IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2019- International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Hyderabad has released the application form of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech for admission through UGEE and SPEC mode, the candidates can fill the application form from 11 February 2019 and have to submit the same on or before 23 March 2019. International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad is abbreviated as IIIT, which is counted among the top engineering colleges in India. Like previous years, the process of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2019 will also be performed on the basis of 3 channels mainly i.e. JEE, UGEE, and DASA. The counselling will be scheduled according to the results of aforesaid exams. Apart from the above-mentioned 3 channels, Special Channel of Admission (SPEC) has also been constituted by the apex body to receive applications of the candidates who won’t be appearing in any of the other valid entrance exams but hold the eligibility to secure admission. The foreign candidates will also be allowed to participate in the process of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2019 through DASA (Direct Admission for Students Abroad). This article includes comprehensive information about the admission process for IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2019.
The different channels for IIIT, Hyderabad Admission are:
- JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) Main
- UGEE (Undergraduate Engineering Entrance Examination)
- NTSE- KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna)
- SPEC (Special Channel of Admission)
- DASA (Direct Admission for Students Abroad)
Latest Update: IIIT Hyderabad has released the application form of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech admission 2019 through UGEE and SPEC mode on 11 February 2019. The candidates can fill & submit the same by clicking the link given below:
Click here to apply through UGEE and SPEC mode
Quick Facts about IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2019
|Commonly known as||IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2019|
|Admission type||Institute level|
|Admission conducting authority||IIIT Hyderabad|
|Channels for B.Tech admissions||JEE Main, DASA, UGEE–CSD/ ECD/ CND/ CLD/ NK/NTSE or KVPY, Olympiad, SPEC|
A Special Channel of Admission (SPEC) is introduced by the IIIT Hyderabad for single degree B.Tech programmes (ECE/CSE). The admission is reserved for the individuals who have the outstanding ability, for example, chose in UDAAN or the candidates contemplated six-year integrated 12th standard in addition to undergraduate programme. There are solely 20 seats available for admission through SPEC mode.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2019: Important Dates
JEE Main 2019 Channel
|Availability of Application Form||1st week of April 2019|
|Last date of Application Form||4th week of May 2019|
|Result of Round 1||Last week of May 2019|
|Round 1Acceptance Date & Fee Payment (on or before)||Mid of June 2019|
|Result of Round 2||Last week of June 2019|
|Round 2 seat acceptance date||1st week of July 2019|
|Result of round 3||first week of July 2019|
|Round 3 seat acceptance date||1st week of July 2019|
|Result of Round 4||2nd week of July 2019|
|Round 4 seat acceptance date||2nd week of July 2019|
|Availability of Application Form||1st week of March 2019|
|Last date of Application Form||Last week of April 2019|
|Result of Round 1||1st week of May 2019|
|Last date of Round 1 Seat acceptance date||Last week of May 2019|
|Result of Round 2||2nd week of June 2019|
|Last date of Round 2 seat acceptance date||3rd week of June 2019|
|Result of Round 3||4th week of June 2019|
|Last date of Round 3 seat acceptance date||1st week of July 2019|
Undergraduate Engineering Entrance Examination (UGEE – CLD/NK/NTSE/ or KVPY), Olympiad, and SPEC mode.
|The application date for UGEE, Olympiad, and SPEC mode.||11 February to 23 March 2019|
|Application date for Olympiad mode||2nd week of February to last week of March 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||2nd week of April 2019|
|UGEE and SPEC entrance test||28 April 2019|
|Result of Entrance Examination||1st week of May 2019|
|Result of Interview – SPEC and LEEE Mode||1st week of June 2019|
|Result of Interview – UGEE Mode Round 1||2nd week of June 2019|
|Result of interview – UGEE Mode Round 2||3rd week of June 2019|
|Result of interview – UGEE Mode Round 3||1st week of July 2019|
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2019: Application Form
The dates of application form for taking admission in B.Tech course in IIIT Hyderabad is different for all channels. The application form for UGEE, SPEC is available from 11 February 2019 and the application form for Olympiad will be available from 2nd week of February 2019. The last date of application form will be the same for both which will be on the last week of March 2019 (tentative). The availability of application form for DASA channel is expected to be on the first week of March.
Application Fee: Candidates need to pay the application fee of INR 1500 if they are applying as JEE Main 2019 applicants. The application fee for DASA candidates is INR 6000. The candidates need to pay INR 2000 for NTSE, KVPY (NK) and Olympiad.
Mode of Payment: The candidates need to pay the application fee online i.e., Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admit Card 2019
The IIIT admit card for UGEE/SPEC/LEEE mode of admission is expected to be released in the 2nd week of April 2019. The candidates need to be sure that they take the IIIT Hyderabad Admit Card 2019 along with them on the examination day. The candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card. The procedure for downloading the admit card is listed below:
- The candidates need to login using their User ID and Password.
- The candidates need to click ‘Login’.
