JEE Advanced Seat Allotment 2020- JEE Advanced 2020 counselling and seat allotment process will be conducted by JoSAA. Joint Seat Allocation Authority will conduct the seat allotment process for JEE Advanced 2020 aspirants in the month of June 2020, tentatively. Aspirants who will qualify the JEE Advanced 2020 entrance exam, and will be satisfying all the eligibility conditions as per the exam conducting authority, will be then called for seat allotment and counselling process. JoSAA will conduct the JEE Advanced Seat Allotment 2020 in seven consecutive rounds. The process will include registration, counselling, choice filling, choice locking, and seat allotment, reporting to allotted colleges, and getting provisional admission steps. In order to appear for the seat allotment and counselling process, the candidates will be required to register themselves for the same. For this, they will need to provide their exam roll number, date of birth, registration number, and password. After registering themselves, the candidates will then get a chance to choose the preferred branch of engineering and college they want to get admissions in. on the basis of preferences made by candidates, they will be allotted seats. Candidates will be then required to pay the seat acceptance fee and report to the allotted college in order to acknowledge their admission. Read the complete article to get all insights regarding JEE Advanced Seat Allotment.
JEE Advanced Seat Allotment 2020
Step 1- Online Registration
- The registration for JEE Advanced Seat Allotment 2020 and the counselling process will begin in the month of June 2020, tentatively.
- In order to register for the seat allotment process, the candidates will need to enter the following details as mentioned in their JEE Advanced admit card 2020–
- Roll Number
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- The candidates will need to create a password in 8 to 15 characters and then confirm the password.
- All the candidates are advised to note down their registration number and the registration password created by them and the one generated by the system for future reference.
Step 2 – Online Choice Filling
- For filling the choices, the candidates will need to log in using their login credentials.
- After logging in the candidates will be able to fill in their preferences for colleges and courses they are willing to get admissions in.
- Till the final locking of the choices, the candidates will be able to make changes in their course and college preferences (JEE Advanced Participating Institutes 2020).
- Candidates are advised to select and lock as many choices as possible before the last date. The choices must be locked by the candidates before the last date of submission or else the choices made by them will be locked by default.
- On the basis of All India Ranks the JEE Advanced Seat Allotment 2020 and counselling process will take place.
- The candidates willing to get admissions under Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery Engineering and other related courses will need to fulfill the fitness and health parameters.
Step 3 – Online Seat Allotment and Reporting
- The candidates participating in the JEE Advanced Seat Allotment 2020 will be allotted seats after filling their choices online for admissions to various IITs.
- Candidates must know that the counseling and seat allotment process will be conducted by JoSAA for seven consecutive days.
- To check the seat allotted to them, the aspiring candidates will need to log in to the seat allotment portal through their login credentials.
- Due to up-gradation, seat allocation may change. Thus, candidates are advised to check the seat allotment result at the end of every seat allotment round.
- The candidates belonging to the reserved category will need to get a soft copy of their category certificate at the time of the online seat allotment process. Candidates failing to submit the certificates or in case found unacceptable the candidates will be considered under the general category, only if their scores in JEE Main 2020 paper 1 is above the marks declared in cut off.
- The candidates will need to pay seat acceptance fee in order to freeze the seat allotted to them, and in order to claim their seats they must report to the IIT allotted to them with all the prescribed documents.
JEE Advanced Seat Allotment 2020– Documents verification
During physical verification for taking provisional admissions, the candidates will need to produce the following documents for verification:-
- Seat Allotment letter from JoSAA portal
- Original copy of JEE Advanced Admit card
- JEE Advanced Application Form 2020
- Medical Examination Report
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Certificate of passing and mark sheet for Class 12thor SSC or any equivalent exam
- Category Certificate issued by the competent authority
- The foreign nationals candidates will need to provide the attested photocopy of the page in the passport consisting of their name, photo and their nationality
JEE Advanced Seat Allotment 2020– Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates willing to get admissions through JEE Advanced 2020 will need to secure an acceptable rank in the exam.
- The candidates must have passed their class 12thor equivalent board exam with a minimum aggregate of 75%. It is 65% for SC, ST and PwD candidates.
- Or, the candidates must be within category-wise top 20 percentile of qualifying candidates for admissions to IITs through the JEE Advanced score.
If you have any queries regarding JEE Advanced Seat Allotment 2020, feel free to comment below in the comment box.
All the best!!