JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2019 is being conducted by JAC or Joint Admission Committee and the selected candidates have to participate in it to get admission in B. Tech and B. Arch courses from various reputed technical institutes or universities in Chandigarh. The process of JAC Chandigarh Counselling has been started from 1 July 2019. The registration process for JAC Counselling 2019 has already been closed on 22 June 2019. The JAC Chandigarh admission 2019 of the applicants will depend upon the score attained by them in JEE main 2019. AT the time of JAC Chandigarh Counselling online registration process, the applicants need to provide their choices of courses. The authority will consider them while allotting the seats to the candidates. There will be total of three rounds of JAC Chandigarh Counselling and the candidates will be given spot round for any vacant seat. The steps of registration, filling of preferences and freezing the same and seat allotment will be included in JAC Chandigarh Counselling process. This article is all about the JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2019, related events and their tentative schedule, various counselling rounds, steps involved during the complete procedure of counselling and much more.
Latest Update: The examination conducting body has started the counselling process from 1 July 2019, click the link given below for choice filling.
JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2019: Participating Institutes
- S.S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology (SSBUICET Chandigarh)
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET Chandigarh)
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET Hoshiarpur)
- PEC University of Technology (PEC Chandigarh)
- Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology (CCET Chandigarh)
- Chandigarh College of Architecture (CCA)
JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2019: Important Dates
The important events and dates pertaining to JAC Chandigarh Counselling are mentioned below in the tabular form. The candidates who have qualified JEE Main 2019 exam and are ready to take part in the counselling rounds of JAC Chandigarh are supposed to go through the table below where the schedule of all the counselling rounds is mentioned:
|First round of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2019|
|Release of final list of the applicants eligible to fill the preferences||30 June 2019|
|Filling of choices||1 to 4 July 2019|
|Mock counselling result||3 July 2019|
|Freezing of preferences by the applicants||4 July 2019|
|Round one of seat allotment||5 July 2019|
|Deposition of online fee||5 to 8 July 2019|
|Withdrawal after round one of seat allotment||9 July 2019|
|Second Round of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2019|
|Submission of choice and freeing the same for round two of JAC Chandigarh Counselling||10 to 12 July 2019|
|Round two of seat allotment||13 July 2019|
|Deposition of online fee||13 to 16 July 2019|
|Withdrawal once round two of seat allotment is completed||17 July 2019|
|Third Round of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2019|
|Submission of preferences and freezing them for round three of JAC Chandigarh counselling||17 to 19 July 2019|
|Round three for seat allotment||20 July 2019|
|Deposition of online fee||20 to 23 July 2019|
|Reporting the institute for admission, verification of original documents, payment of institution fee||24 & 25 July 2019|
|Withdrawal once the round three of seat allotment gets over||27 July 2019|
|Reporting of the candidates at given institutes||27 July 2019|
|SPOT Round of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2019|
|Announcement of vacant seats in SPOT Round||28 July 2019|
|Submission of choices in SPOT round and locking the same (the applicants who do not lock the seats till the three rounds of counselling can take part)||9 to 11 August 2019|
|Seat allotment for SPOT round||13 August 2019|
|Reporting to the institute physically, verification of documents and payment of the institute fee||14 August 2019|
JAC Chandigarh Counselling Process 2019
There will be total of three rounds in JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2019 and the candidates need to be aware of the same. In case of any vacant seat after these three rounds of counselling, the spot round will be conducted. The steps that will be involved in JAC Chandigarh Counselling are registration, filling of choices and locking them and allotment of seats. Let’s discourse about the same in detail:
- The candidates need to register for the JAC Chandigarh counselling process and create their account online.
Filling of Preferences and Locking
- The registered candidates are supposed to mention their selected choices of branches and colleges at the time of counselling process.
- The candidates are allowed to make changes in the preferences till the time they freeze the options.
- After locking the choices, the applicants cannot edit the given options.
- The authority will conduct one round as mock counselling just to make the candidates aware of the counselling procedure, various steps like filling of choices, seat allotment, locking of choices etc.
- The seat allotted in this mock round will only for the reference and the applicants can get the idea of how it works.
- The applicants are free to make changes in the preferences in this mock counselling round.
- The allotment of seats will depend upon the ranking of the applicants in JEE Main exam 2019, the preferences of the applicants and the availability of seats.
- The candidates can check the allotted seat and make the payment of the relevant fee accordingly.
- After that, they need to report to the given college or institute.
Verification of Documents
- The candidates who belong to Sports Quota and other categories of reservation are supposed to provide prescribed documents before the process of filling the preferences and seat allotment.
- The candidates who fall under the General category need not do the same before the seat allotment process and final admission.
- The necessary documents that the applicants need to submit for the purpose of verification may involve Sports certificate, mark sheet and certificate of 10th and 12th standard, registration form, JAC confirmation page, Category certificate and scorecard of JEE Main 2019.
This is the detailed information pertaining to JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2019. The participants are advised to read each and every point of this content thoroughly as it would be quite informative at the time of counselling process. Also, they will be able to apprehend various steps and rounds involved in the process of counselling. In case, you experience any query or doubt while reading the content, simply get in touch with us.