JKCET Counselling 2019 will be conducted by JKBOSE or Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations in the 3rd week of May 2019. JKCET 2019 exam is scheduled to be held on 21 April 2019 and result for the same is expected to out in the 2nd week of May 2019. Those who qualify this JKCET 2019 or Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test and successfully clear the JKCET Counselling 2019 round will get the admission in various engineering courses from the reputed government and private colleges in J & K state. After JKCET result 2019 declaration, the authority will give the ranking to the selected candidates and they need to take part in the JKCET Counselling 2019 and seat allotment process as per their ranking. The candidates are supposed to visit the counselling centre as mentioned by the board and verify the required documents. The preference form also needs to be filled by them online. The seat allotment will be made according to the ranking of the applicants and the choices are given by them. They need to deposit the counselling fee of Rs 1200/- before filling the preference form online. In this article, the applicants will get a detailed analysis of JKCET Counselling 2019, related dates and events, step by step process of counselling, necessary documents and some important points regarding the same.
Dates to Remember for JKCET Counselling 2019
The selected applicants who are ready to appear for JKCET Counselling will have to keep the track of the related events like preference form filling schedule, fee submission end date, reporting schedule and much more. The below table consists of the same:
|JKCET 2019 Exam Date||21 April 2019|
|JKCET Result 2019 Declaration||2nd Week of May 2019 (tentative)|
|Mock counselling round||The third week of May 2019 (tentative)|
|Online preference form filling||Third week of May to the first week of June 2019 (tentative)|
|Deadline for Fee Submission||The first week of June 2019 (tentative)|
|Verifying of preferences||June 2019 (tentative)|
|Reporting to the college||The first week of August 2019 (tentative)|
The process of JKCET Counselling 2019
There are various steps included in JKCET Counselling 2019 like document verification, filling if choices, fee submission, seat allotment and reporting. The applicants are advised to present at the centre with specified documents and get them verified before filling the preference form online. The applicants are also asked to submit the counselling fee of Rs 1200/- through online modes like the debit card, net banking or credit card. The authority will publish the list of seat allotment on its website after preference form filling. This list will contain the name of the applicant, ranking, roll number, course and college. The detailed process of JKCET Counselling can be apprehended from below given steps:
Verification of Documents
- The authority invites the candidates for verification of certain documents on the basis of their ranking.
- The applicants are supposed to carry the original and photocopies of the mentioned list of documents at the counselling venue for proper scrutiny and verification of the same.
- They need to visit the centre on the given schedule.
Filling of Preference Form & Fee Submission Online
- Once the verification of documents will be done, the applicants need to complete the online preference form filling procedure where they need to select the college and course of their choice.
- The applicants can also go for mock counselling process just to practice the process of preference form filling with correct choices.
- In the preference form, the applicants are supposed to mention their application number, roll number, date of birth, ranking, total marks etc.
- The process of filling the form will begin from the third week of May 2019 and will go till the first week of June 2019.
- Before submitting the reference form, the applicants are supposed to make the payment of Rs 1200/- as counselling fee.
- They can make use of their net banking, debit or credit card to pay the fee amount online.
- Once the fee will be deposited, the applicants can freeze their preferences online.
- Note that the applicants can edit or make changes in the preferences till the time they do not submit it. Once the preferences are locked, they won’t be able to modify the entries.
- The authority will intimate about the seat allotment via online mode.
- The list of shortlisted candidates with seat allotment will be declared by the authority online.
- The criteria of seat allotment will depend upon the score of the candidates, their ranking and preferences they have opted for.
- The applicants are advised to report to the given college on the specified date and time.
- During the admission time, the candidates will have to carry the required original documents as the senior authorities there will verify the same at their end.
- The authority will not accept any fake information or document. In case of any such probability, the management reserves the right to cancel the admission of the applicants at any stage.
Necessary Documents for JKCET Counselling 2019
It is compulsory for the applicants to carry some of the documents as specified by the authority at the time of counselling. The step of document verification is the foremost one and the candidates cannot skip it. The list of the documents that the candidates are supposed to bring is mentioned as under:
- State Subject Certificate
- Mark sheets of class 12th and 12th
- Passing Certificates of class 12th and 12th
- Birth Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Confirmation Page of the Application Form
- JKCET Admit Card 2019
- Resident Certificate (Permanent)
- Character Certificate
- Electronic Scorecard
- One valid photo id proof
Important Points: JKCET Counselling 2019
- JKCET counselling 2019 procedure involves the crucial steps of document verification, online preference form filling, fee submission etc that the candidates need to attend as per the given schedule.
- All the documents must be in original and self-attested photocopies as the authority will scrutinize the original ones and submit the copies.
- The fee submission should be done before filling the preferences online.
- No applicants will be allowed to skip any of the steps included in the counselling process.
- In case of any false or fake document or information given by the applicants, the authority has the right to cancel the admission at any point in time.
- The candidates are supposed to report to the allotted college as per the schedule is given by the authority.
- The college management authorities will also check the certificates and documents in original before giving admission.
This is the detailed information regarding JKCET counselling 2019. Hope the candidates get the clear idea of the steps covered in the counselling procedure like document verification, preference form filling, seat allotment, reporting etc. In case of any further doubt, do not get hesitated to get in touch with us.