KCET Application Form 2019- Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) for providing the candidates who are searching for admissions in various undergraduate as well as Technical and Engineering courses in the state of Karnataka. The exam is organized in offline mode, i.e., the candidates need to use blue or black point pen for answering the questions. As per the legit brochure of KCET, the purpose of the exam is to determine the merit and eligibility for providing admission of candidates in Karnataka. The candidates can use the correction facility after submitting the KCET Application Form 2019. The candidates need to log-in using their user-id and password. The candidates need to check the eligibility criteria of the students aiming to get admission in Karnataka. The ward/s of Jammu and Kashmiri migrants to the first semester of the full time courses for seats of Government share in the courses like Architecture, Medical, Homoeopathy, Dental, Ayurveda, Technology, Unani, Naturopathy & Yoga, Engineering, Farm Science courses i.e. BSc (Agriculture), BSc (Sericulture), BSc (Horticulture), BSc (Agri Marketing & Co-Op), BTech (Agri Engg), BSc (Forestry), BSc Agri Bio Tech, BHSc (Home Science), BTech (Food Technology), BTech (Dairy Tech), BPharma, BFSc (Fisheries), BTech (Food Science &Tech), Pharma-D and 2nd year B.Pharma Lateral Entry course, in Government / University / Private Aided/ Private Un-Aided Professional Educational Institutions in the State of Karnataka.
KCET Exam 2019 Details
The details of the KCET Exam 2019 are listed below:
|Exam name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET)|
|Commonly known as||KCET|
|Exam Type||State Level|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)|
|Exam frequency||Once in a year|
Important dates for KCET Application Form 2019
The important dates that candidates should keep in mind are given in the table below:
|KCET Application Form Accessibility||1st week of Feb 2019|
|Extended dates of KCET 2019 application form||3rd week of March (5:30pm) 2019|
|Extended dates of KCET 2019 application fee payment||3rd week of March 2019 (till 5:30)|
|Correction of KCET Application Form 2019||Last week of March, 2019|
|KCET Exam 2019||3rd week of April, 2019|
KCET Application Form 2019 Requirements
- Valid Mobile Number
- Valid email ID
- Aadhaar Card details (Optional)
- Latest scanned photograph of the candidate
- Scanned or digital images of signature of the candidate
- Scanned or digital image of left-hand thumb impression of the candidate.
- Scanned image of the signature/left thumb impression of guardian.
Instructions for filling the Application Form
- The application form is filled through online mode.
- Applicants can fill the application form from 1st week of February 2019.
- The last date to fill the application form could be last week of March 2019.
- Applicants should fill the required details and upload the scanned pics of photo, signature and thumb affect in prescribed layout.
- Applicants are advised to preserve the printout of the application form until the admission method is completed.
Web Browsers to be used while filling KCET Application Form 2019
The following browsers are advised to use by the candidates to avoid any problems related to disfunction or any sort of technical glitches in the browser during the completion of KCET Application Form 2019.
- Google Chrome 4.0 and above
- Internet explorer 11.0 and above.
- Mozilla Firefox 4.0 and above
KCET Application Form 2019 will end in last week of March. The brief steps to fill the application form are mentioned below. All the steps must be successfully completed to submit the KCET Application Form 2019.
- Login & Filling the Application Form
- Filling up the Qualifying Exam Information
- Filling up the Contact Details
- Filling up the Study Details
- Uploading Photograph & Signature
- Application Fee Payment
- Application Submission and Print Out
How to fill the KCET Application Form 2019?
There are three procedures or steps for filling KCET Application Form 2019:
- Fee Payment
- Application Form Print out
The candidates need to register and complete the registration while applying for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test. Candidates need to click on ‘New User’ and ‘Click Here to Register’. The instructions which will be displayed on the screen need to be read carefully and proceed by clicking ‘Proceed to apply online’. After that, the nationality and the school board details need to be entered (Applicants must be a citizen of India and ought to have taken Karnataka second PUC Annual Examination). The 13 digits Student Number PUE Department need to be entered. Click the ‘Submit’ Button after the student number is entered.
The following information then need to be filled by the candidates for registration:
- Name of the Candidate
- Name of the Father
- Name of the Mother
- Date of Birth
- Contact Mobile Number
- Email ID
- User ID
- Re-enter Password
- Secret Question (A question has to be selected)
- Answer to the Secret Question
- Security Code
An application number and User ID will be sent to the candidates registered mobile numbers and email-ids on successful registration which will also be displayed on the screen of computer.
Login & Fill the KCET Application Form 2019:
Candidates need to visit the login page of KCET. The application number and password will be needed for logging in which might take them to the following step of filling all required information to fill the application form of KCET. The candidates will be directed to ‘Student Information’ page where they need to enter the following information in the appropriate box:
- Mother Tongue
- Annual Income of the Family (₹)
- Reservation Category
- Name of the Caste
- Caste/Category (if applicable)
- Income Certificate Number (if applicable)
- Caste List of OBC/SC/ST Category (if applicable)
- Eligibility Clause Code
- Exam Centre of KCET
Filling up the Qualifying Exam Information in KCET Application Form 2019:
- Qualifying Examination
- University/Board Name
- School Name (if Karnataka CBSE/CISCE)
- PUC Student Number (if applicable)
- Year of Passing (if applicable)
- Total Number of Completed Years of Study in Karnataka (From 1st to 12th standard)
- Whether studied in Rural Area of Karnataka from 1st to 10th standard?
