JoSAA Counselling 2019 will be conducted by Joint Seat Allocation Authority twice in a year. The schedule details will be given below in tabular form as released by the authority online. The counselling process will consist of various steps like online registration, choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment etc. The candidates need to go through the schedule properly before starting the stepwise procedure of counselling. The registration will be online in which the candidates need to fill the details properly and create their profile. The choices of course and college will be filled post registration. The candidates need to see the list sincerely before locking the choices. Once it is locked, the candidates cannot make changes in it. They are suggested to provide as many choices or preferences as they can to increase the probability. The seat allotment will be based on the ranking of the candidates and the choices given by them. The verification of documents will also be done at the designated centres and the applicants will have to produce both the original and photocopies of the listed documents.
This article is all about the details related to JoSAA Counselling 2019, important dates and events, key facts and important points to remember, the detailed process of JoSAA Counselling 2019, tie-breaking criteria, choice filling and locking details, seat allotment and much more.
Important Dates: JoSAA Counselling 2019 (January Session)
JoSAA counselling 2019 will be held twice a year as per the sessions. The tentative schedule is mentioned below in tabular form. The candidates must go through the same and learn about the events and dates related to the counselling of JoSAA 2019.
|Declaration of JEE Main rank 2019 by Joint Apex Board||March 2019|
|Declaration of JEE Advanced Results 2019||10th June 2019|
|Commencement of online registration and filling of choices||15th June 2019|
|Announcement of Mock Seat Allocation round one that depends on the choices filled-in by the applicants as on June 18, 2019||19th June 2019|
|Release of Mock Seat Allocation round two that depends on the choices filled-in by applicants as on June 23, 2019||24th June 2019|
|Online registration and Choice filling for academic programs under JoSAA ENDS||25th June 2019|
|Data Reconciliation, Seat Allocation, verification and validation||26th June 2019|
|Seat Allocation for Round one||27th June 2019|
|Document Verification and Seat acceptance by the candidates by reporting at the given centres (Round one)||28th June 2019 to 2nd July 2019|
|Declaration of seats occupied and availability status||3rd July 2019|
|Seat Allocation for Round Two|
|Document Verification and Acceptance or withdrawal of Seat by the candidates post reporting at the given venue (Round two)||4th July 2019 to 5th July 05 2019|
|Display of seats filled and their availability status||6th July 2019|
|Seat Allocation for Round Three|
|Document Verification and Acceptance or withdrawal of Seat by the applicants post reporting at the allotted centre||7th July to 8th July 2019|
|Declaration of seats filled and availability status||9th July 2019|
|Seat Allocation for Round Four|
|Document Verification and Acceptance or withdrawal of Seat by the candidates after reporting at the given centres||10th to 11th July 2019|
|Display of seats occupied and seat availability status||12th July 2019|
|Seat Allocation for Round five|
|Document Verification and Acceptance or withdrawal of Seat by the candidates after reporting at the given venue||13th to 14th July 2019|
|Declaration of filled seats and their availability status||15th July 2019|
|Seat Allocation for Round six|
|Document Verification and Acceptance or withdrawal of Seat after reporting at the given centres||16th to 17th July 2019|
|Release of seats filled and their availability status||18th July 2019|
|Seat Allocation for Round seven or Final Round|
|Document Verification and Acceptance of Seat post reporting at given centres||19th July 2019|
Procedure for JoSAA Counselling 2019
The step by step procedure for JoSAA counselling 2019 includes online registration, choice filling, choice locking and submission of fee. The details for the same are mentioned below:
- During the online registration process, the applicants need to tap on the tab for “Online Registering and Choice Filling” at the official web portal of JoSAA.
- The applicants need to mention their JEE Main 2019 Roll Number and Password to log in their account.
- They are supposed to fill enter the details carefully and then log out the session for security reasons.
- For security reasons, Logout the session and close all the windows related to your session.
- The candidates are suggested to change their passwords frequently as safety measures.
Changing the Password
- The applicants need to visit the profile that they have created during registration.
- They are supposed to tap the option of change password.
- The submit button will then be clicked.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to change the password after online registration for security reason.
Filling of Choices
- The candidates need to tap on the button “Choices Available” to see the given choices.
- The candidates who clear both JEE Main 2019 and JEE Advanced 2019, all the choices will be available.
- The applicants who qualify JEE Main 2019, the choices will be for the courses available in IIITs, NITs and Other-GFTIs.
- The applicants can see the choices streamwise or college wise.
