JEE Main 2020– The online mode application process for JEE Main 2020 exam to be held in January month is going to end today that is on Thursday, 10 October 2019. Previously, NTA has extended the last date for filling the application form up to 10 October 2019. National Testing Agency has started the application process for JEE Main 2020 exam to be held in January month. Interested candidates need to fill up the application form from 3 to 10 October 2019. NTA has released the official brochure for JEE Main 2020 along with starting the application process on 3rd of September 2019. The conducting board has also made some changes in the exam pattern. Now, JEE Main will have a separate paper to offer admission to B.Planning program. Previously, the board had released the official statement on 20 August 2019 and according to that the online mode application process for the first session of JEE Main 2020 exam had to be started from 2 September 2019. Joint Entrance Examination Main, commonly popular as JEE Main, is a national level common entrance test to be conducted twice a year in online mode under control of National Testing Agency (NTA) to offer admission to the deserving candidates into UG level programs in the field of Engineering, Architecture and Planning offered by top government institutions such as IITs, IIITs, NITs, ISM Dhanbad and other participating institutions. The first session of JEE Main 2020 exam will be conducted from 6 to 11 January 2020 and the NTA will conduct JEE Main 2020 April session exam from 3 to 9 April 2020. The candidates who want to appear in the JEE Main 2020 January or April or both exams need to submit the online application form before the last date on the official website of NTA.
JEE Main 2020 is divided into 3 papers; paper A is for admission to BE/B. Tech program and paper B is for admission to B. Arch and paper C is for admission to B. Planning program. JEE Main is India’s largest and the most popular entrance test which is conducted twice in 2 sessions under the control of NTA. Every candidate can appear in both session of JEE Main and the higher marks secured in any of these 2 sessions will be considered during the counselling process. The candidates have now a good chance of getting admission into their desired institution through both JEE Main January and April exams. Based on the performance by the candidates in the 2 sessions of JEE Main 2020 exam, JEE Main All India Rank List will be prepared by the conducting body and the candidates who will clear the same will be offered admission through JEE Main counseling which will be conducted by JoSAA and CSAB. The candidates who are willing to appear in JEE Main 2020 exam must know the important details such as important dates, eligibility criteria, the application process, selection process, admit card, and more on this page.
Latest Update: The online mode application process for JEE Main January 2020 exam is started on 3 September 2019, go through the link below to fill the same:
NTA has released the official notification of JEE Main 2020 exam on 20 August 2019.
JEE Main 2020 Overview
|Name of Examination||Joint Entrance Examination Main|
|Commonly Popular As||JEE Main|
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test (CBT), Paper 2 is a drawing test and will be conducted in pen and paper-based test|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Examination Level||National Level Test|
|Total Marks in the Paper||360|
|Number of Attempts||Twice a year|
|Duration of Test||3 Hours|
|Purpose of Exam||Admissions into NITs, IIITs and CFTIs and Qualification for JEE Advanced|
|States that are part of the JEE Main 2020||Haryana, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and Nagaland|
|Name of states that also accept JEE Main score||Chandigarh, Rajasthan, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh|
|Number of Applicants Appear Every Year||Over 12 Lakh|
|Number of Test Centres||264 in India and 9 outside India|
|JEE Main 2020 Official Website||jeemain.nic.in|
Benefits of Conducting JEE Main 2020 Twice
Last year, National Testing Agency has decided to conduct JEE Main exam twice a year in 2 attempts from the year 2019 onwards. The JEE Main aspirants now have the following benefits of the new pattern:
- The candidates will have one more opportunity to improve their scores in JEE Main exam if they fail to give their best in the first attempt without wasting their whole academic year.
- In the first attempt of JEE Main, the candidates will get a first-hand experience of examination and will also know their mistakes which they think that need to improve while the second attempt of JEE Main exam.
- If any candidate will miss the first attempt of JEE Main 2020 exam due to reasons beyond control, then he/she will not have to wait for one full year.
- This will reduce the chances of dropping a year and droppers would not have to waste a full year to appear in JEE Main exam.
The candidate’s best of the two NTA scores will be used by the NTA while preparation of JEE Main 2020 Merit List/Ranking.
