How to fill GATE Application Form 2019- GATE 2019 is the aptitude test for engineering that is a national level exam. The authorities like IISc and IITs take the onus of conducting this exam. It is scheduled to be held on 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2019 in different stages. The candidates will be able to fill the online application Form for GATE 2019 from 1st September 2018 till 21st September 2018. However, authority will accept the application forms till 1st October 2018 with late fee. Those who are willing to get admission in the reputed institutes like IISc and IIT to pursue the course like Ph.D and M.Tech need to quality this GATE exam. IITs and IISc Bangalore conduct this GATE exam on rotational basis. Before proceeding to apply for this exam, the candidates must know how to fill GATE Application Form 2019. The applicants who are eligible for GATE 2019 need to follow the step by step guide to fill the form online without any hassle.
This article discusses about how to fill GATE Application Form 2019, certain necessary documents to be provided and some relevant points to remember.
How to fill GATE Application Form 2019
Step-1: GATE Online Registration 2019
Step-2: Procedure to fill GATE Application Form 2019
Step-3: Uploading documents like Signature, Photograph, and left hand Thumb Impression.
Step-4: Payment of application fee
Step1: GATE Online Registration 2019
- Go to the official portal of GOAPS.
- Here the registration should be done for which the candidates need to mention the details such as name, mobile number, email address and the password. Note that the candidates should choose the strong password for security reasons.
- The candidates then need to click on the tab submit.
- GOAPS Enrollment ID will be generated after this.
- Once the registration process gets over, the system will automatically send the GOAPS Enrollment ID on the registered contact number and email ID of the applicants.
- The candidates will have to retain the enrollment ID as this will be needed whenever the applicants wish to login their GOAPS account to get the status of the application, admit card, GATE result and other further processes.
Step 2: Procedure to fill GATE Application Form 2019
- Once the registration is done, the candidates are supposed to login their GOAPS accounts with email id or Enrollment ID and the Password.
- The moment they hit the submit tab, the system will redirect them to the home page where this will be the link for GATE Application Form 2019.
- The candidates need to click on the same and start filling the form carefully. The following details are mandatory to fill in the form:
Select Test centers: The applicants can opt for total 3 exam centers.
Enter Personal Information: In this, the candidates are supposed to mention the personal information like name, contact number, date of birth, parent’s name and contact details etc.
Mention Academic Details: Here, the applicants will have to enter the degree details of the qualified exam and other academic information relevant to it.
Enter the communication Address: The applicants need to mention the details of their communication address correctly that will also include the contact number and Pin Code. The authority will send all the future correspondence to this address only.
Mention Photo ID Information: The applicants will have to mention the specific Id number that is present in their ID proof that could be anything right from the Passport, Voter ID and PAN Card to the College ID card, Aadhaar or UID and Driving License.
Step 3: Uploading documents like Signature, Photograph, left hand Thumb Impression etc
The applicants will have to upload the documents online after filling up all the details perfectly. These documents will be degree certificate, Photograph, category certificate (if required), PwD Certificate and Signature image. The dimensions and other specifications will be given by the authority and the candidates should follow the same while uploading them.
Specifications of Documents
It is mandatory for the candidates to know the specifications of the documents to be uploaded to gain thorough knowledge about how to fill GATE application form 2019.
Specifications for Signature:
- The applicants need to take an A4 paper and draw a box in the rectangular shape with dimensions of 2 cm height × 7 cm Width.
- Put your signature in it with dark blue or black ink pen.
- Scan the signature in the rectangular box and keep it in the format of JPEG or JPG.
- The maximum resolution of pixel should be 160 × 560.
- The minimum resolution of pixel need to be 80 × 280.
- The size of the file size needs to be 2 KB and 150 KB.
Specifications for Photograph:
- The photograph should be colored and the background needs to be white or light one.
- Note that the photograph should be clicked after 1st August 2018 else it won’t be considered.
- 50% space of the photo should contain the face of the applicant.
- The dimension of the image should be 3.5 cm width × 4.5 cm height) and it needs to be in the format of JPG or JPEG.
- The maximum resolution of pixel should be 480 × 640.
- The minimum resolution of pixel should be 240 × 320.
- The dimension of the file needs to be 2 KB and 200 KB.
The applicants need to enter the GATE 2019 exam information source. They can see the completely filled form by tapping on save button. After reviewing the form, the candidates can hit the submit tab and go to the next step of fee payment.
Step 4: Payment of Application fee
The GATE exam fee for male applicants that come under General or OBC category and other applicants is Rs. 1500/-. Those who are under the category of SC, PwD or ST and all female candidates of all Categories, the fee amount will be Rs. 750/- . The overseas Students need to make the application fee payment of USD 50. The application fee can be deposited through debit card or net banking or credit card or e-challan where baking charges will be levied.
Note that after the payment of the fee, the system will generate the Fee Payment Number and the candidates need to retain this as it is needed at the time of form submission. Now you must be knowing all the aspects of how to fill GATE application form 2019.
GATE Application Form 2019: Necessary Documents and Details
The below mentioned details and documents are mandatory for GATE application form 2019. Let’s have a look:
- Personal information like name, mobile number, name of the parent, contact number of parent, date of birth etc need to be mentioned carefully. Note that the name should match with the details in the certificate of qualifying degree or that provided by the Head of Institute or Department where the applicant is studying. The details like name of the candidate in the GATE scorecard will exactly the same as that in the application form. Hence, enter the right information and do not use the title like Mr or Mrs or Shri or Smt or Dr before the name.
- Communication Address (with PIN code)
- Details of Eligibility degree
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper
- Selection of GATE test cities
- The candidate’s photo as per the prescribed specifications.
- The applicant’s signature as per the given specification.
- Eligibility Certificate that includes Provisional Certificate or Degree Certificate or Certificate from the Institute or Department Head.
- Category certificate (if required) in the format of PDF.
- The scanned image of PwD Certificate (if required) in PDF
- The scanned image of Dyslexic Certificate (if needed) in PDF
- Details of the Identity Proof Document
- Details of debit card or net-banking or credit card details for application fee payment
- Any proof of Identity like Passport or Driving License or PAN card or Aadhaar-UID or Voter ID or Employee ID or College ID.
Important Points to Remember
- Before making the payment of the application fee, the candidates will see the preview tab on the screen that they need to click and check the details in the form and rectify any error is there.
- Once the tab of Confirm and Final Submit is clicked, the candidates won’t be able to make any changes.
- The authorities do not demand for any hard copy of the GATE application form 2019.
This is the complete process of filling the GATE application form. Hope you all must have got the answer of the question how to fill GATE Application Form 2019. For any other query or doubt pertaining to GATE application form, connect with us online.