How to fill JEE Main Application Form 2020 – The Most frequent question asked by aspirants these days that are willing to apply for JEE Main 2020 exam is how to fill JEE Main application form 2020. Application forms for JEE Main 2020 exam have been released on 3 September 2019 and will end on 30 September 2019 for JEE Main exam to be conducted in January 2020. Application forms are made available in online mode for the candidates willing to apply for JEE Main 2020 exam. The application forms are released for both the exams to be conducted in January and April months every year. Payment of fee for application form is to be made through either online mode or offline mode. Candidates must ensure that all the information they will provide in the application form is correct and true. In case, any discrepancy is found in the information provided by the candidate, the authority has the full right to cancel the candidature. Read the complete article to know How to fill JEE Main Application Form 2020.
Latest Update: The online mode application process for JEE Main January 2020 exam is started on 3 September 2019, go through the link below to fill the same:
How to fill JEE Main Application Form 2020?
The JEE Main application form 2020 is online, thus candidates need to be careful while filling up the form. The process of applying for JEE Mai includes various stages such as filling of personal and education details, verification of mobile number and email id, uploading documents, verification of Identity card and making payment of the application fee. In a hurry of filling the application forms, the candidates may make mistakes. To help you, we are here with the step to step guide for how to fill JEE Main application form 2020. The JEE Main application process is concluded in the following three stages:
- Filling the required details in the form
- Uploading scanned images
- Payment of JEE Main application fee
Step by step guide- How to fill JEE Main Application Form 2020?
- Go to the official website of the exam conducting authority to fill the application form.
- Under “New Candidate Registration”, click on the “Apply for JEE (Main) 2020”
- You will be redirected to an instruction page after clicking on “Apply for JEE (Main) 2020”
- Candidates are advised to go through all the instructions carefully before filling the JEE Main application form 2020, so as to avoid any confusion while filling up the form
- Click on the “I have to download Information Bulletin and read all the instructions” after reading all the instructions carefully and thoroughly
- You will be then redirected to a new screen after clicking on the “Proceed to apply online”.
- At this stage, you will need to fill in the following required details:
- Your nationality
- Your state of Eligibility
- State where Class 12th School/NIOS Study Centre Located
- Select your Identification Type
- Identity card number
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Security Pin
- The candidates belonging to Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir will need to select and mention details related to any of the following:
- Ration Card
- Bank Account
- Other valid Government Identity
- Click on the “Submit” button, after filling all the required details as mentioned above
- After submitting the details, you will be redirected to another window. You will now need to fill in the following exam-related, personal, academic, mailing, and other details:
Exam related details
- Applying for which Paper for JEE Main 2020 (Paper 1 or Paper 2):
- JEE Main paper-1 (B.E/B.Tech only)
- JEE Main paper-2 (B.Arch/B.Planning only)
- JEE Main Paper 1and Paper 2 both
- Mode of examination
- Pen and paper-based test
- Computer-based test
- The medium of the language of the Question Paper
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- State of Eligibility (the state from where a candidate has passed his 12th standard)
- Category of the candidate
- Person with Disability
- Are you Diabetic?
- Date of Birth
- Gender of the candidate
- Are you only child of your parents? (In case of girl candidate)
- The nationality of the candidate
- Place of Residence
- Year of passing 10th standard or equivalent
- School Board of 12th standard or equivalent qualifying examination
- Name of the qualifying exam passed or appearing
- Place of 12th standard or qualifying exam schooling
- Year of passing or appearing 12th standard or equivalent qualifying exam
- Type of institution of 12th standard or equivalent qualifying exam
- Percentage of marks in 12th standard or equivalent qualifying exam
- Roll number of class 12th or equivalent qualifying exam
- Appeared/Appearing for improvement of class 12th or equivalent qualifying exam in all the 4 or 5 subjects as per the scheme of the board
- Mode of the preparation
- Name of the college or school from where passed or appearing
- Address of the school or college from where passed or appearing
- Name of your country
- Your District
- Pin Code
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Landline number
Details of the candidate’s guardian
- Father’s or Guardian’s qualification
- Father’s or Guardian’s Occupation
- Father’s or Guardian’s annual income
- Mother’s qualification
- Mother’s occupation
- Mother’s annual income
- At this stage, the candidates will require to choose and set a password, security question and security answer. Following are the specification for the password:
Specifications for password
- The candidates must choose a password with at least 8 to 13 characters
- The password chosen should have at least one upper case alphabet, at least one Lower case alphabet and at least one numeric value
- The password should have at least one special characters (special characters like – !@#$%^&*-,)
- Click on the “Next” button to proceed. You will be redirected to another page
- At this stage, you will have an option to edit the details submitted by you before the final submission. If you want to edit or make some changes in the details filled by you in the online application form, then you can click on the “Edit Credentials”. If you don’t want to make any changes and want to move ahead, you can then tick mark the “I agree” button and then click on the “Final Submit” button.