JEE Main 2020 Important Dates
NTA has announced the date of both sessions of JEE Main 2020 in the released official brochure. Therefore, we have provided the official dates of other events of JEE Main January and April 2020 exam. NTA has released JEE Main important dates along with starting the application process. Below is the table, we have provided the official dates for JEE Main 2020:
|Events||Dates for JEE Main January 2020||Dates for JEE Main April 2020|
|JEE Main notification release 2020||20 August 2019||20 August 2019|
|Availability of JEE Main Mock Test (Released)||1st week of September 2019||1st week of September 2019|
|JEE Main registration 2020 starts||3 September 2019||7 February 2020|
|JEE Main application 2020 last date||10 October 2019||1st week of March 2020|
|Last date to Pay the application fee||1 October 2019||1st week of March 2020|
|Correction in the submitted application form||2nd to 3rd week of October 2019||2nd week of March 2020|
|Date and shift announcement for paper A, B, & C||1st week of October 2019||To be announced soon|
|JEE Main 2020 Admit Card release||6 December 2019||16 March 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 exam||6 to 11 January 2020||3 to 9 April 2020|
|JEE Main answer key and OMR sheets release||3rd week of January 2020||2nd week of April 2020|
|Challenge JEE Main Answer Key 2020||3rd week of January 2020||To be announced|
|JEE Main Result 2020 declaration date||
31 January 2020
20 April 2019
JEE Main Exam Schedule for Paper A, B, & C
The date of JEE Main 2020 January & April session exams has been announced. Check the same below.
New Changes Introduced in JEE Main?
- From the year 2020 onward, JEE Main 2020 is now divided into 3 papers; paper A is for admission to BE/B. Tech program and paper B is for admission to B. Arch and paper C is for admission to B. Planning program.
- From the year 2019 onward, JEE Main exam is conducted twice under the control of National Testing Agency (NTA).
- JEE Main exam will be conducted in computer-based mode only; there would no offline exam, however, Paper 2 that is a drawing test will be conducted in pen and paper-based test.
- JEE Main 2020 exam would be conducted at total 234 exam centres around the world. 225 exam centres are in India and 9 centres would be in abroad.
- Top 2,24,000 candidates will be considered eligible for JEE Advanced.
- Diabetic students can take sugar tablets, fruits and the transparent bottle of water to the exam hall.
- JEE Main mock test will soon be released by NTA on the official website of JEE Main.
- A number of practice centres would be set up by NTA where students can prepare for JEE Main 2020 exam on every Saturday and Sunday.
- A candidate can take up both sessions of JEE Main Exam 2020 and better performance would be taken into account for admission.
- JEE Main exam syllabus, the language of paper, exam pattern (except mode of the exam), the application fee will be as same as last year’s.
Instructions for JEE Main 2020 Exam
The National Testing Agency (NTA) releases a public notice for the candidates who are going to appear in the JEE Main 2020. Last year, the NTA wished Good Luck to the aspirants by saying “We hope you are now fully prepared to appear for the JEE Main 2019 Examination on the date, shift, Course, and venue of Test Centre as indicated on your Admit Card downloaded from NTA’s website. We wish you the very best and Good Luck to you”. NTA has also warned the candidates not to do any unfair activity during the exam. NTA said “We wish to inform you that to ensure strict confidentiality, integrity, fairness, and smoothness in the examination, the following steps are required to be taken. No Candidate should adopt any unfair means, or indulge in any unfair examination practices as the examination centres are under surveillance of CCTV and equipped with Jammer”.
Click here to read the detailed public notice
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates willing to appear in JEE Main 2020 exam must fulfill the eligibility criteria as mentioned by the NTA. In order to be considered eligible for JEE Main 2020, the candidates will have to meet the criteria mentioned in the table below:
|JEE Main Eligibility Criteria||Details|
|Qualifying Exam||The candidates must be passed in class 12 or 10+2 or its equivalent exam from a recognized board or university. The candidates who are appearing in their qualifying exam in 2020 will also be eligible to apply for JEE Main 2020.|
|Minimum Required Marks in Qualifying Exam||NTA has not prescribed the minimum required marks in qualifying exam, it means the candidates passed in the qualifying exam with any number of marks will be considered eligible for JEE Main 2020.|
|Compulsory Subjects in Qualifying Exam||The candidates must be passed in the qualifying exam with the combination of subjects as given below: · Mathematics · Physics · Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational Subject · Language · Any other subject|
|Criteria for Admissions into IITs, IIITs, NITs, and CFTIs||The candidates seeking admission into IITs, IIITs, NITs, and CFTIs must have secured minimum 75% marks (65% for SC/ST category candidates) or should be in the top 20 percentile of their respective boards|
|Eligibility Criteria for Odisha, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, and Uttarakhand||As per the criteria set by these state boards|
|Number of Attempts||To be announced soon by NTA|
|Age Criteria||From the year 2019 onward, there would be no age bar to appear in the JEE Main exam. The candidates who have passed class 12 or its equivalent examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE Main 2020 Exam. The candidates must satisfy the eligibility of age limit requirements of the Institutes in which they are desirous to get admission.|
|Eligibility for 5 Years B. Arch Program||The candidates who are passed in class 12 or its equivalent exam in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2020 with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% aggregate marks in their qualifying exam will be considered eligible for admission to 5 Years B. Arch Program through JEE Main 2020.|
JEE Main 2020 Provisions for Persons with Disabilities
The examination conducting body that is NTA has determined a few provisions for the Persons with Disabilities which are prescribed below:
- The candidates with the disability should fill in the type and percentages of disability correctly in the online application form for JEE Main 2020.