- The IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- The candidates need to download the admit card and take a printout of it.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2019: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2019 provide the information regarding the eligibility conditions which the candidates need to fulfil to achieve admission in the B.Tech programme of IIIT Hyderabad. The eligibility requirements consist of JEE Main, Olympiad, UGEE – CSD/ ECD/ CND/ CLD/ NK/NTSE or KVPY, Olympiad, SPEC of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2019 eligibility criteria.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2019: Eligibility through JEE Main 2019
- The candidates must fulfil JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria Requirements.
- Also, the candidates must qualify in JEE Main 2019.
Selection Criteria: The selection criteria are based on JEE Main 2019 Marks/Ranks
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2019: Eligibility Criteria through DASA UG 2019
- Foreign Nationals/Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)/Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)/Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are eligible.
- The candidate must have completed 12th standard or equivalent by May 2019 or earlier with minimum 60% marks (or 6.0 grade on 10 point scale) in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- For such candidates, taking AP Calculus course, AP Physics or AP Chemistry course is highly recommended.
The candidate must also satisfy one of the followings:
- The candidate should have completed 12th standard or equivalent from outside India by May 2019 or earlier. The candidates should have scored at least 60% marks (or 6.0 grade on 10 point scale) in each of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The candidate must hold a foreign passport
- The candidate should have appeared in SAT and scored a minimum 1070 aggregate score (out of maximum of 1600) in SAT,
- Also, the candidates are required to have secured a minimum aggregate score of 2000 (out of maximum of 2400) in SAT Subject Tests in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Both scores are mandatory.
- Scores of SAT can be mapped as consistent with the new layout using concordance tables available from University Board (USA).
- DASA Channel will take the SAT (SAT II) scores for admission. The prime SAT scores are utilized to break ties. Anyone with legitimate SAT II scores but has not taken SAT will be taken into consideration for being eligible to apply for admission. For tie-breaking, such candidates SAT score might be treated as missing or equivalent to 0.
Selection Criteria: Through the SAT and SAT Subject Tests Scores. Both are mandatory. The test scores should be reported directly to IIIT Hyderabad before the last date of the application form by the college board. The essential ranking criteria will be the aggregate of SAT Subject Tests Scores in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. All candidates will be ranked on the basis of aggregate marks first.
In the case of a tie in total marks, the following marks (in the given order) will be used to resolve the same.
- Mathematics of SAT II
- Physics of SAT II
- Chemistry of SAT II
- Total score of SAT
- Critical Reading of SAT
- Mathematics of SAT
- A tie after this will be resolved with an interview over Skype.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2019: Eligibility through NTSE-KVPY
- The candidate should have qualified 12th standard examination and must have qualified for
- NTSE, (OR)
Selection Criteria: The selection will be based on written test and personal interview.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2019: Eligibility through Olympiads
- The candidate should attain qualification of 12th standard and those candidates who got selected for training in Science and Linguistics to represent India in International Olympiads.
The final selection will be based on the basis of interview.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2019: Eligibility through SPEC Mode
The candidates should have extraordinary talent or background such as:
- Got selected in the Central Government Scheme UDAAN
- The candidates contemplated six years integrated 12th standard in addition to undergraduate programme completing the second year of study in May 2019. Selection Criteria:
The selection will be based on written test and personal interview.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Result 2019
UGEE/DASA/JEE Mains 2019 marks or scorecard takes the preference in preparing the result of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech. The candidates will be able to get their result by logging in using their User ID and Password. The candidates who qualified in the examination will be called to take part in the counselling process. The counselling is expected to be organized in the month of June 2019. The total 275 B.Tech seats are offered by International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad for admission.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Cutoff 2019
The cutoff of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech consists of total marks and subject wise marks to be obtained by the candidate to be eligible for admission. The candidates can check the cutoffs of the previous year’s for getting the prospect of knowing the admission chances.
Cutoff of the IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech through JEE 2017
|Name of the programme||Opening Marks||Closing Marks|
Cutoff of the IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech through JEE 2016 (Round 1)
|Name of the programme||Total Marks|
|4-year B.Tech Courses|
|5-year B.Tech + MS courses|
Cutoff of the IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech through JEE 2016 (Round 2)
|Name of the programme||Total Marks|
|4 year B.Tech Courses|
|5 year B.Tech + MS Courses|
Cutoff of the IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech through JEE 2016 (Round 3)
|Name of the Programme||Total Marks|
|4 year B.Tech courses|
|5 years B.Tech + MS courses|
Cutoff of the IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech through JEE 2016 (Round 4)
|Name of Programme||Total Marks|
|4-year B.Tech Courses|
|5-year B.Tech + MS courses|
Cutoff of the IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech through JEE 2016 (Round 5)
|Name of programme||Total Marks|
|4 year B.Tech courses|
|5year B.Tech + MS courses|
Only the candidates who obtained either equal marks to the cutoff of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech or more than that will be able to participate in IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2019. Only such candidates will be called for counselling and seat allotment.