibility.
- For being able to do BVSc. & AH Course, Candidates must get at least 50% aggregate marks with subjects English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology for the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who have cleared BSc exam with Physics, Zoology, Chemistry, Biotechnology or Botany subjects, and any one or two of the fr5om the above as Subsidiaries and manged to get 50% marks with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects are eligible to pursue MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS and BSMS courses.
- Candidates WHO COMPLETED 12TH or equivalent from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and Biology separately & got 50 % marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology all put together would be considered eligible for doing B.Tech. (Dairy Technology).
- According to the KEAM Eligibility Criteria 2019, a candidate would be considered eligible to do B. Arch, if they would have done 10+2 from a recognized board with Mathematics as a main subject. The candidate also requires to pass 10+2 with at least 50% percent marks in MATHEMATICS.
- In order to do B.Pharm, a candidate requires to complete 12th or equivalent course from a recognized board either from Kerala or outside with a minimum of 50% marks in biology and mathematics subjects separately and must get at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics all together for being eligible.
KEAM Eligibility Criteria 2019 Category
All the candidates who would be categorized into two types on the basis of nativity categories are:
- Keralite: Candidates who were born and have their origin in Kerala, would be put into the Keralite group. Children of All India Service Officers who are not natives of Kerala, would also be considered Keralites but they won’t be provided the benefits of Communal, Special and Persons with Disabilities reservation.
- Non-Keralite Category I (NK I): A candidate would be considered non- Keralite of category I, if they don’t belong to Kerala but fulfill any one of the following criteria:
- If he/she has done his/her education from Kerala and his/her Non- Keralite parents have been government employees or have worked in Defense Services and were posted in the state of Kerala.
- Candidates who have done qualifying course in state Kerala and their parents have served or are serving in the Government of Kerala for at least two years.
- Candidates who have lived in the state of Kerala for at least 5 years within the period of last 12 years of the candidate’s study would be categorized as a Non- Keralite Category I.
- Those Candidates who don’t come from the state of Kerala but have complete their standard VIII to XII school education from Kerala would be considered Non- Keralite Category I.
- Non- Keralite Category I candidates will be considered against ‘State Merit’ seats for engineering courses. NK I candidates would not be considered eligible for Communal/ Special/ PWD reservation or any OTHER KIND of fee concession during the KEAM 2019 admission procedure.
Non-Keralite Category II (NK II):
The Candidates coming under Non- Keralite Category would be eligible for admission in B.Tech course under the government and management quota seats. The Non -Keralite Category II candidates would be offered seats in government-controlled, self-financing colleges and private self-financing engineering only when the Keralite and NK I candidates would not be present for admission. NK II Candidates would not be able to reap the benefits of Communal/ Special/ Persons with Disabilities reservation or any type of fee concession.
There would be a 5% relaxation of marks for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Other Backward Classes (OBC). THEREFORE, the candidates belonging to the SC, ST AND OBC category require 45% marks to be eligible to give KEAM 2019.