Locking of Choices
- The candidates need to fill the maximum number of choices to enhance the probability of getting the preference.
- The applicants can change the order of preference by tapping on Choices InterChange and after that clicking on Lock Choice.
- To lock the preferences or choices, the candidates are supposed to tap I agree and sign the declaration to approve the same.
- It is mandatory for the applicants to take the hard copy of the final locked choices as it is required at the time of reporting.
- The seat allotment of JoSAA 2019 will depend upon the merit of the applicants.
- The preferences of the applicants at the time of choice filling and locking will also be considered during seat allotment.
- The candidates who will be given the seats are supposed to download allotment letter online.
- They need to take the print out of the letter and retain the same.
- The course fee must be submitted by the candidates post final seat allotment as a confirmation.
- After this, the applicants need to report at the given venue for the verification of documents.
- The candidates need to bring the set of photocopies and original documents during JoSAA Counselling 2019.
- Once the documents are checked by the authority officials, the applicants are supposed to report to the given college or institute to confirm their seat.
List of Necessary Documents for JoSAA Counselling 2019
The candidates need to carry the documents at the time of counselling. The documents must be in original and photocopies. They are supposed to visit the reporting centre for the purpose of document verification. The authority will keep the set of photocopies after verification and return the original ones. Go through the below-listed documents as specified by the authority.
Documents needed for NIT and GFTIs
- Mark sheet and certificate of Class XII
- Seat allotment letter (provisional)
- Undertaking given by the applicant
- Three latest passport size photographs that must be same as uploaded at the time of JEE Main registration.
- Fee payment post seat allotment as evidence of seat acceptance.
- Photo ID card (given by govt. agency or last attended school)
- Admit card of Class XII
- Admit card of JEE Main 2019
- Scorecard of JEE Main 2019
- Mark sheet of class X as the date of birth
- Mark sheet of Class XII or equivalent exam
- Medical certificate
- Category certificate (OBC-NCL/SC/ST), if required (as per format)
- PWD Certificate (if required)
- OCI certificate or PIO card (if applicable)
- Registration-cum-locked choices for seat allotment.
Documents needed for IIT
- Seat allotment letter (provisional)
- Class 12th performance sheet
- Undertaking given by the candidate
- Seat acceptance proof in the form of fee payment through net banking or debit or credit card or e challan by SBI
- One valid photo identity card [given by govt. agency or last attended school)
- Hall ticket of class 12th
- Admit card of JEE Advanced 2019
- Mark sheet of class 10th as Date of birth proof
- Passing certificate of class 12th (if available)
- Medical certificate
- Category certificate (SC, OBC-NCL, ST), if required
- Passport of the applicant and parents (in case of foreign nationals)
- PWD Certificate (if required)
- OCI certificate or PIO card, if required
- Print out of Registration-cum-locked choices in case of seat allotment
- DS certificate (if required)
- Two coloured passport size photographs as the one given during JEE Main or Advanced registration
Tie Breaking Criteria: JoSAA Counselling 2019
During the JoSAA counselling 2019, in case two or more than two students of the similar category possess equal rank and the number of seats is occupied, there is a clause for the seats being supernumerary. These students will be given the admission by increasing the number of seats for that particular rank.
Important Points: JoSAA Counselling 2019
- JoSAA Counselling will be commenced from 15th June 2019 after the result declaration.
- The applicants who have their names in the merit list will have to follow the stepwise procedure of counselling.
- The candidates are supposed to take part in the counselling process as per the schedule is given by the authority for every related event.
- The online registration will be mandatory and the candidates need to do the same and fill the choices.
- The verification of documents will be done by the authority officials and the candidates need to bring the original as well as the Xerox copies of the same.
- The choices filled by the candidates can be changed till they lock the same.
- The candidates need to understand the fact that the preferences of course and college must be selected and locked online.
- The seat allotment will be based on the merit list of the applicants, ranking, choices filled by them and availability of seats.
- The provisional allotment letter will be given to the candidate’s post seat allotment.
- The applicants need to carry the allotment letter at the time of reporting at the institute.
- The schedule of the events pertaining to counselling will be updated by the authority online.
- The merit list will be the major criteria for selection of the candidates and seat allotment.
- The applicants need to download the allotment letter online.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to report the institute allotted to them and pay the fee amount.
- The seat will only be considered as confirmed if the applicants pay the fee.
- The document verification will be done after the final seat allotment.
- The candidates need to visit the given college for other admission formalities.
This is all about JoSAA Counselling 2019. In case of any issue or doubt, the applicants can get in touch with us.