Mobile Number and Email Address verification
- Another aspect in regard to how to fill the JEE main application form 2020 is the verification of the mobile number and email Id. The email id and mobile number provided by the candidates is to be verified before uploading the scanned photograph and signature.
- After the OTP is sent to the candidates on their registered mobile number, they will have to confirm their email address.
Uploading the scanned images
- The candidates are required to upload their scanned photograph and signatures in the prescribed dimensions with their full name and date of upload mentioned at the end of the scanned images.
- There must be the signature of the father or mother or guardian
|JEE Main 2020 Photo Specifications|
|Dimensions||3.5cm X 4.5cm|
|File Size||4kb to 40kb|
|JEE Main 2020 Signature Specifications|
|Dimension||3.5cm X 1.5cm|
|File Size||1kb to 30kb|
JEE Main Application Fees 2020
The next step after uploading the scanned images is to make the payment of the JEE Main application fees 2020. The application fees for the JEE Main 2020 exam will vary on the grounds of the category of the candidates. The fee to be paid by candidates for application form for JEE Main 2020 is mentioned below.
JEE Main 2020 Application Fee: for Examination Centers opted in India
|JEE Main Papers||Application Fee for General and OBC||Application Fee for SC/ST/PWD/Girls/Transgender|
|B.E./B.Tech & B. Arch
or B.E./B.Tech & B. Planning or B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch & B.Planning or B.Arch & B.Planning
How to pay JEE Main application fee 2020?
- A candidate can use Syndicate/ICICI/HDFC Bank (Debit card/credit card/net-banking, PayTM, SBI Buddy Wallet/Cash Cards for making payment of the fee in online mode.
- Additional 1.20% of the examination fee will be charged along with GST as applicable if payment is done through Credit Card.
- Additional 0.75% of the examination fee will be charged along with GST for exam fee up to Rs. 2000 and 1% + GST for examination fee more than Rs. 2000, if the payment is made through the debit card.
- The candidates have to download the e-challan (Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC) generated after the online application form of JEE Main 2020 is submitted, for fee payment through e-Challan. After the payment and confirmation of payment from the bank or the exam conducting authority, the acknowledgment page will be available to candidates for download.
Note: In case, you are unable to generate the acknowledgment page the candidate must immediately contact the concerned bank. In case it fails to generate the Acknowledgement Page, immediately contact the concerned bank/branch and ask them to update the transaction.
How to pay JEE Main application fee 2020 through E-challan?
- Candidates paying the exam fee through e-challan will need to select one of the given options from Syndicate or Canara or ICICI to deposit the JEE Main application fee 2020 through e-challan
- After choosing the preferred option, automatically the system will generate an e-Challan that will consist of the specific details of the candidate along with the amount of the application fees to be paid
- Then, the candidates will need to take a printout of the e-challan. The print out is to be carried by the candidate to the nearest branch of the selected bank for completing the fee payment process
- After making the fee payment, the candidates will receive a confirmation from the bank or the exam conducting authority, i.e. NTA.
- After receiving the confirmation, the candidates will be able to take a print out of the acknowledgment page.
- Booking of slots– the candidates opting for online mode for an application, after making the payment of the fee will be able to book their preferred slots. In case of failure of slot booking from the end of candidates, the exam conducting authority will allot slots to the candidates themselves.
This completes the process of filling the JEE Main application form 2020. We hope that all your queries related to “how to fill JEE Main application form 2020” has been sorted now. Below here we have provided few instructions regarding the same. We advise you to go through all the instructions carefully before starting the application process.
How to fill the JEE Main Application Form 2020- Instructions
- The candidate must be ready with the scanned copies of their photograph and signature, along with their father’s or mother’s or guardian’s signature before filling the JEE Main Application Form 2020.
- Candidates who have passed their 10th and 12th standard must keep their details and certificates ready beforehand. This is for students who have passed their 12th
- The details of any government Identity Card must be kept ready.
- All the candidates are advised to keep their debit or credit card ready for the payment before filling JEE Main 2020 application form.