JEE Advanced 2019 – JEE Advanced 2019 on behalf of Joint Entrance Board (JAB), will be organized by one of the seven zonal coordinating IITs. The JEE Advanced exam will be conducted to offer admissions to the aspiring candidates in various IITs & ISM under various undergraduate and postgraduate courses from Engineering, Sciences, Architecture fields. The JEE Advanced 2019 exam will be a pylon for all the candidates aspiring to get admissions in the IITs and IIT (ISM) Dhanbad. Under the guidance of JAB and on the behalf of the Joint Entrance Board, one of the seven zonal coordinating IITs will organize the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced for 2019. Candidates must know that only those candidates will be considered eligible to appear in the JEE Advanced 2019 who have qualified the JEE Main 2019 with good scores. Candidates who would have qualified the JEE Main 2019 exam, will be eligible for admissions in 23 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) under various B.Tech programs through JEE Advanced 2019 exam. Top 2,24,000 candidates qualifying JEE Main 2019 exam will be considered eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced 2019 exam.
JEE Advanced 2019- Quick Review
|Name of the Exam||Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Advanced|
|Type of Exam||National level|
|Category of Exam||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Exam Conducting authority||One of the seven zonal coordinating IITs|
|Number of eligible candidates for JEE Advanced||2,24,000|
|Selection process for JEE Advanced||Admissions through JoSAA counseling (on the basis of JEE Advanced Ranks)|
|Mode of exam||Completely Online|
What are the changes made in JEE Advanced 2019 exam?
In 2018, few changes were made in the JEE Advanced exam. These changes are mentioned below:
- From 2018, the JEE Advanced exam will be completely online. In previous years, the JEE Advanced was conducted through pen and paper based mode. But from 2018, the exam has been completely made online, and will now be a computer based test.
- The horizontal reservation has been increased from 3% to 5% for candidates belonging to PwD category.
- To increase the presence of female candidates to 14% from 8% supernumerary seats will be created.
- The distribution of seats for candidates (category wise) has been changed.
- Top 2,24,000 candidates qualifying the JEE Main exam will be eligible to apply for the JEE Advanced exam.
- The JEE Advanced application fee may increase for candidates of all categories due to implication of GST.
- Earlier, candidates had a choice to choose three preferred exam centers, which have been now increased to five.
- In case of any malfunction in the system provided to the candidates during the exam, the systems will be changed immediately. The time of the candidate lost will be then adjusted in the server so that the candidate can get complete 3 hours for completing the exam.
JEE Advanced 2019- Important Dates
- All details regarding the JEE Advanced Application Form 2019 will be made available to all the candidates with the release of the official information brochure by the exam conducting body.
- Candidates will be able to access all the details regarding filling the application form in the official information brochure.
- Online registration for the JEE Advanced exam is expected to start in the month of May 2019, tentatively.
- Application forms will be made available for the aspiring candidates for about a week. No applications will be considered valid, if submitted after the last date.
- Candidates will need to fill all the required details along with their scanned images during the application process.
- Proof of date of birth (either 10th standard certificate, only if the date of birth is mentioned in it or birth certificate of the candidate)
- 12th standard or any equivalent examination certificate (for those candidates who appeared in 2018 board exams or whose board results were declared after June 2017)
- Gazette notification for the change of name, in case the name of a candidate is not same as in the class X certificate
- Certificate of proof of Category, for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL category
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- PIO card or OCI certificate (if applicable)
- In 155 cities across India and in 6 cities abroad, exam conducting authority will conduct the JEE Advanced 2019 exam.
- After the conduct of JEE Main 2019, JEE Advanced will be conducted in multiple exam centres.
- Into various zones, the JEE Advanced Exam Centres 2019 will be divided.
- Willing aspirants will need to select and fill any five exam centres as per their convenience and preference while filling the application form.
- Venue and centre code of the allotted exam centre will be mentioned on the admit card of the exam.
- Appeared in the JEE Main 2019 exam in order to be eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced 2019 exam.
- Top 2,24,000 candidates qualifying the JEE Main 2019 exam will be considered eligible for appearing in the JEE Advanced 2019 exam. In case of tied scores or ranks in a category, the number of candidates may slightly increase.
- The candidates who have appeared for 12th board exams either in 2018, or will be appearing in 2019 for the first time are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Candidates who appeared in 12th board exams in 2017 are also eligible to apply for the exam, if the board results of such candidates were declared after June 2017 for academic session of 2016-2017.
- Candidates who joined any of the IITs in 2018 for studying in any preparatory courses will be allowed to sit in the exam for 2019.
- The candidates who paid the seat acceptance fees in 2018 but couldn’t make it to the final round of the seat allotment for whatever reason, will also be considered eligible.
- The candidates who were admitted in any IIT but did not continued the program, or had accepted any IIT seat in the past, or such candidates whose admissions were cancelled after joining any IIT will not be considered eligible for JEE Advanced 2019 exam.
