GATE Answer Key 2020- IIT Delhi will release the official GATE Answer Key 2020 on 16 March 2020. The candidates can check the same on the official website of conducting body and on this page as well. The candidates can check subject-wise answer key by clicking the links given in tabular form on this page. Before releasing the GATE Answer Key 2020, the response of the candidates who have appeared in GATE 2020 exam will be uploaded by the examination conducting body. GATE is also called a Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and is the national level entrance test organized by the authorities of IITs and IISc, Bangalore rotationally. The major purpose of this entrance exam is to provide admissions to the applicants in a wide range of doctoral programmes in the field of engineering, technology, and architecture. GATE 2020 exam will be held on 1st, 2nd, 8th & 9th February 2020. After the exam conducted, the GATE answer key 2020 will be published officially by the authority. Though there are various coaching centres like Engineers Academy, GATE Forum and Made Easy that will release the answer key unofficially on the same day of the examination. In the answer key for a specific paper, there will be the answers to all the questions. The candidates can see the answer key and evaluate the tentative score of GATE 2020 exam. With this, they can get the rough idea of their selection status in the GATE exam 2020. The aspirants need to know about the marking scheme of this entrance exam as set by the authority, then only they will be able to evaluate their tentative score in the exam. IIT Delhi is the authority that will publish the GATE answer key 2020 officially in the third week of February.
Through this article, the applicants will get to know about the details of GATE answer key 2020, important events and dates related to answer key, major facts about the same, the procedure of downloading the answer key online, how to challenge the answer key etc.
Important Dates: GATE Answer Key 2020
|GATE exam 2020||1st, 2nd, 8th & 9th February 2020|
|Release of GATE Answer Key 2020 (unofficially by Coaching centres)||1st, 2nd, 8th & 9th February 2020|
|GATE Response Sheet 2020||First week of February 2020|
|GATE Question Paper Availability||2nd week of February 2020|
|Publish of Official GATE Answer Key 2020||3rd week of February 2020|
|Challenge against GATE Answer Key 2020 (Official)||3rd week of March 2020|
|Release of Final GATE Answer Key 2020||16 March 2020|
|The announcement of GATE Result 2020||16 March 2020|
Official GATE Answer Key 2020 with Question Paper
The candidates who have appeared in the GATE exam this year can access the Official GATE Answer Key 2020 with Question Paper in the table here. Till the answer key of GATE 2020 exam is announced, check the last year’s answer key in the table below.
|Paper Code||Question Paper Link||Answer Key Link|
|Aerospace Engineering (AE)||Click here||Press here|
|Agricultural Engineering (AG)||Click here||Press here|
|Instrumentation Engineering (IN)||Click here||Press here|
|Biotechnology (BT)||Click here||Press here|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||Click here (CE-1)||Press here (CE-1)|
|Click here (CE-2)||Press here (CE-2)|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||Click here||Press here|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF)||Click here||Press here|
|Chemistry (CY)||Click here||Press here|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)||Click here||Press here|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||Click here||Press here|
|Architecture and Planning (AR)||Click here||Press here|
|Ecology and Evolution (EY)||Click here||Press here|
|Geology and Geophysics (GG)||Click here||Press here|
|Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)||Click here||Press here|
|Mathematics (MA)||Click here||Press here|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||Click here||Press here (ME-1)|
|Click here||Press here(ME-2)|
|Mining Engineering (MN)||Click here||Press here|
|Petroleum Engineering (PE)||Click here||Press here|
|Physics (PH)||Click here||Press here|
|Production and Industrial Engineering (PI)||Click here||Press here|
|Statistics (ST)||Click here||Press here|
|Metallurgical Engineering (MT)||Click here||Press here|
|Engineering Sciences (XE-A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H)||Click here||Press here|
|Life Sciences (XL-P, Q, R, S, T, U)||Click here||Press here|
How to Access GATE Answer Key 2020?
The applicants who will appear in GATE exam 2020 can get access to the answer key in the format of PDF. To download the same, they will have to go through the below-given steps:
- The candidates need to tap on the link of GATE answer key 2020 on the portal of GOAPS.
- Once the answer key link is opened, the answers to all the papers will be displayed on the screen.
- The applicants need to tap on the answer key of the paper for which they have appeared.
- The candidates then need to download the same.
What is the objective of the GATE answer key 2020?
- Through the official answer key that will be published by IIT Delhi, the applicants will be able to evaluate their score in advance.
- The answer key provides a sense of transparency to the candidates in the GATE admission procedure.
- The authority also gives the option of challenging the official answer key through which the applicants may clear their doubts if any regarding the answers to the questions.
- The concerned authorities will handle all the complaints and the queries of the applicants before the announcement of the GATE result 2020.
- With the help of the answer key, the applicants can assess their scores in the GATE exam before the declaration of the result.
How to Evaluate the Tentative Score through the GATE Answer Key 2020?
In order to evaluate the tentative scores in GATE exam 2020, the applicants need to go through the marking scheme which is there in the GATE exam pattern 2020. The below given steps will help the candidates to calculate the score in the exam:
- The applicants need to first make the calculation of the number of right attempts in the paper and give the marking appropriately.
- After this, they are supposed to calculate the positive marking score.
- The next step will be to evaluate the negative marking of the questions that are wrong. As per the GATE exam pattern 2020, only MCQs possess the clause of negative marking while NAT type questions do not have negative marking.
Total marks = Total marks attained for right answers – Negative marks for wrong answers
MCQ Marks = Total score (1 marks) + Total score (2 marks)
NAT Marks = Total score (1 marks) + Total score (2 marks)
- Total score (1 marks) = 1 x total number of right answers – 1/3 x total number of incorrect answers
- Total score (2 marks) = 2 x total number of right answers – 2/3 x total number of incorrect answers
How to Challenge GATE Answer Key 2020?
In case the applicants are not appeased with the answers that will be mentioned in the official GATE answer key 2020, they are allowed to report against the same to the concerned authorities. This is what we call challenging the answer key. There is a prescribed process through which the candidates can challenge the answer key. The steps given below need to be followed by the applicants:
- Go to the web portal of GOAPs.
- Choose the option of Contest Answer Key.
- After that, the applicant will be visited on the payment page.
- The applicants need to pay the amount of Rs 500 for every answer they want to challenge through debit or credit card or net. In case of NRI applicants, the fee will be the US $ 10.
- The applicants are recommended to mention the question accurately for which they will be challenging the authority.
- The relevant documents need to be attached online.
These are the important details about GATE answer key 2020. If you have any doubt, do not hesitate to connect with us.