HPCET 2019- The exam date of the HPCET 2019 exam has been announced by the exam conducting body. HPCET exam for B.Tech admission will be held on 12 May 2019 and the exam for M.tech admission will be held on 8 June 2019. Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU) organizes the Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test (HPCET 2019). On the year 2010, Himachal Pradesh Technical University was established by an Act of Legislative Assembly of Himachal Pradesh. It is a state level common entrance test for undergraduate admissions in various institutes/colleges of the state. The HPCET 2019 is expected to be held on 12 May & 8 June and the applications form the same will available from March 2019. The HPCET is conducted every year for admission in engineering courses. All the interested and eligible candidates must understand the entire admission process that involves important dates, registration of the exam, eligibility criteria, counseling process etc. The main aim of Himachal Pradesh Technical University is to develop the engineering and technology, science and management education across the state.
The interested and eligible candidates who are willing to appear for this exam must submit their HPCET 2019 application form as per the prescribed schedule. The objective of the Himachal Pradesh Technical University is to provide quality educational training and research facilities. It also offers short-term as well as long-term degree programmes. Through Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test, the candidates can get admission in the courses such as B.Tech, B. Pharma. All the details are mentioned in this article.
HPCET 2019 UG Courses Included
- Tech – 4 years Duration
- Pharmacy – 4 years Duration
- Pharma (Ayurveda) – 4 years Duration
Latest Update: Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU) has announced the date of conducting HPCET 2019 exam. The exam for B.Tech admission will be held on 12 May 2019 and the exam for M.tech admission will be held on 8 June 2019.
HPCET 2019 Quick Review
The candidates appearing in the entrance exam of HPCET 2019 are provided with the quick facts of entrance exam in the table below:
|Name of the Examination||Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known As||HPCET|
|Conducting Institute||Himachal Pradesh Technical University|
|Category of Examination||Undergraduate Level|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
HPCET Important Dates 2019
The most important thing is to note down the HPCET 2019 schedule. This schedule of HPCET 2019 states all the necessary dates starting from the availability of application form to counseling dates.
|Availability of HPCET 2019 online application form||March 2019|
|Last date of application form||April 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||May 2019|
|HPCET 2019 Exam date||
|Result declaration||May 2019|
|Counseling date||June 2019|
HPCET Eligibility Criteria 2019
All the candidates should fulfill the eligibility criteria of HPCET 2019 exam for opting towards undergraduate courses.
- The applicants must possess citizenship of India and Domicile of Himachal Pradesh to satisfy the HPCET eligibility criteria 2019.
- The candidates should be higher secondary qualified from any recognized school or university of Himachal Pradesh to be eligible for HPCET 2019.
- As per the eligibility criteria of HPCET 2019 the age of the applicants must be between 16 years to 20 years.
- Candidates must secure at least 45% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination with Physics and Chemistry as a core subject.
- Apart from having the core subjects, the candidate should also have one optional subject among chemistry, Biology, and Biotechnology.
- For B.tech and B.Pharma, the candidate must be 10+2 qualified from a recognized university or college with at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) and physics and Chemistry as a mandatory subject along with one optional subject in mathematics, Biotechnology or in Biology.
HPCET 2019 Application Form
The application form will be available for all the candidates who are appearing for the HPCET 2019 exam. For filling the application form, the candidates should visit the official website and apply online for the same. The applicants should read all the instruction before proceeding for filling the application form. They can apply for the HPCET 2019 application form in the following manner –
- The application form will be available in the online mode from the official website of the authority and they should register their account for the same.
- The candidate should fill the online application form and verify their email address and respective mobile number.
- The application form should be properly reviewed before submitting the form and all the candidates are required to upload their scanned photograph and signature.
- The candidate can then submit their application fee to complete the process.
- A soft copy or a print out of the application form should be kept for further process.
HPCET 2019 Application Fee
The application fees can be submitted either in an online mode through debit card or credit card and net banking facility. They can also make payment via e-challan through offline mode. The requisite fees for the B.Tech students are Rs. 1550/- for general category whereas Rs. 1400/- for the SC, ST, and BPL.
HPCET 2019 Exam Centres
The candidates appearing in the HPCET 2019 exam need to check the exam centre list so that they can choose as per their convenience while filling the online application form. The names of the exam centre are given in the table below:
HPCET 2019 Admit Card
Candidates will get their Admit card online probably in the month of May 2019. They can download the admit card of HPCET 2019 from the official website of University by entering their Admit card number. The examination board will not allow any candidate to sit in the exam without a valid Admit Card. The Admit card mainly includes the name of the candidate, roll number, photograph, name of the exam centre and the date and timing of the exam. The candidate should take a print out of the admit card before appearing for the HPCET 2019 exam.
HPCET 2019 Exam Pattern
- Name of the examination- Himachal Pradesh Combined Entrance Test 2019
- Abbreviated as – HPCET 2019
- Level of exam – Undergraduate level
- Examination category- State level
- Conducting Institute – Himachal Pradesh Technical University
- Mode of Examination – Offline( pen and paper based)
- Question Type – Multiple Choice
- Marking Scheme – +2 marks for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking – (-) 0.5 mark for every incorrect Answer.
- Exam Duration – Three hours
- Language – English
HPCET 2019 Paper Pattern for B.Tech
|Paper name||Total no. of questions||Maximum marks|
HPCET 2019 Syllabus
All the candidates are required to go through the HPCET 2019 syllabus before starting for the exam preparation. HPCET 2019 exam mainly includes Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as exam syllabus. All the topics of 11th & 12th Standard textbooks need to be prepared by the candidates to cover the syllabus of HPCET 2019. Apart from the Himachal Pradesh Board 11th & 12th textbooks, candidates can also refer NCERT books and other authentic study material to prepare for HPCET 2019 Exam. We have provided the topic-wise syllabus of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics below:
HPCET 2019 Result
All the candidates can download their result by visiting the official website of HPCET 2019. To view the HPCET result 2019, candidates are required to enter their roll number and click on the ‘find result’ button. They should take a print out of their result sheet for further admission and counseling process.
HPCET Counselling 2019
The qualifying candidates of HPCET 2019 can apply for the counselling programme to take admission to the undergraduate courses. The HPCET Counselling 2019 will start on 7th June 2019. Candidates who belong NRI and Foreign Nations can also apply for the admission and their eligibility criteria will remain the same. Various documents required for counseling –
- Mark sheet of 10th and 12th standard
- Government Identity proof
- Result copy of HPCET 2019
- Passport size photo
This is all about HPCET 2019. Post your queries in the comment box to get a response from our experts.