- All the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD category must have scored 65% marks in 10+2 or any equivalent exam. It is 75% for candidates belonging to other categories.
- In their particular 10+2 or equivalent examination, all the candidates must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of qualified candidates.
- The best of two percentage will be considered for those candidates who appeared in 12th boards or any equivalent exam in 2018 but reappeared in 2019 for the same.
- Physics will consist of the Electricity & Magnetism, General , Mechanics, Modern Physics, Optics, and Thermal Physics.
- Mathematics will consist of Algebra, Analytical Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Trigonometry, and Vectors.
- Chemistry will consist of Inorganic, Organic, and Physical Chemistry.
- The Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) will consist of Architectural awareness, Aesthetic sensitivity, freehand drawing, Geometrical Drawing, Imagination, and Three-dimensional perception.
- Primarily, a candidate must make a schedule for preparing for the exam and try to execute it on daily basis without any lazy breaks.
- Before starting the preparations, a candidate must be ready with all the preparation material.
- Be well known with the prescribed syllabus for the exam and plan your preparation schedule accordingly.
- Candidates must practice various mock tests in order to get well acquainted with the exam pattern and type of questions to be asked in the exam.
- Along with different preparation books, the candidates must also consider the NCERT books while preparing for the exam.
- Also try solving the previous year question papers to evaluate your preparation.
- Stay healthy to avoid any kind of lack in your preparations.
- The admit cards for JEE Advanced 2019 exam will be released 10-15 days prior the date of exam.
- JEE Advanced admit card 2019 will be released online by the official authorities on the official website.
- The admit cards for the exam will bear the photograph, signature, exam venue and date, and other important instructions regarding the exam.
- We would like to advise all the candidates to go through all the information provided on the admit card carefully before download.
- In case of any discrepancy or error in the information, the candidates must immediately contact the exam conducting authority.
- It is mandatory to carry the admit card on the day of exam, as no candidate will be allowed to sit in the exam without the presence of admit card.
- Candidates must also know that the exam conducting authority for JEE Advanced for the 2019 year will not send the admit cards for the exam via post or mail to any of the candidate.
- The admit cards will be only released online on the official website 10-15 days prior the exam.
- JEE Advanced result 2019 will be released by the exam conducting authority in the month of June 2019, tentatively.
- The results will be announced online on the official website. Along with the result, the exam conducting authority will also release the All India Ranks of the qualified candidates of all categories.
- The declaration of result will also be announced by the JEE Advanced exam 2019 conducting authority by sending text messages to the candidates on their registered mobile numbers.
- Candidates must know that the exam conducting authority will not send the rank cards individually to any candidate.
- The rank cards will be made available online to the candidates along with the result.
- JEE Advanced rank list 2019 will consist of final ranks the candidates who appeared in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 of JEE Advanced 2019 exam.
- The authorities will prepare the rank list considering the aggregate marks scored by the candidates in both Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Candidates applying for B.Arch programs must know that only IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee offers admissions in B.Arch programs through scores secured in JEE Advanced exam.
- The candidates qualifying in JEE Advance exam will be considered eligible for AAT 2019. Candidates willing to apply for AAT will need to register themselves online on the online portal of JEE Advance for AAT.
- The AAT 2019 exam will be conducted in online mode, and mode of language of the exam will be English.
- The exam conducting authority will not release any admit cards separately for AAT exam.
- The cut off for the exam will be released by the Joint Implementation Committee, as there is no ranking in this exam.
Since, the official dates for JEE Advanced exam has not yet been declared by the exam conducting authority for 2019. We have mentioned below the tabular representation of the tentative important dates for the same.
|JEE Advanced Events||JEE Advanced Dates 2019|
|Start of JEE Advanced online registration||1st week of May 2019|
|Closing of JEE Advanced registration||2nd week of May 2019|
|Release of JEE Advanced admit card||3rd week of May 2019|
|Date of JEE Advanced Exam||3rd week of May 2019|
|JEE Advanced Exam response sheet send to the candidates||4th week of May 2019|
|Release of JEE Advanced answer key||Last week of May 2019|
|Receiving of answer key objections||Last week of May 2019|
|Announcement of JEE Advanced result||2nd week of June 2019|
|AAT online registration start||2nd week of June 2019|
|AAT Exam date||2nd week of June 2019|
|AAT Result Declaration||3rd week of June 2019|
|Seat allotment start||3rd week of June 2019|
JEE Advanced Application Form 2019
Along with the application fee, the candidates will also need to submit few documents. Below, we have mentioned the application fees and documents required at the time of filling the form.