- Only the visually challenged candidates, who have 40% or more disability, will be provided Scribe/Reader on the request of the candidate. PwD candidates will not be allowed to bring their own scribe in any circumstances.
- The PwD candidate will have to submit the request in writing to the Centre Superintendent for the same at least one week before the examination date.
- The Centre Superintendent will identify the scribe/ reader students who are appearing in class X. In case a request is received from the candidate, he/she would be allowed to meet the scribe a day before the examination to verify the suitability of the scribe.
- One hour compensatory (extra) time will also be allowed to the candidates with 40% or more disability irrespective of the fact that the candidate(s) is/are availing the facility of scribe/reader
JEE Main 2020 Application Form
JEE Main Application Form 2020 can be filled in online mode only. NTA has started the application process for the first phase of JEE Main 2020 on 3 September 2019. The candidates can fill out and submit the online application form of JEE Main April exam on the official website. The candidates will also be able to fill up the online application form of JEE Main 2020 on our separate page for JEE Main Application Form 2020. A link is posted there which will directly land the candidates on the official webpage of the application form. Before filling the JEE Main Application Form 2020, the candidates are required to be ready with Valid email id, a mobile number, Class 10 & 12 details, valid government identity number, scanned copy of required images and a PC with good internet speed. To fill JEE Main 2020 Online Application Form, the candidates will need to follow some certain steps which are mentioned below:
- STEP 1 – Registration Process: The candidates have to register themselves by providing the details asked in there. In order to complete the registration process, the candidates will also have to verify their Mobile Number & Email ID Verification.
- STEP 2 – Filling the Application Form: Now, the candidates will have to fill out the online application form of JEE Main 2020 by entering the personal, academic, communication details.
- STEP 3 – Uploading Required Images: The applicants have to now upload the scanned copy of required documents in the application form. The documents must be as per the format details furnished in the table below:
|Image||File Format||File Size||Dimensions|
|Photograph of the applicant with name and date on which the photograph was taken||JPEG/JPG||10 KB to 200 KB||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm|
|Applicant’s Signature||JPEG/JPG||4 KB to 30 KB||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
STEP 4 – Payment of Application Fee: The candidates have to now make payment of the application fee using the online or offline mode of making payment. The candidates who want to pay using online mode of payment can use Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card.
STEP 5 – Print out of Submitted Application Form: On successful payment of the application fee, the application form will be submitted. The candidates have to now take a print out of filled application form.
The application process for JEE (Main) January 2020 Registered Candidates
- Step-1: The candidates have to log in with the Application Number of the January 2020 examination and its created Password/date of birth. The details of the Candidates will come in the drop-down menu, as filled by the candidate during the January 2020 application process. Since these details are recorded in NTA scorecard of the January 2020 examination, any further correction cannot be allowed.
- Step-2: Complete the Application Form by filling your choice of course(s) (Paper-1 or Paper-2 or both), question paper medium, and choice of four centre cities.
- Step-3: Payment by Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking/e-Challan.
