IIST B.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2019- IIST B.Tech exam will be conducted by IIST, Thiruvananthapuram for the candidates who wish to enhance their career of Bachelor of Technology in the field of Avionics and Aerospace. The candidates will be allotted the seats which are around 120 B.Tech seats on the basis of the JEE Advanced 2019 score. The eligibility criteria will state the requirement of the B.Tech course by the authority of IIST. As per government regulations, the seats will be assigned to the General and Reserved category. The details of the IIST B.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2019 will provide information related to the eligibility in terms of educational qualifications, citizenship and the qualifying marks of the candidates. Only those candidates who will fulfil the IIST B.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2019 will be considered for admission. The candidates thus must examine the eligibility criteria of the IIST before filling the admission form. This article will provide all the information about the IIST B.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2019.
The online registration of the admission regarding B.Tech courses in IIST is expected to start from the first week of June 2019. The candidates need to qualify the IIST B.Tech eligibility criteria 2019 for taking part in the admission procedure. The eligibility requirements are enlisted below:
Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen to apply for IIST B.Tech 2019.
Age criteria: The candidates from General and OBC Category should have born on or after 1st October 1993. The candidates from SC/ST and PD category should have born on or after 1st October 1987.
Note: The candidates must provide the mark sheet or certificate of high school/first board or its equivalent examination as a proof of date of birth at the time of verification of documents.
Educational Qualification: The candidates should have cleared the 12th examination attaining a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate. The candidates belonging from SC, ST and PD category need to achieve minimum 65% marks in aggregate to acquire admission in IIST B.Tech.
The following subjects will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks:
- A Language (if the candidate has taken more than one language, then the language with the better marks will be taken into consideration)
- Any subject other than the above four. (Subject with the better marks will be taken into consideration)
Admission on the Basis of JEE Advanced 2019
Candidates will need to appear in the JEE Advanced 2019 to fulfil the IIST B.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2019 for taking admission to B.Tech in IIST. The candidates need to clear the JEE main 2019 to appear in the JEE Advanced examination.
The candidates need to obtain the minimum marks prescribed category wise by the JEE Advanced 2019 to be eligible for applying for the admission in B.Tech IIST is listed below:
- Candidates from General category need to attain a minimum of 20% aggregate marks and a minimum of 5% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics individually.
- Candidates belonging from Other Backward Community – Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) need to attain a minimum of 18% aggregate marks and minimum 4.5% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics individually.
- Candidates from Schedule Caste (SC), Schedule Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PD) need to attain a score of minimum 10% aggregate and 2.5% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics individually.
Note: IIST Admission 2019 Rank will be prepared by the authority for the candidates who register online for seeking admission in B.Tech IIST. The Rank list is based on the All India Rank of JEE Advanced.
List of Qualifying Examinations for IIST B.Tech 2019
The candidates need to qualify any of the examinations mentioned below to accomplish the IIST B.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2019 for taking admission in IIST B.Tech Thiruvananthapuram.
- Any final examination of the 10+2 system recognized by any state/central board of education.
- Final year examination of two-year course duration of Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Vocational Higher Secondary Examination
- Candidates who have studied in any of the public school, university or board in India or abroad which is recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Certificate of High School Examination of the International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva or Cambridge University.
- Advanced (A) level at General Certificate Education examination (London/ Cambridge / Sri Lanka)
- Intermediate examination by a recognized central or state board such as CBSE or CISCE
- Senior Secondary school examination organized by the National Institute of Open Schooling with five subjects at least.
Note: The candidates need to qualify minimum a single public examination i.e., Board or Pre-university at an early level in case the qualifying examination is not a public examination.