JEE Advanced Application Fees 2019
Candidates will be able to pay this non-refundable and non-transferrable fee through debit cards & net banking in online mode or through SBI Challan in offline mode.
|JEE Advanced Application Fees 2019 for Indian Centers|
|Category||All category Female Candidates||SC/ST/PwD||All Other Candidates|
|JEE Advanced Application Fees 2019||Rs. 1300 + GST||Rs. 1300 + GST||Rs. 2600 + GST|
|JEE Advanced Application Fees 2019 for Centers in Foreign countries|
|Category||JEE Advanced Application Fees 2019 for SAARC Countries||JEE Advanced Application Fees 2019 for Non-SAARC Countries|
|All Category Candidates||USD 160 + GST||USD 300 + GST|
Documents required to be submitted by candidates during JEE Advanced Application process:
JEE Advanced Exam Centres 2019
JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2019
We would like to advise all the aspiring candidates to go through the JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2019 before applying for the same. Candidates falling out of the eligibility criteria for the exam will not be considered for admissions and entrance exam process.
As per the eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced 2019 the candidates must have:
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2019
Candidates willing to appear for the JEE Advanced exam for 2018 must be aware about the JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2019 in order to avoid any sort of confusions at the time of exam. Below here we have provided the exam pattern for the exam. The exam pattern has not yet been release by the official authorities, in case of any change we will update it here.
|JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2019|
|Mode of the exam||Online|
|Papers||Paper 1 & Paper 2 (both are mandatory)|
|Duration of the exam||3 hours for each paper (extra time for candidates belonging to PwD category)|
|Type of Questions||Objective type questions|
|Mode of Language||English & Hindi|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Negative Marking||Different for both the papers|
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2019
We have described the syllabus for the JEE Advanced exam below here. All the candidates are advised to check the complete JEE Advanced Syllabus 2019 to be aware of all the topics and subjects that are to be covered during their preparations. The questions in the exam will be from Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
JEE Advanced Mock Test 2019
Since, from now onward the JEE Advanced exam will be conducted in completely online mode, candidates must practice as much online mock test as much they can. Being well practiced with JEE Advanced mock test 2019 will help the candidates to understand and get well acquainted with the structure and pattern of exam well. Aspirants will also get familiar with the type of questions to be asked in the exam, and how they are to be answered in online mode of conduct of exam.
JEE Advanced Preparation Tips 2019
Candidates appearing for JEE Advanced exam in 2019 would have already started their preparations. Here are few JEE Advanced Preparation Tips 2019 to motivate and boost your preparations.
JEE Advanced Admit Card 2019
JEE Advanced Answer Key 2019
The exam conducting authority of the exam will release the JEE Advanced Answer Key 2019 two to three days after the conduct of the JEE Advanced exam for 2019. The responses marked by the candidates in the exam will be sent by the exam conducting authority for JEE Advanced 2019 exam to the registered email ids of the candidates. The candidates can send their feedback on the answer key released by the authority if they wish to, through the candidate portal. The feedback can be send only before the last date prescribed by the authorities for the same.
JEE Advanced Result 2019
JEE Advanced Participating Institutes 2019
JEE Advanced 2019 qualifiers, on the basis of their scores and ranks secured in the exam will be eligible for admissions into various JEE Advanced Participating Institutes 2019. There are around 23 IITs and 9 other institutes taking scores of JEE Advanced to offer admissions to the aspiring candidates. Qualifying candidates will need to attend the counseling and seat allotment process at the institute.
JEE Advanced Rank List 2019
JEE Advanced Counseling 2019
The centralized counseling for JEE Advanced 2019 exam will be conducted by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA), after the declaration of the result for JEE Advanced 2019 exam. The process of JEE Advanced counseling 2019 will be conducted by the counseling authorities to offer admissions into the various IITs, NITs, ISM & other Government FITs. Candidates qualifying the JEE Advanced exam will be called for counseling and seat allotment process. The seats will be allotted on the basis of ranks secured by the candidates, and the category they belong to. Below here we are providing the criteria of JEE Advanced reservation of seats 2019.
|Category||JEE Advanced Reservation of Seats 2019|
JEE Advanced FAQs 2019
Ques. Do I need to appear in JEE Main 2019 exam to be eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced 2019 exam?
Ans. Yes, it is mandatory for every candidate to appear and qualify in the JEE Main 2019 exam in order to be eligible for JEE Advanced 2019 exam.
Ques. While filling the JEE Advanced application form 2019, can I mention a different category?
Ans. No, all the candidates will need to mention the same category as they mentioned in the JEE Main application form 2019. Mentioning different category in both the forms will lead to cancellation of the candidature.
Ques. Is application process for JEE Advanced 2019 exam offline? Do I need to send a hard copy for the same to the exam conducting authority?
Ans. The application process of JEE Advanced 2019 exam is online. The candidates need not to send any hard copies of the same.
Ques. How many times can I appear for the JEE Advanced exam?
Ans. A candidate is eligible for 2 attempts for the exam in two consecutive years.
Ques. Tell me JEE Advanced score card validity?
Ans. The JEE Advanced score card is valid for admissions in an academic year.
We hope that this article proved helpful for you. In case of any query related to the JEE Advanced 2019 exam feel free to ask us below in the comment box.