JEE Main 2020 Application Fee
The candidates should note that the JEE Main Application Fee 2020 for the examination center in India and outside of India will be different. The candidates will have to pay the fee as per the fee prescribed by the exam conducting authority. The candidates will have no option to fill and submit the application form through offline mode; however, the candidates will be able to pay the application form fee through online and offline mode. On completion of JEE Main 2020 Application Form steps, JEE Main 2020 Application Form will be considered as the submitted application form and the candidates will receive a confirmation message on their computer and also a mail regarding the same on their registered email ID. The candidates have to pay the application fee of JEE Main 2020 as per the fee detail prescribed in the table below:
|JEE Main Papers||Application Fee for General and OBC||Application Fee for SC/ST/PWD/Girls/Transgender|
|B.E./B.Tech & B. Arch
or B.E./B.Tech & B. Planning or B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch & B.Planning or B.Arch & B.Planning
Common Service Centres – NTA has opened 1.5 lakh common service centres to fill up the online application form of the candidates. The candidates can visit any of the 1 common service centres set up to fill the application form, upload documents, download admit card, pay the fees, and more at a nominal fee + GST.
Fees charged by the CSEs
|Services||Service Charges per transaction (GST applicable @ 18%)|
|Creating an Email ID, Filling and submission of the application form of JEE Main, Payment of a fee, Uploading of Scanned Images, Printout of the acknowledgment page||Rs 25/-+GST|
|Uploading of Scanned Images||Rs 10/-+GST|
|Application Fee through online mode of payment||Rs 0.5% of Fee +GST|
|Downloading of JEE Main Admit Card/ OMR Answer Sheet/Answer Key||Rs 10+GST|
|Filing objection to JEE Main Responses/ Answer Key||Rs 25+GST|
|Printout per page||Rs 5+GST|
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
The candidates who will successfully submit the JEE Main Application Form 2020 will only be able to download JEE Main Admit Card 2020 in online mode. JEE Main Admit Card 2020 for January exam will be released by the NTA on its official website 6 December 2019 and for JEE Main 2020 April exam will be made available on 16 March 2020. In order to get admission through JEE Main 2020, Admit Card is a very important document and the candidates must keep it safe. The candidates will have to bring JEE Main Admit Card 2020 in the examination hall on the day of JEE Main Exam 2020. JEE Main Admit Card 2020 carries some basic details of the candidates like the name of the candidate, slot of the exam, city name and address of examination center, date of examination, etc.
How to Download JEE Main 2020 Admit Card 2020?
The eligible candidates can download the JEE Main Admit Card 2020 by following the steps mentioned below:
- First, the candidates have to visit the official website of JEE Main directly or by clicking a link given on our page separate page for JEE Main Admit Card 2020.
- Now, the candidates have to log in using their application number and password which was created while filling the online application form.
- The candidates will be now able to download their JEE Main Admit Card 2020. The candidates are advised to take 2 copies of JEE Main Admit Card 2020 to be on the safe side.
- After downloading, the candidates are advised to check all details scribed on the JEE Main Admit Card and make sure if the details are correct or not.
Procedure to be followed during the conduct of Examination:
The candidates must bring a few required documents on the day of the examination centre. The candidates who will not bring the following documents will not be allowed to sit in the examination:
- The print copy of Admit Card downloaded from NTA’s website.
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded in the JEE Main 2020 online application form) should be taken for pasting on the specific space in the attendance sheet at Centre during JEE Main.
- Anyone of the authorized photo IDs– PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/Aadhaar Enrolment No/ Ration Card. The ID must be original, valid and non-expired.
- PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category
Points to be remembered
- The candidates must note that JEE Main 2020 admit card will not be sent through the post.
- The candidates whose submitted application form found to be incomplete for any reasons or who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria set by NTA will not be provided admit card for JEE Main 2020.
- The candidates are suggested to preserve their admit card in good condition for future reference.
- The duplicate Admit Card for JEE Main 2020 would not be issued at the Examination Centre in any circumstances.
- The candidate must not mutilate the Admit Card or change any entry made therein
JEE Main 2020 Mock Test
JEE Main 2020 examination conducting body NTA will soon release JEE Main Mock Test 2020 on the official website for the candidates preparing for JEE Main 2020 in the first week of September 2019. In order to ensure proper preparation of JEE Main 2020, the candidates must take up JEE Main Mock Test 2020. It is really very helpful for the candidates to know their weak and strong areas. With the help of JEE Main Mock Test 2020, the candidates can analyze and improve their performance and hope for the best result. The candidates can access JEE Main Mock Test 2020 easily by logging in on the official website. The candidates also access the admit card on our separate page for JEE Main Mock Test 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Practice Centre
From the year 2019 onward, JEE Main aspirants will have the facility to practice at the practice centre open by the NTA in numerous city of India. Practicing at the practice centre will give the candidates experience like the actual JEE Main test. It will also help the candidates to know their weak and strong areas and further, they can work on their weak areas. At JEE Main 2020 Practice Centre, the candidates will meet other aspirants. Practicing for JEE Main 2020 will also help the candidates to boost themselves to appear in the entrance exam with confidence. In order to register for JEE Main 2020 practice centre, the candidates will have to follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Firstly, the candidates have to visit the official website of NTA and have to select the option to register for JEE Main 2020 practice centre. Now, the candidates have to log in from their Google or Facebook account, their name will visible on the computer screen by default. Enter the date of birth, age, Father’s name, and gender. Upload both passport size photo and a photo ID proof.
