IMU CET Eligibility Criteria 2019- IMU is known as Indian Maritime University and CET stands for Common Entrance Test which is organized every year. The IMU CET 2019 is conducted by Indian Maritime University. The university was established in the year 2008 and was declared Central University under the Act of Parliament (Act 22). The main headquarter of Indian Maritime University is located in the city of Chennai of the Tamil Nadu state. The IMU CET is a university level examination which is conducted online for various Maritime Engineering Courses. B. Tech courses offered by IMU (Indian Maritime University) are B.Tech in Marine Engineering, B.Tech in Maritime Management, B.Tech in Ship Building & Repair, B.Tech in Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering and other related courses. The details of the IMU CET Eligibility Criteria 2019 will provide information related to the eligibility in terms of educational qualification, age, reservation of seats, physical fitness, and eyesight of the candidates. The candidates who qualify the IMU CET 2019 exam can get admission in any of the campuses in Kolkata, Cochin, Mumbai, Chennai and Visakhapatnam. The eligible candidates will be able to fill the application form of IMU CET. Before filling the admission form of IMU CET 2019, all the candidates are requested to check and examine the IMU CET Eligibility Criteria 2019, in order to find out whether they are eligible for attaining admission to the B. Tech 2019 course.
IMU CET Eligibility Criteria 2019
The candidates can check and examine the IMU CET Eligibility Criteria 2019 in various aspects listed below:
- The candidates need to pass the 12th standard examination with minimum 60% marks from a recognized board/university with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The candidates appearing the final examination of 12th standard are also eligible to apply for the IMU CET 2019.
- The candidates must take Physics as an individual subject in one of the years in Bachelor of Science.
- Electronics with a minimum aggregate of 50% from a UGC/DEC recognized university.
- Candidates have attained BE/B. Tech degree from an AICTE recognized university.
- Minimum age should be 17 years as of 17th July 2019.
- Maximum age should be 25 years as of 17th July 2019.
- There will be 5years of relaxation in maximum age limit for SC/ST category.
Reservation of Seats:
- Candidates belonging from SC: 15%
- Candidates belonging from OBC: 27%
- Candidates belonging from ST: 7.5%
- For DA Candidates: 3%
The candidates need to produce medical fitness certificates authorized by authorities of Director General of Shipping in case they desire to take admission in Marine courses.
- The candidates who have the desire to join DNS, BSc (Maritime Science) and BSc (Nautical Science) are barred to wear glasses and the vision should be normal i.e. 6/6 for each eye.
- The candidates who have the desire to join B.Tech (Marine Engineering) course can wear glasses but eyesight in each eye beyond plus/minus 2.5 will be rejected. The unaided vision needs to be 6/12 in both eyes minimum or in a good eye it is 6/9 and 6/12 in the other eye minimum.
Maritime Science and Marine Engineering are the fields wherein there is an ample scope of career growth for the aspirants. Hence, all the aspirants who are seeking to pursue such engineering courses from Indian Marine University should be well aware of the IMU CET Eligibility Criteria 2019 to submit their application form successfully. Only the properly filled application forms will be accepted by the authority and if a candidate is found ineligible for the course, his/ her candidature will be rejected with immediate effect.