IMU CET 2019-Indian Maritime University has released the admit card of IMU CET 2019 on 15 May 2019. The candidates who have filled the application form under the given time limit can download their admit card from 15 May 2019 on the official website of IMU. The process of IMU CET 2019 is already closed. The candidates willing to appear in the IMU CET exam 2019 could access the application form from 1 April to 5 May 2019 on the official website of IMU. The exam is scheduled to be conducted on 1 June 2019. Indian Maritime University (IMU) will be conducting the IMU CET 2019 examination. Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test i.e. IMU CET is an all India level examination which is a gateway to attain admissions in various undergraduate, postgraduate, postgraduate diploma and research courses in the fields of marine engineering. The university offers courses of Bachelor of Technology and Masters of Technology. Apart from these engineering courses, the university also offers admission to Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Business Administration, Master of Science and Master of Business Administration and many other courses at IMU Campus and its affiliated colleges. The candidates will be getting the application form in the online portal from 6 April 2019. The eligibility criteria of the IMU CET 2019 need to be analyzed and examined before filling up the application form. The result will be announced expectedly on 6 June 2019. This article will provide all the necessary information for the IMU CET 2019.
Latest Update: IMU has released the admit card of IMU CET 2019 exam on 15 May 2019, go through the link given below:
IMU CET 2019: Important Dates
Below are some important dates of IMU CET 2019 for the benefit of candidates. The aspirants need to keep a track of the latest updates on the official website.
|Availability of Online Registration/application form||1 April 2019|
|Last date of Online Registration/Application form||5 May 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card / Hall ticket||15 May 2019 (Released)|
|IMU CET 2019 Date of Exam||1 June 2019|
|Announcement of Result||6 June 2019|
|Availability of online Counselling||10 June 2019|
Application Form of IMU CET 2019
The registration/application form has been released by the university through online mode only. The candidates will be getting the application form in the online portal from 1 April 2019. The candidates could be able to fill the application form till 5 May 2019.
The candidates need to upload the scanned or digital copy of the candidate’s photograph, signature, 10th mark-sheet, 12th mark-sheet, category certificate, and other applicable documents.
The candidates need to keep 2-3 copies of the application form for future references after the submission of form is completed.
The candidate will be informed about the submission of form by email or SMS to their registered contact details by the university.
Application Fee: The candidates belonging from General Category need to pay INR 1000 and the candidates belonging from SC & ST category need to pay INR 700 as application fee. The candidates can pay the application fee by both online and offline. The online submission of the application fee can be done by credit card/ debit card/ net banking. The offline submission of the application fee can be done by Bank Challan mode.
IMU CET Eligibility Criteria 2019
The candidates can check and examine the eligibility criteria of IMU CET 2019 in terms of educational qualification, age, reservation of seats, physical fitness and eyesight which is listed below.
- The candidates need to pass the 12th standard examination with minimum 60% marks from a recognized board/university with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The candidates appearing the final examination of 12th standard are also eligible to apply for the IMU CET 2019
- The candidates must take Physics as an individual subject in one of the years in Bachelor of Science.
- Electronics with a minimum aggregate of 50% from a UGC/DEC recognized university.
- Candidates have attained BE/B. Tech degree from an AICTE recognized university.
- Minimum age limit should be 17 years of age as of 17th July 2019.
- Maximum age limit should be 25 years of age as of 17th July 2019.
- There will be a relaxation of 5 years of maximum age limit for SC/ST category.
Reservation of Seats:
- Candidates belonging from SC: 15%
- Candidates belonging from OBC: 27%
- Candidates belonging from ST: 7.5%
- For DA Candidates: 3%
The candidates need to produce medical fitness certificates authorized by authorities of Director General of Shipping in case they desire to take admission in Marine courses.
- The candidates who have the desire to join DNS, BSc (Maritime Science) and BSc (Nautical Science) are barred to wear glasses and the vision should be normal i.e. 6/6 in each eye.
- The candidates who have the desire to join B.Tech (Marine Engineering) course can wear glasses but eyesight in each eye beyond plus/minus 2.5 will be rejected. The unaided vision needs to be 6/12 in both eyes minimum or in a good eye it is 6/9 and 6/12 in the other eye minimum.
IMU CET 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of IMU CET 2019 is listed below:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be conducted in online mode.
- The number of questions: There will be total of 200 questions for undergraduate courses and 120 questions for postgraduate courses.
- Type of Questions: The type of questions will be of Objective Type (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Duration: The time duration of the examination will be of 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: The candidates will be awarded one marks for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking is applied to the wrong answer.
|Subjects||Total no. of Questions|
Documents required for IMU CET 2019
- Candidates will require scanned images of certificates of the reserved category such as SC, ST.
- Scanned image of High school passing certificate as for the age poof.
- Scanned image of the 12th standard passing certificate (candidates need to provide during counselling)
- Scanned image of Provisional degree certificate in case of candidate passed graduation.
- Other documents, if needed.
IMU CET 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for undergraduate courses of the IMU CET 2019 will comprise of English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and General Aptitude.
The syllabus for MSc and MBA of the IMU CET 2019 will consist of Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation, and Logical Reasoning.
The syllabus for M.Tech courses will consist of English, Mathematics and one of the Mechanical Engineering/Marine Engineering/Naval Architecture/Civil Engineering.
IMU CET 2019 Admit Card
The candidates can download the admit card from 15 May 2019 as the admit card has beel released by the conducting body. The candidates can download the IMU CET admit card 2019 by online from the official website. The registered candidates will be informed about the admit card of IMU CET 2019 via email or SMS by the University. There will be no other mode to attain the admit card.
IMU CET 2019 Result
The candidates will be able to check their result in online mode by visiting the official website of the IMU CET. The result will be announced on 6 June 2019. The university will announce the result separately for undergraduate, M.Tech and MBA courses. The candidates will view the results in the format of pdf. The candidates can check the evaluation of answers within a week after the examination. The answer key of IMU CET 2019 will be released with the result. The candidates are also allowed to download the rank certificate for the counselling process. The candidates, who will score well, will be selected for further counselling procedure.
IMU CET 2019 Counselling
Those candidates selected based on the score of IMU CET 2019 will be required to register first for online counselling. The counselling of the IMU CET will be started from 10 June 2019. The counselling can be prepared for allotment of seats which will be accompanied by way of the document verification, physical fitness, and so forth. To get admission into IMU campus, the online counselling will be limited. Other affiliated establishments will no longer encompass in this counselling procedure. The candidates who are qualified can apply directly to the affiliated institutes based on IMU CET score. The candidates need to pay INR 10,000 which is non-refundable during the time of online counselling. The candidates need to register separately for the undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Pot your further queries about IMU CET 2019 in the comment box below to get assistance from our experts.