- Step 2: The candidates have to provide their contact details such as the address, mobile number, residential address, city and pin code. Now, the candidates have to select the name of state and district from the dropdown list.
- Step 3: The applicants have to now enter the enrollment number and the name of the school or institute last attended or attending.
- Step 4: The applicants have to now select the name of the desired exam from the dropdown menu and also mention the number of attempts taken for that particular exam.
JEE Main 2020 Practice Centres Timings
|Monday to Friday||2:00 pm to 4:00 pm|
|Saturday, Sunday and Holidays||10 am to 4:00 pm|
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates going to appear in JEE Main Exam 2020 will have to follow the exam pattern for paper 1 & 2 as given in the table below.
|Mode of exam||Computer-based online mode, drawing test will be a paper-based test|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), and the numerical value questions|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for each correct answer, -1 for each wrong answer and 0 for un-attempted questions|
Paper 1: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics ·
|Total Marks||300 for Paper A, 400 for Paper B and 400 for Paper C|
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
The candidates preparing for JEE Main 2020 must follow the JEE Main syllabus as determined by the conducting body. NTA has notified that JEE Main syllabus 2020 will be the same as in the previous year. The candidates can click a link given for JEE Main syllabus 2020 which will give you a fair idea about JEE Main Syllabus 2020. Syllabus of JEE Main 2020 Paper 1 includes topics from Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry of class 11 & 12. The candidates should prepare for each topic of paper 1 and paper 2 from the prescribed syllabus.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Centres
The candidates desiring to get admission in top engineering institution anywhere in India through JEE Advanced 2020 will have to first appear in the JEE Main 2020 which is supposed to be conducted in the month of January and April 2020 in total 234 cities across the world. Out of 234, 225 cities are Indian cities and 9 cities are situated in foreign countries. Each candidate will have to select the exam centre from the list given in the dropdown menu. The candidates have to choose any four exam centers from the list given in our separate page for JEE Main Exam Centres 2020 according to their preference.
JEE Main 2020 Answer Key
After successful conduction of the first phase of JEE Main 2020 examinations, NTA will display the JEE Main Answer Keys & recorded responses of multiple-choice questions of Paper-1 and Paper-2 on its website in the 2nd week of January 2020. JEE Main 2020 answer key is prepared based on questions asked in the entrance test and their answer. The candidates who are not satisfied with the released answer key can challenge against it by filling the online application form and paying processing charges of Rs.1000 per question and the fee once paid is non-refundable. The candidates have to make payment of the fee-only through online mode of payment such as credit card, debit card, internet banking. NTA’s decision on the challenges shall be final and no further communication will be entertained. The candidates can challenge the answer key of the first session of JEE Main exam from 15 to 17 January 2020 (tentatively). Evaluation of multiple-choice questions of Paper-1 and Paper-2 will be carried out using final answer keys and the raw (actual) marks obtained by a candidate will be considered further for computation of the result of JEE Main 2020. As the official JEE Main answer key released, the candidates can check the same and also the unofficial answer key released by famous coaching institutes such as Resonance, Allen Kota, Career Point, FIITJEE and many more. To check the official and unofficial answer key of both session of JEE Main 2020 exam, click the link given below.
JEE Main 2020 Result
Result for both session of JEE Main 2020 for paper 1 & 2 exams will be declared by the NTA, the candidates who have appeared in the exam can check their scorecard by providing the required credential such as application number & date of birth. National Testing Agency (NTA) declares JEE Main Result on its official website. The candidates can check their results also on this page. For JEE Main January 2020 exam, the result will be made available from 31 January 2020 and for the April session exam, it will be declared 30 April 2020. NTA prepares JEE Main 2020 result on the basis of performance of the candidates in the entrance test. JEE Main Result 2020 will comprise all India rank, category rank, total marks obtained, qualifying status for JEE Advance 2020.
