JAC Delhi Eligibility Criteria 2019

10 Jul, 2018

JAC Delhi Eligibility Criteria 2019- JAC stands for the Joint Admission Counselling which is a counselling procedure conducted for providing admission to various Engineering Colleges and Institutes in the city of Delhi.  The JAC Delhi has 4 participating institutes which are- Institute of Information Technology Delhi, Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Indraprastha and the Delhi Technological University. The courses which would be provided by the JAC Delhi are Bachelor of Technology, Bachelor of Engineering and the Bachelor of Architecture. The Joint Admission Counselling (JAC) Delhi is conducted by the NCT, Delhi Government. The JAC Delhi 2019 is scheduled to be held in the month of June 2019. The JAC Delhi admission procedure starts with the online registration and the choice filling of the course and the colleges in between the 2nd week of June 2019 and would end sometime in the 3rd week of June 2019. After the candidates will get registered, all the candidates will be called for the Counselling Rounds according to the Merit List. The 1st round of Counselling is tentatively scheduled to be organized in the 4th week of June 2019.  The 2nd round of the counselling will be conducted in the 1st week of July 2019 and the third round of the counselling will be held in the 2nd week of July 2019. There will be a total of 6 rounds of counselling. All the round of the counselling will get completed by the 3rd week of July 2019. This article will provide all the necessary details regarding the JAC Delhi Eligibility Criteria 2019. This article will provide all the information regarding the eligibility criteria of the JAC Delhi 2019 and will give all the details related to the Reservation criteria for the reserved group of candidates.

Scholarship

JAC Delhi Eligibility Criteria 2019

All the candidates who are willing to apply for the JAC Delhi 2019 must meet the following criteria for being considered for admission, by the JAC Delhi 2019 conducting body.

  • All the candidates, who are 10+2 passed from CBSE or any other recognized board, are eligible to apply for the JAC Delhi. Apart from this, the candidates who got compartment in the 10+2 qualifying exam will not be considered eligible for the JAC Delhi.
  • Subject

    Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their subjects for being eligible. The candidates must pass each of the subjects separately.

    • Per cent

    All the candidates must pass with at least 60% aggregate marks from a school or institute located within the National Capital Territories of Delhi state.

    • Candidates applying for admission in IIIT Delhi must obtain at least 80 per cent marks in the 10+2 qualifying exam.
    • Age
    • Candidates who are applying for the DTU must be at the minimum 17 years old as on the 1st October 2019. Whereas, candidates applying for IIIT-D are required to be at minimum 25 years old as on the date of 1st October 2018.
    • Candidates who want to pursue NSIT and IGDTUW have no set Age limit. Therefore, candidates of any age can apply to these colleges/Institutes.

    JAC Delhi Reservation Criteria 2019

    It is important for us to know about the reservation criteria made for the candidates for getting a proper idea about the JAC Delhi Eligibility Criteria 2019. The following are the details related to the reservation criteria of the JAC Delhi:

    Caste Category Percentage
    Scheduled Caste (SC) 15 %
    Scheduled Tribe (ST) 7.5 %
    Other Backward Class (OBC- NCL) 27%

    There would be around 15 per cent reservation for the Scheduled Caste (SC) candidates. There will be 7.5 per cent reservation made for the Scheduled Tribe candidates and other backward classes (OBC-NCL) will have a reservation of around 27%. Apart from all these reservations, each institute will have some reservation made for the Defense category candidates and a person with disabilities.

    Out of the total seats, 85 per cent of the seats will be reserved for the candidates who have studied and passed the 10+2 qualifying exam from recognized board located in the National Capital Territory of the Delhi. The rest 15 per cent seats will be reserved for candidates who form another city of India.

    We hope that this article was helpful in providing all the information needed by the candidates for the JAC Delhi Eligibility Criteria 2019.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here