- Whether studied in Kannada Medium from 1st to 10th standard?
- Eligibility to Claim Reservation or not.
Filling up the Contact Details in KCET Application Form 2019
- Name of District
- Pin Code
- Phone Number
- Have studied 10th standard in Karnataka or not?
- State where appeared for 12th standard examination
- District where the applicant appeared for 12th standard exam (if Karnataka)
- Native State
- Native District (if Karnataka)
- Whether or not the applicant is the heir of Jammu and Kashmir migrant.
- Whether claiming for reservation?
Filling up the Study Details in KCET Application Form 2019
- Name of school/college attended
- Classes Studied in that Particular School
- From Year of Study to Year of Study
- Year of Passing
Candidates will have the accessibility to alter/ modify the details which were entered. The candidates need to click ‘Save and Next’ button once updating the information is over.
Uploading Photograph & Signature
The candidates are directed to the page of uploading the photograph, signature and left thumb impression after clicking ‘Save and Next’. The scanned or digital copy of parent’s/guardian’s signature or left thumb impression also need to be uploaded. The specifications of the documents to be uploaded is mentioned below:
Instructions about Photograph and Signature
- The format of all the candidate’s photographs and scanned or digital copy should be in jpg/jpeg only. Any other formatted image will not be accepted.
- The candidates photograph should be colored image with white background.
- The signature should be done with blue or black point pen.
- The thumb impressions should also be done with blue or black ink.
- The signature should not be in Capital letters.
- Thumb impressions should not be messy.
The dimensions, size and format of the images to be uploaded are given below in the table.
*Colored Photo (white background)
*Photos from mobile is also allowed.
|3.5 cm x4.5 cm||5 KB to 40 KB||jpg/jpeg|
*Black or Blue ink
|3.5 cm x4.5 cm||5 KB to 40 KB||jpg/jpeg|
|Left thumb impression of
Left Thumb impression/Signature of
|3.5 cm x4.5 cm||5 KB to 40 KB||jpg/jpeg|
KCET Application Form Fee 2019
The KCET Application Form 2019 will have both the modes for payment of fees i.e., online and offline.
The payment of fee in offline mode can be done through E-challan. The bank challan needs to be downloaded by the candidates after selecting their bank. The application fee needs to be paid at State Bank of India or ICICI Bank.
The payment of KCET Application Form 2019 fee in online mode can be paid via net banking/credit card/ debit card.
The fee details are enlisted below:
|Category||Application fee||Bank Charges||Post Office Charges|
|General / OBC||₹ 600||₹ 10||₹ 12|
|SC / ST||₹ 500||₹ 10||₹ 12|
|Outside Karnataka Students||₹ 750||₹ 10||₹ 12|
Submission and Printout of KCET Application Form 2019
Here it is the final stage of the application form. The submission of the KCET Application Form 2019 and taking the print out of it is the last stage. After carefully checking and verifying the documents and also the completion of fee payment the candidates need to submit it online. The candidates need to attest the downloaded copy of the KCET Application Form 2019 by the Principal of the class 12th or PU of the institute/college/school studied or the candidate is presently studying or by any Gazetted Officer.
Important things to remember:
- The attested copy of the downloaded application form is mandatory.
- The candidate will lose their candidature if they fail to do the above.
- Candidates must keep 2-3 copies of the application form as the original attested application form along with other documents will be submitted during counselling for verification.
Procedures to Retrieve Password
If the candidate forgets the password, the candidates need to click ‘Forget Password’ link provided on the screen. Then click the provided link to create the new password. The following details need to be entered to create a new password:
- User ID
- KCET Application Number
- Secret Question
- Answer and enter the security code
- Click on Submit button
Create New Password:
After clicking the submit button, the candidate will be directed to a new window of ‘Create Password’
- Enter the User ID and the KCET 2019 application number
- Enter the new password
- Confirm new password
- Click on submit
The new password will be sent to candidate’s registered Mobile Number and Email ID
Correction Facility of KCET Application Form 2019
The registered candidates can modify/alter or change the information provided by them in KCET Application Form 2019 in last week of March. The registered candidates will avail the correction facility. Indeed, all information will not be available for correction.
KCET Application Form 2019 FAQs
1. How will be the KCET Application Form 2019 available?
Ans: The KCET Application Form 2019 will be available in online mode.
2. I filled a wrong information in KCET Application Form 2019. What should I do?
Ans: KEA will be opening the correction facility of KCET Application Form 2019 in the last week of March. The registered candidates will be able to update the submitted information through this facility.
3. How the payment of KCET Application Form 2019 fee is paid?
Ans: The payment can be done through online mode via net banking/credit card/ debit card and offline mode can be done through E-challan. The bank challan needs to be downloaded by the candidates after selecting their bank. The KCET Application Form 2019 fee need to be paid at State Bank of India or ICICI Bank.
4. I am unable to upload the pictures and documents?
Ans: The documents to be uploaded need to meet the required specifications which is mentioned by the official authorities.
5. Do I have to submit the application form of KCET 2019 in offline mode?
Ans: No. The KCET Application Form 2019 will not have to be submitted in offline mode. Nevertheless, the candidates will be advised to fulfil the requirement which is to attest the downloaded copy of the KCET Application Form 2019 by Principal of the class 12th or PU of the institute/college/school studied or the candidate is presently studying or by any Gazetted Officer.