JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Day Guidelines- JEE Advanced 2019 exam will be conducted by any one of the seven zonal coordinating IITs, in the month of May 2019, tentatively. This toughest national level engineering entrance exam is conducted to offer admissions to the aspirants to various prestigious IITs. JEE Advanced 2019 exam will act as a pylon for those candidates who are being preparing for exam anxiously to get admissions under preferred course and college. There are certain guidelines described by the authorities to be followed by the candidates on the day of exam. In this article, we have compiled all the guidelines to be followed by JEE Advanced 2019 aspirants before and on the day of exam. Read the complete article to know what is to be done during the exam hours, what is to be carried on the exam day, what not to carry to the exam venue, and what is to be done before JEE Advanced 2019 exam. Read the complete article to know all the JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Day Guidelines.
JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Day Guidelines
Exam day guidelines for JEE Advanced 2019 exam will help the aspirants to get all the insights regarding how they should appear for the exam. Aspirants will develop an eye towards what is to be done on and before the exam day. JEE Advanced 2019 exam will be conducted by any one of the seven zonal coordinating IITs. In 2018, the exam was conducted by IIT Kanpur, and in 2017, the exam conducting body was IIT Madras. From 2018, MHRD has made the JEE Advanced exam completely online. Thus, the JEE Advanced 2019 exam will be a computer based test to be conducted in online mode. Only first 2,24,000 candidates qualifying the JEE Main 2019 exam will be considered eligible to sit in the JEE Advanced 2019 exam. JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Day Guidelines as mentioned below will help the candidates who will be appearing for the JEE Advanced exam for the first time. Go through the guidelines mentioned below thoroughly to know what is to be done on and before the exam day.
|Date of JEE Advanced 2019 exam (tentative)||Paper||JEE Advanced 2019 Timings|
|3rd week of May 2019||Paper 1||9:00 am to 12:00 pm|
|3rd week of May 2019||Paper -2||2:00 pm to 5:00 pm|
JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Day Guidelines – What to do on the day of exam?
Visit you examination center once before the day of exam:
- We advise candidates to visit their examination center a day prior the day of exam. This will help the candidates to know the exact location of their exam center and the chances of missing their way on the day of exam will become less.
Don’t rush, don’t be late:
- On the big day, don’t be late. As per the reporting time described by the authorities, the candidates will be required to report at the JEE Advanced exam center 2019 by 7:30 am. Candidates are advised to reach the exam centers allotted to them on time, so as to avoid any kind of rush on the day of exam.
- Before commencement of both JEE Advanced paper 1 and paper 2, frisking process and biometric verification process will take place. Reaching before the time will help candidates to go through frisking and verification easily and calm mindedly. After frisking and biometric verification process, candidates will be required to take their seats in the examination hall by 12:45 pm for Paper 2 and 7:30 am for Paper 1.
- Don’t let your anxiety and stress over power you. There are some formalities during the exam which are expected to be done calmly by both the authorities and the candidates appearing for exam. Cooperate during the frisking and biometric verification process. Creating nuisance or uncooperative behavior may lead to dismissal of candidates from the exam centers by the authorities.
Follow the instructions:
- Listen and follow carefully to the instructions given by invigilator to you regarding the exam and kind of behaviors expected by each candidate during the exam in the examination hall.
Login carefully to the system assigned to you:
- From 2018, the exam has been changed from pen and paper based exam to computer based test. The exam will be conducted in completely online mode, thus every candidate appearing for the exam will be assigned with a computer system. Aspirants will need to log in to the systems allotted to them using their exam roll number (user ID) and date of birth (password). Also go through the instructions thoroughly before the start of exam.
Handing over the admit card to the invigilator:
- Candidates will need to hand over their downloaded JEE Advanced admit card 2019 to the invigilator for identity verification. After the verification is done, the authorities will provide the original admit card to the candidates. JEE Advanced aspirants must keep the original admit card safe with themselves until the end of admission process.
- Candidates are informed that the same finger print they will provide during the exam will be then used again during the JEE Advanced counseling 2019. As an important exam procedure, the aspirants will be required to give print of their index finger. Thus, candidates must keep their hands clean and oil free.
Rough it on Scribble:
- Authorities will provide a scribble pad to the candidates for rough work during the exam. It must be noted that scribble pad will be for only rough work purpose and nothing on it will be considered during evaluation of marks. Invigilators will take back the scribble pads from candidates after the completion of exam.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall before the completion time. After 12 pm for paper 1 and 5 pm for paper 2, candidates will be allowed to leave the examination hall even if they’ve completed their exam before time.
Appear for both the papers:
- It is mandatory to appear for both JEE Advanced paper 1 and paper 2. If a candidate has appeared for paper 1, it is mandatory for him to appear in paper 2, or else he will be marked absent. Answer sheets of such candidates will not be evaluated. Exam conducting authority will only evaluate the ORS answer sheets of candidates who will appear for both paper 1 and paper 2.
No extra time:
- Only those candidates will be provided grace time during exam, who will be using scribe. Candidates are informed that aspirants using scribe during the exam will be allowed to meet their scribe only a day prior the exam. Exam ending time will be 1 pm (paper 1) and 6 pm (paper 2) for such candidates.
- Candidature will be cancelled of the candidates who will get caught cheating or using unfair means during the exam.
JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Day Guidelines – Things to carry and not to carry on the day of exam
|Things to carry on the day of exam|
|* Original Photo Identity Card (Aadhaar Card, School ID, Driving License, Passport or PAN Card)
* Black ball point pen with transparent body
* Printed copy of the downloaded admit card
* Simple Analog Watch is allowed
|Things not to carry on the day of exam|
* Clothes with big buttons and full sleeves
* Electronic devices (mobile phones, Bluetooth devices, earphones, microphones, pager, health band, smart phones, pen drives, electronic pen, calculators, IPAD, tabs, health band, digital/ smart/ programmable watches or any other electronic gadgets etc)
* Geometry box or pouch or scale or pencil-box
* Log books or table
* Jewellery (Rings, bracelet, earrings, pendants, charms, nose pin, chain/ necklace, badge, brooch, hair band, hair pin)
* No Veil or charm
* Printed, blank, hand written or white paper or piece of paper or writing pad
* Shoes, closed sandals (It is advisable to wear open footwear)
* Slide rule
* Study material of any type
* Wallet or handbag or goggles
JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Day Guidelines – Things to do before JEE Advanced 2019 exam
- Prepare well for the exam. Make sure that you will be appearing for exam well prepared and stress free. Less preparation often make us stressful and panic which leads to worse performance during the exam. Be well prepared and confident on the day of exam. (JEE Advanced 2019 preparation tips)
- Sleep well before the exam. Make sure that you take proper sleep during your preparation days and day before the exam. Insomnia may lead to sleepy head during the exam hours, and will make you lazy.
- Be cool, calm, an anxiety free. Being stressful and anxious doesn’t less us perform and give our 100% in the exam. Try being calm to perform well in the exam.
- Stay away from junk food. Junk food during preparation days and on or before the exam day may hamper your health which is completely unaffordable.
We hope that these exam day guidelines would prove to be helpful for all the JEE Advanced 2019 aspirants. For any query regarding JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Day Guidelines, comment us below in the comment box.
All the best!!