GATE Eligibility Criteria 2020- GATE which is also called as Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the test that comes under the category of national level. The apex bodies like IISC and IIT Bangalore conduct this exam on a rotational basis. The applicants who are interested to pursue the courses like direct Doctoral and masters in the streams of technology, engineering or architecture will have to first achieve a high score in GATE 2020 exam. IIT Delhi is the authority that decides the GATE eligibility criteria 2020 and releases the same on its official website. The candidates need to fulfil the minimum required criteria for age, qualification, marks, nationality etc as prescribed by the authority. Those applicants who meet all the conditions mentioned in GATE eligibility criteria 2020 can appear for the exam. Those who are unable to meet any of the requirements in GATE eligibility criteria 2020 cannot apply for this test and in case they still fill and submit the form online, the authority has the right to cancel the candidature. The applicants who are aspiring to appear in the GATE 2020 exam should first go through the GATE eligibility criteria in 2020 and then proceed to the online application process. The application form is already released in online on 3 September 2019 and the applicants need to submit it before 24 September 2019. The GATE 2020 exam will be conducted by the authority from 1 to 9 February 2020.
This article discusses about the general and detailed in GATE eligibility criteria 2020 and the documents that are supposed to be uploaded online. The criteria will include the nationality of the candidates, age criteria, qualifications, and marks. Let’s learn about the same in detail.
GATE Eligibility Criteria 2020 (General)
The applicants who are interested to apply for the GATE 2020 exam need to fulfill certain conditions that come under GATE Eligibility Criteria 2020 as given below:
- The applicants need to be the Indian nationals in order to apply for GATE 2020.
- The applicants who are from the countries like United Arab Emirates, Nepal, Ethiopia, Bangladesh, Singapore, and Sri Lanka are also considered eligible for GATE 2020 exam.
- The applicants need to possess the Graduation degree in the stream of Engineering or Technology or Post Graduate degree in any subject of science which is relevant. Those who are in the final year of the course can also apply.
- There is not any minimum marks requirement in the Graduation or Post graduation degree that comes under the qualifying criteria.
As of now, the candidates need not to come under the restriction of age limit in order to appear in GATE exam 2020.
The below-mentioned table is all about the qualification requirements as per the GATE eligibility criteria 2020. The candidates need to ensure that they are fulfilling all the information or criteria about the minimum qualification as mentioned below. Those who miss a single requirement or condition cannot apply for GATE 2020 exam. Let’ see the table mentioned below:
GATE Eligibility Criteria 2020 (Tabular and Detailed)
|Course (Applying for)||Exam or Degree (Qualifying) Insights||Eligibility Criteria for Applicants||Year of Qualification||List of Certificates|
|Degree obtained in 2019 or earlier||Degree to be obtained in 2020 or later|
|B.E. or B.Pharm or B.Tech||
Four years after Graduation degree (10+2) in fields of Engineering or Technology
Three years after the diploma or B.Sc. in the stream of Engineering or Technology. Final year students can also apply for GATE 2020
|The applicants need to be in the last year of the course or completed the same||2020||Degree Certificate or certificate of completion of the course or Provisional Certificate||Certificate from the authority or Principal|
|B.Arch||The degree of Graduation in Architecture for five years||The applicants who are in the last year of the course or completed it can apply||2020||Certificate of course completion or Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate||Certificate from the authority|
|B.S or B.Sc.(Research)||
Four years later of the Graduation degree (10+2) in the stream Science
Post Diploma in the subject of Science
|The candidates need to be in the Graduation’s final year or completed the degree||2020||Certificate of completion or Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate||Certificate from the authority|
|M.Sc. or MCA or M.A or other equivalent course||Post Graduate degree in one of the streams of Science or Statistics or Computer Applications or Mathematics or other equivalent||The candidates need to have the degree of the same or are appearing in the final exams||2020||Certificate of Post Graduate degree completion or Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate||Certificate from the authority|
|Integrated M.E or M.Tech (After B.Sc.)||Four years Integrated course of Post Graduation in the field of Engineering or Technology after BSc.||The applicants need to be in the second or third or fourth year of the degree course or already obtained the same||2021||Certificate of completion or Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate||Certificate from the authority|
|Integrated M.E. or M.Tech or Dual Degree (Post Diploma or 10+2)||Five-year Dual degree or Integrated PG degree courses or programmes in the stream of Engineering or Technology||The candidates need to have obtained the degree or presently in the fourth or fifth year of the course.||2020||Certificate of completion or Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate||Certificate from the authority|
|Integrated M. Sc or Integrated B.S.-M.S.||5 year integrated course of B.s. or M.s. or Integrated M.Sc.||The applicants need to be in the last year of the programme or must have completed the same||2020||Certificate of completion or Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate||Certificate from the authority|
|Exams of Professional Society (equivalent to B Tech or B.E or B.Arch.)||Examinations of Professional Societies which should be equal to the degree of B.E or B.Arch or B.Tech. The course should be recognized by UPSC or MHRD or AICTE||The applicants need to have completed the Section A or some other professional programmes equivalent to the same||NA||Professional Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate of Course Completion or Membership Certificate that should be provided by the Institute or Society||For Section A, mark sheet copy is required|
Important Documents: GATE Eligibility Criteria 2020
- The candidates need to upload the relevant certificates as per the eligibility criteria at the time of submitting the GATE 2020 application form online. No need to send the certificates through offline mode.
- In case the applicants possess the higher degree or are undergoing the course for the higher degree given in the above table then at the time of online application form filling process they are free to choose the qualifying degree that is the minimum requirement as per the GATE eligibility criteria 2020.
- In case the applicants have done any of the qualifying exams in the year of 2019 or earlier as per the eligibility conditions, they need to mandatorily upload the certificate for the degree or provisional one or certificate for completion of course or program.
- If the applicants are supposed to meet the qualification requirements as per the eligibility criteria for GATE in the year of 2020 or later as given in the above table, they need to upload letter for Provisional Certificate which is supposed to be provided by the Head of Registrar or Dean of the Institute or Department or a hard copy of scorecard for Section A of AMIE, etc.
- The candidates who have backlogs or have failed one or more of the subjects in the qualifying exam need to provide the final year mark sheet copy that was issued by the particular institute. Note that the candidates who will upload the online downloaded scorecard will get rejected at any case.
- The applicants who are from the category of SC and ST need to update online the proof in the form of document in order to avail the benefit at the time of paying the application fee amount. The certificates need to be issued by the authorized units.
- The candidates who fall under the category of PwD or Persons with Disabilities will have to update online the certificate for the same and ensure that it should be provided by some acclaimed authority. These applicants need to have the minimum disability of 40% in order to avail the advantage of application fee concession. This certificate is also supposed to be provided at the time of counseling to the allotted institute.
- Dyslexia applicants need to furnish the certificate as evidence of the same and ensure it should be issued by the reputed authorities.
Here ends the discussion about the GATE Eligibility Criteria 2020. In case of any doubt or issue, connect with us.