HPCET Cutoff 2019 refers to the least required qualification value candidates need in order to qualify for the HPCET counselling process and space allocation. HPTU reports the HPCET cutoff after the declaration of the result. Only the successful candidates whose score are higher than or equal to HPCET 2019 will receive access according to their rank achieved in the HPCET exam. HPTU will issue the merit list of HPCET 2019 along with the HPCET Cutoff 2019. The lists will be distinct and will comprise the Data of the candidates ranked with their marks in the admission exam rendering to their category. The merit rank as offered in the HPCET merit list 2019 will be the basis for the counselling and seat allotment process. The merit list will present the name of the candidates, roll number, marks secured by them and rank acquired by them.
Factors Influencing HPCET Cutoff 2019
Candidates are graded by the group in the order of their scores. The university will follow the procedures to resolve a tie amongst more than two candidates who have received the same points in HPCET. Applicants can download and review the HPCET merit list here after being published by HPTU.
Some of the factors to consider when deciding on the cut-off are:
- Number of candidates
- Number of seats
- Level of Test difficulty
- Candidate to put ration
- Reservation policies set by the government
- Last year admission trends
Tiebreaker in HPCET Cutoff 2019
If two or more competitors have the same cutoff scores, there will be a tiebreaker condition used is described below
- If two candidates have the identical HPCET Cutoff marks, the applicant with greater marks in entrance test will be graded higher in merit.
- If the entrance test marks are identical, then higher marks in Mathematics will clear the tie.
- If the participants in HPCET have the same score, the points received in HPCET Physics paper will be taken into consideration. The higher score gets the seat.
- If the tie still persists despite the above information, the higher rank is given to the candidate who has higher grades in chemistry paper.
- If the tie has not yet been resolved, the grades of the qualifying exam (10 + 2) will be evaluated.
- Finally, if the qualifying examination scores are also identical then the date of birth of the candidates will be measured. The senior candidate shall get the advantage of being graded above.
HPCET Cutoff 2019: Key Points to Note
- The seat allotment to all the programs shall be made based on the cutoff/merit or rank/marks acquired in the National Level Entrance Test or the HPCET 2019, subject to satisfaction of least required educational requirements.
- The HPCET cutoff 2019 is set to demarcate the number of applicants to appear in the admission procedure. Only the efficacious applicants whose score is higher than or equal to the HPCET 2019 cutoff will be given seats as per their rank acquired in HPCET 2019 entrance exam.
- To know the HPCET cutoff purpose, we must know that HPCET cutoff would be applied to the scores secured by a candidate in the test.
- If an aspirant succeeds in scoring the least required cutoff, he is considered qualified. However, if the applicant’s grades are lower than the other candidate they may not be able to attend the centralized HPCET advisory round.
- It is unconditionally essential to score well in the exam since it is the chance of a securing a seat in the preferred course in any of the participating institutes of HPCET 2019.
- All the qualified applicants would subsequently be enlisted in the merit list of HPCET where applicants will be called as per the decreasing order.
- Applicants with the uppermost marks would be positioned at the top of the list while the one with marks equivalent to the cutoff of HPCET 2019 would be located at the bottom of the list.
- Counselling rounds will be conducted in order of the names appearing in the merit list. So, we can see that the marks acquired in the entrance test are contrariwise relative to ranking.
- If the ranking is lesser then the opportunity of receiving the 1st favoured colleges and course would be higher.
This is all about the HPCET cutoff 2019 till now. Stay tuned to receive the latest updates about the exam.