How to Check JEE Main Result 2020 and Rank List
The candidates can check their JEE Main Result 2020 along with the rank list by following the steps given below:
- First, the candidates have to click on the link given for checking the result of JEE Main 2020.
- Now, the candidates have to enter the required credential such as application number, date of birth and security pin.
- JEE Main result will now appear on the computer screen. The candidates have to check details prescribed over result card. The following details would be mentioned over the JEE Main 2020 result card:
- Candidate’s name
- Category and Nationality
- Marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM)
- Total marks obtained
- All India Rank (AIR)
- Category Rank
- Qualifying Status for JEE Advanced 2020
The candidates, who have scored required marks in JEE Main 2020, will qualify for JEE Advance 2020, such candidates will have to appear in the JEE Advanced 2020 according to the schedule. The candidates, who will not be qualified for JEE Advanced 2020, will be eligible to get admission in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, and JEE Main participating institutions.
JEE Main 2020 Cutoff
The candidates can check JEE Main Cutoff 2020 on the official website of National Testing Agency. Link for the same will be provided on our separate page for JEE Main Cutoff 2020 as well. JEE Main Cutoff 2020 shows the minimum marks required for JEE Advanced and admission in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, and JEE Main participating institutions. Till the JEE Main cutoff for 2020 admission gets declared, the candidates can see previous years’ cutoff trends.
Previous years’ JEE Main Cutoff
JEE Main 2020 Counselling
JEE Main Counselling 2020 would be conducted by Joint Admission Board (JAB) through Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) which is an official body for conducting JEE Main 2020 counselling and JEE Advanced 2020 counselling. The candidates, who will score minimum required marks in JEE Main 2020 and in JEE Advanced, will only be eligible to get admission through JoSAA counselling into the program offered by IITs, ISM Dhanbad, NITS, IIITs, IIEST Shibpur, and GFTIs. For the latest information on JoSAA Counseling, the candidates are advised to visit our separate page for JEE Main Counseling 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Participating Institutes
The following type of institutes will offer admission to b. tech program based on JEE Main 2020 score:
|Type of Institute||Number of Institutes||Total Number of Seats|
|Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs)||20||4683|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITss)||23||4023|
|National Institute of Technology (NITs)||31||17967|
JEE Main 2020 Reservation of Seats
NTA will follow the reservation norms as prescribed by the government of India. The following reservation criteria would be followed during admission through JEE Main 2020:
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) if they belong to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)||27%|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Persons with Disability (PWD)with 40% or more disability||3% horizontal|
JEE Main 2020 FAQ
- When will JEE Main 2020 application process start?
Ans. Official dates for events of JEE Main 2020 has been announced by NTA and the application form of January session exam is also started on 3 September 2019. As per the released dates, the online application process for JEE Main April 2020 exam will start from 7 February 2020 and will close by 7 March 2019.
- If I make any mistakes in my JEE Main Application Form 2020, will I be able to make a correction?
Ans. Yes, NTA provides the facility to make a correction in the submitted application form. JEE Main 2020 correction window is expected to remain open on the official website of NTA and the candidates will be able to make a correction in particulars like exam centers, mode of exam, and more.
- Is Aadhaar Card number compulsory for JEE Main 2020?
Ans. No, Aadhaar number is not mandatory in order to fill the JEE Main application form, it is only one of the types of identification.
- When will I be able to download JEE Main Admit Card 2020?
Ans. JEE Main January 2020 Admit Card will be made available from 6 December 2019. The admit card for JEE Main 2020 April exam will be released on 16 March 2020.
- Who will be conducting JEE Main Counseling 2020?
Ans. JEE Main Counseling 2020 will be conducted by Joint Admission Board (JAB) through Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) which is an official body for conducting JEE Main and JEE Advanced counseling.
JEE Main 2020 Contact Details
Department of Higher Education
Ministry of Human Resource Development
West Block – 1, Wing No- 6, 2nd Floor
R K Puram, New Delhi – 110016
Address for Correspondence:
Block C-20/1A/8, Sector 62
Gautam Budha Nagar- 201309 (UP)
Phone No & Email ID
Computer-Based Exam Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone No: 7042399521, 7042399520, 7042399525, 7042399526
If you have any query regarding JEE Main 2020, comment in the box given below.