Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2019- Karnataka PGCET is the entrance exam of the state of Karnataka and is conducted annually for giving admission to the candidates into various colleges and institutes which accept the Karnataka PGCET entrance exam marks. Karnataka PGCET is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). Masters of Business Administration, Masters of Computer Application, Master of Architecture, Masters of Technology, Master of Engineering are the main courses which will be offered by the Karnataka PGCET 2019. Candidates will be provided admission to various Government and Private Colleges in the state of Karnataka. Karnataka PGCET will start with the release of the Karnataka PGCET application form 2019 in the 3rd week of May, 2019. The result for the entrance exam will be declared in the 3rd week of August, 2019 and Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2019 will be held sometime in the 1st week of September, 2019. This article will provide the candidates with all the information they will require to prepare themselves for the counselling of the Karnataka PGCET 2019.
Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2019: Key Points
Candidates need to be present in person at the given date and time of Karnataka PGCET counselling 2019. The counselling for the Karnataka PGCET 2019 entrance exam will be started sometime in the 1st week of September, 2019. The counselling will be conducted personally for all the shortlisted candidates. All the candidates will require visiting the counselling venue on the issued date and time for attending the Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2019. Once the Karnataka PGCET result 2019 will be declared the merit list of the candidates will be prepared. All those candidates who will satisfy the cutoff criteria will then be called for the counselling according to their rank in the merit list. During the counselling, the verification of the documents of the candidates will be done.
Karnataka PGCET Counselling Call Letter 2019
All the short listed candidates will be called for the Karnataka PGCET counselling 2019 by sending them the call letters for the counselling. All the short listed candidates will be able to download their Karnataka PGCET admit card 2019 by following the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the official website of the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). Click on the “Login” button.
- All the candidates will then need to enter their login details (Application no/User Id and Date of Birth/Password) & then click on the “Login” button, in order to sign in to the official website of the KEA.
- After Login to their account in the KEA official webpage, all the short listed candidates will be able to access their Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2019 call letter.
- Once the candidates will access the Counselling call letter they will be required to take the printout of the Call letter and carry it to the counselling venue.
The candidates will be called for counselling round according to their rank in the Karnataka PGCET 2019 Merit list. Therefore, candidates who will get good ranks will be called before the candidates who will get lower rank in the exam. All the candidates, who will be on the top of the merit list, will have greater chances of getting admission to their opted course and colleges in the end of the Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2019. While counselling, original documents of the candidates will be checked for authenticity. If any document of the candidates will be found invalid then those candidates will not be given admission. All the candidates will then have to sit for the personal interview.
Procedure of Karnataka PGCET 2019 Counselling
The following is the process according to which the Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2019 will be held:
- After the declaration of the result the Merit list of the candidates will be prepared. Then, the cutoff of the Karnataka PGCET 2019 will also be decided. All the candidates who will get equal or more marks than the cutoff will be shortlisted for the
- All the short listed candidates will then be called for the counselling round by allotting them the counselling call letter.
- All the candidates will have to reach the counselling center on the given date and time which would be mentioned on the Counselling call letter which would be allotted to them.
- All the candidates must bring all the important documents to the counselling venue for verification. The KEA will then check all the original documents for authenticity. If the documents will not be valid then the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled, whereas if the documents of the candidates will be valid then the candidates will have to do the choice filling of the courses and colleges. The candidates will require to do the choice filling in the decreasing order. The candidates must fill the name of as many colleges and course as possible, in order to be able to get admission in one out of the all the colleges and courses that will be mentioned by them.
- Once the candidates will complete the choice filling process they will be allotted seats on the basis of their rank in the merit list of the Karnataka PGCET 2019 and their choice of colleges and courses.
Documents Required for Counselling
The following documents should be carried to the examination hall for verification:
- Admit Card
- Application Form Printout
- SSLC Mark sheet and certificate
- II PUC Marks sheet and Certificate
- Seven years of study in a school of Karnataka proof
- Qualifying exam Mark Sheet
- Caste Certificate
- Income certificate of the Parents
- 2 recent passport size Photograph
It is all about counselling of Karnataka PGCET 2019. Share your comments in the below box to resolve your queries.