GATE Online Registration 2019- The online registration for GATE 2019 has been started from 1st September 2018 and it will remain active till 21st September 2018 without late fee. The latecomers can also register for GATE 2019 from 22nd September to 1st October 2018, of course with the additional late payment charges. GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2019 will be conducted by IIT Madras this year. This aptitude test comes in the category of the national level exam. This exam is aimed to give admissions to various doctoral, masters and direct doctoral courses or programmes in the stream of engineering, architecture or technology and also in Science. All the interested candidates can apply for this exam after checking the GATE eligibility criteria 2019. Once they get to know about their eligibility status, they will have to start with the process of GATE Online Registration 2019. In this process, there are various steps that the applicants need to follow to register themselves online and access the link for GATE application for 2019. The candidates then need to fill the complete form carefully and upload the documents prescribed by the authority. They will also have to deposit the fee online before finally submitting the application form.
In this article, the applicants will be able to learn about the GATE Online Registration 2019, some important events and dates related to the registration, the complete process of application form submission, upload of necessary documents online, application fee deposition and the correction of details in the GATE application form 2019.
GATE Online Registration 2019: Important Dates
The schedule of the important events related to GATE online registration 2019 is declared by the higher authorities. The applicants should make the note of this and refer to the same to track any event. It is quite beneficial for the applicants to be aware of the GATE 2019 important events and dates. The below table will give you the clear idea of the events and their schedule. Let’s have a glance:
|GATE Application Form release date||1st September 2018|
|GATE Application Form last date||21st September 2018|
|End date for GATE application form submission (with late fee)||1st October 2018|
|Last Date to edit the exam city||16th November 2018|
|Release of GATE Admit Card||4th January 2019|
|GATE examination 2019||2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th February 2019|
To Apply for GATE Registration 2019 – Click here
GATE Online Registration 2019
The GATE Online Registration 2019 is the primary step to apply for the exam. In this procedure, the candidates need to visit the official web portal of GATE Online Application Processing System which is called GOAPS. This is the software of the GATE where the candidates need to create their accounts in order to get access to the application form. The below-mentioned steps will be included in the procedure of GATE Online Registration 2019:
- Foremost step in this process is to go to the web portal of GOAPS and click on the given link of registration. The candidates then need to mention their name, contact number and email address in the given fields. Always remember that the information you furnish is correct and valid so that the authority will send all the future correspondence to the registered mobile number and email id. For the applicants who live in abroad, the authority will connect through email id only.
- After the above details are entered, the candidates will receive the enrollment number on their email address and mobile number that they will have to keep safe for future use.
- There will be the step of verification where the one-time password will be sent to the contact number of the applicants that they need to mention in the given space.
- After this, the candidates will have to choose any strong password to keep their account safe and secure. Note that the applicants should not share it with anyone.
Here ends the process of GATE online registration 2019 after which the candidates will have their account in GOAPS and they have their login credentials to revisit the account and start the process of an online application form.
GATE application form, uploading of documents and application fee
The process of online application form along with fee submission and documents is given below:
- The candidates need to fill the GATE application form online by logging into their GOAPS account and visiting the given link.
- The GATE online registration 2019 has been made available by the authority on 1st September 2019 and will be there till 1st October 2018 (with late fee).
- The candidates are supposed to fill the details completely and correctly in the form that include personal, communication, academic and other information.
- Once the details are filled they need to upload the documents like signature image and photograph in the prescribed format. For photographs, the Maximum Size should be 480×640 pixels and Minimum Size should be 240×320 pixels and Dimension needs to be 3.5cm × 4.5cm and for signature, the Maximum Size needs to be 160×560, Minimum Size should be 80×280 pixels and Dimension should be 2cm × 7cm.
- The applicants also have to upload the qualifying degree certificate, category certificate and Dyslexic certificate (if required).
- The candidates also need to pick ant three names of the cities for exam centres.
- The applicants will have to mention the ID number that is given in any of these identity proofs like Aadhaar-UID, Voter ID, College ID, Passport, Driving License, PAN Card and Employee ID.
- The candidates should not send the printed copy of the application form and the documents to the authorities.
- The applicants are advised to take the hard copy of the filled in application form for any kind of future use.
- The candidates will have to submit the application fee via online mode where they can use their debit card or net banking or credit card.
- They should note that the amount of application fee will be non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The table below shows the category-wise details of fee:
|For Test Centers in India|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Female candidates||Rs. 750|
|All Other Categories||Rs. 1500|
|For Test Centers in Overseas (All Candidates)|
|Kathmandu, Colombo, Addis Ababa and Dhaka||US $50|
|Singapore and Dubai||US $100|
GATE Application form Correction 2019
The candidates need to fill the details in the application form correctly and sincerely. Still if they miss something or write something incorrect, they have the option to edit or rectify the same when the correction window will get opened online by the authority. However, the facility of correction will be applied to certain fields only. Let’s discourse about the same:
- The applicants are free to edit or make changes in the field of test centre city from 16th November 2018. Note that the fee amount of Rs. 400 will be applicable for this correction process.
- If we see the previous year’s trend, the rectification was allowed in the fields of Category, Gender and PwD and the candidates had paid the fee of Rs. 750 for correction.
- Not only this, the facility of rectification in application form is also there in the fields like Name of the applicant, Parent/Guardian Name, Date of Birth, Qualifying Degree, Year for the same etc. The candidates can do this by sending the letter of request to the authority with proper documentation.
- The candidates will be notified via email by the authority regarding the errors detected in the application form verification process. The, they will be given time to rectify the errors in the application form; failing to the given deadline may lead to application form rejection.
In case of any doubt or query regarding GATE Online Registration 2019, feel free to get in touch with us.