IISER Counselling 2019- IISER stands for Indian Institutes of Science Education & Research and it conducts entrance exam every year to provide admission to the candidates in the 5-year Dual Degree BS-MS program. The group of IISER institutes was established under the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development), Government of India. The institutes of IISER are located in several parts of India. The candidates, who will qualify the JEE Main, JEE Advanced, KVPY, and SCB, will also be eligible for IISER admission 2019 process. There will be separate seat allotment process for the candidates who have qualified the above-mentioned entrance exam. The candidates who are only eligible will be getting admission to various IISER engineering courses. The candidates will be called for the counselling process on the basis of three different channels for admission to IISER. The candidates have to pay the counselling fee for participating in the counselling process. During the time of counselling process, candidates have to bring all the necessary documents that will be verified before seat allotment take place. The article here deals with the topic of IISER Counselling 2019.
Important Dates of IISER Counselling 2019
Here are the important dates for the counselling process of IISER 2019. Candidates can go through the table below to get the idea about the important dates of counselling and the dates given here are tentative:
IISER Counselling 2019 Dates for JEE Advanced and KVPY
|Qualifying Exam||Date of Application||Date of Seat Allotment|
|JEE Advanced||2nd week of June- 3rd week of June 2019||4th week of June 2019|
|KVPY||3rd week of May-1st week of June 2019||2nd week of June 2019|
IISER Counselling 2019 Dates for SCB Channel
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Date of Application Form||3rd week of May -2nd week of June 2019|
|Issue of Hall Ticket||2nd week of June 2019|
|IISER Aptitude Test for SCB candidates||3rd week of June 2019|
|Aptitude Test Result||1st week of July|
|Last date for Seat Acceptance Fee (SAF) for the 1st round of seat allotment||2nd week of July 2019|
|Declaration of Second Round of Allotment||2nd week of July 2019|
|Last date for Seat Acceptance Fee for the 2nd round of seat allotment||3r week of July 2019|
|An announcement of Third Round of Allotment||3rd week of July 2019|
|Last date for Seat Acceptance Fee (SAF) of the 3rd round of seat allotment||3rd week of July 2019|
Participation in IISER Counselling 2019
The IISER Counselling 2019 will be conducted online and the candidates who will qualify the JEE Advanced and KVPY 2019 on the basis of rank obtained on the national level will be called to participate in counselling process. The merit list of these candidates will be prepared on the basis of the rank. The candidates form the SCB channel has to qualify the Entrance exam that will be conducted by IISER. If the candidates who will qualify the entrance exam will get their name on the merit list and according to the merit list candidates will be called for the counselling process of IISER 2019 that will be organized in online mode.
Procedure of IISER Counselling 2019
The candidates have to go through the procedure of counselling of IISER 2019 and get the information for participating in it:
- The candidates who will be selected for the counselling process are required for filling up the counselling form with the date mentioned.
- There will be a separate form of counselling for the candidates who are applying from the different channels.
- The next process of counselling will be the choice filling where candidates have to fill up their choice for the courses and participating institutes of IISER during the process of counselling conducted through online mode.
- The candidates can find the list of seat allotment according to the merit list prepared for selecting candidates in various IISER institutes in various parts of India.
- The seat allotment will be decided on the basis of the merit and choice filling process. The candidates who will secure top position in JEE, JEE Advanced, KVPY will be given much preference.
- The candidates who belong to the General and Other Backward Classes (OBC) are required to pay the counselling fee of Rs 25,000 and the other reserved categories will be Rs 12,500. The counselling fee is required to be paid through online modes like net banking, Debit or Credit card.
IISER Counselling 2019 and Documents Required
The candidates have to bring the lists of documents for verification required for the counselling process of IISER 2019 that are given below:
- 10th standard Marksheet
- 12th standard Marksheet
- Original Photocopy of the counselling Letter of IISER
- JEE Advanced, IISER Entrance exam and KVPY Admit Card
- JEE Advanced, IISER Entrance exam and KVPY Scorecard
- IISER Demand Draft made according to its guidelines
- 5-6 recent passport size photograph
- Category Certificate (if required)
IISER Participating Institutes 2019
Institutes offering admissions to the aspiring candidates on the basis of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY), JEE Advanced 2019, State and Central Board (SCB) are the participating institutes of IISER 2019. On the basis of scores secured and availability of seats, aspiring candidates will be allotted seats during the IISER counseling and seat allotment process. Candidates can choose from the following institutes where they wish to take admissions in.
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Berhampur
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Tirupati
Comment in the section below for any queries relating to IISER Counselling 2019.