JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2020– IIT Delhi has announced the date of conducting JEE Advanced 2020, the exam will be conducted on 17 May 2020. The JEE advanced is an entrance examination for getting admitted in the IITs, the NITs, and the CFTIs and that too all over India. Understanding the JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2020 is important. This is the only thing that allows any student to get through with the processing of their application without any obstacle. In any case, scenario if any of the eligibility criteria are assumed as “not met”, there are high chances of rejection of the application. Here you will learn all about the JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2020.
Eligibility Criteria of JEE Advanced 2020
Following are the various important JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2020 that the students must adhere under any condition:
The student must be an Indian citizen. Also, the OCI & PIO candidates will be eligible to apply for the examinations. This is a really necessary JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2020.
Number of Attempts:
Only if the students have not appeared for the examination for two consecutive years before, then they can apply for the same.
Age Limit: According to the JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2020, the students of the GENERAL Category must be born on or after 1st October 1995. While the SC/ST and PwD candidates will have a relaxation of 5 years that has to be born on and after 1st October 1990.
JEE Main 2020 Performance Eligibility
According to the JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2020, if you have not appeared for the JEE main 2020, then you will not be eligible for this examination at all. Only if you have appeared and has been selected amongst the top 2,50,000 that is in all the categories in the Paper-1 of JEE (Main) 2020 then only you are eligible for this examination.
Performance in Class 12th (or Equivalent):
According to the JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2020:
- You have to have appeared in the class 12th or equivalent exam in the year of 2019 or 2020 in all the subjects and that too for the first time.
- If you are a candidate whose Class XII (or equivalent) examination results for the academic year 2018-19 were declared after June 2019 then you are also eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2020.
- You will have to attain at least 75% aggregate (for general students) and 65% aggregate for (SC/ST and PwD candidates).
- You must be amongst the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective 12th or equivalent board exam.
- Only the following five subjects are to be taken into consideration when calculating the percentage:
- A Language
- Any subject (other than four above-mentioned subjects).
Earlier Admission at IITs:
If you are a student who is admitted the very first time to any of the preparatory course in any IITs in the year 2019 then you will be considered eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2020.
Eligibility of the deadlines:
This is an important JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2020. Make sure that you are maintaining the tentative deadlines of the admission in order to get through with the JEE advanced. They should follow and maintain all the dates in order to make sure that they are not lagging behind. Any mistake in any of the steps can lead to cancellation of their application in the between only.
This is all about the eligibility criteria of JEE Advanced 2020. Our experts are always at your disposal to solve your queries related to any aspect of JEE Main Exam 2020.