GATE Admit Card 2019- IIT Madras will be the authority that is accountable to conduct GATE 2019 exam. Through this aptitude test, the applicants will be able to pursue the programmes of PhD, ME or M. tech from these institutes. The applicants need to check the eligibility criteria for GATE and then apply for this exam online. The authority will publish the GATE Admit Card 2019 of only those applicants who have submitted GATE form and also the fee amount. The candidates can get the access of the admit card on the web portal of GOAPS where they need to login first. The release date for admit card of GATE 2019 will be 4th January 2019. This is basically the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and a type of national level test. The last year GATE exam was conducted by IIT Guwahati. Note that admit card is the mandatory document that the applicants will have to carry on the day of GATE exam 2019. In case of any default, the candidates will not be permitted to appear in the GATE exam. The candidates are recommended to check whether all the information in the admit card is right or not. If some error persists, the authority will rectify the same on request.
This article talks about the complete details of the admit card of GATE 2019, its schedule for 2019, the process of accessing and downloading the admit card, necessary documents, important instructions etc.
Schedule for GATE Admit Card 2019
The candidates can get the access of the GATE Admit Card 2019 on 4th January 2019. The authority has released the schedule of GATE 2019 exam also and it will be held on 2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th of February 2019. The sessions for GATE 2019 will be in the forenoon from 9 AM to 12 Noon and in the afternoon from 2 PM to 5 PM on weekends. The candidates will not get an entry in the examination hall if they will not carry the admit card and photo Id on the day of examination.
Important facts about GATE Admit Card 2019
The exam conducting authority will publish the GATE admit card 2019 on its portal of GOAPS and the candidates need to enter their login details to download the admit card online. After entering the GOAPS login credentials, the candidates can see the link for admit card from where they can download the print the same. Note that the authority will not send the GATE Hall Ticket through post or email. The applicants can download the admit card from the 4th January 2019 till the day of an exam.
The applicants will have to visit the GOAPS website and log in their account to access the hall ticket for GATE 2019. The details in the admit card include the name of the candidate, test centre details like name and address, category, roll number, gender, father’s name, date and timing of GATE exam 2019, etc. All the candidates are advised to verify these details in the admit card and then go ahead to take the hard copy of the same. In case of any discrepancy, the applicants can get in touch with the authorities and rectify the same on priority. Note that GATE Admit Card 2019 should contain the photograph and signature image else it will not be considered valid.
How to Download the GATE Admit Card 2019
The candidates who have submitted the GATE application form 2019 online along with the fee amount and waiting to get the admit card will have to go through the below-given steps:
- Go to the web portal of GOAPS which is the online application system for GATE.
- Once the GOAPS login page will be displayed on the screen, the candidates need to mention the login credentials that include the email id or Enrollment ID and Password.
- Also, mention the given security code.
- Tap the Submit button.
- The candidates will be able to see the admit card on the screen.
- The details should be checked before hitting the download tab
- After downloading the hall ticket, the applicants need to take the print out of the same and retain it for further use.
Documents required on the examination day of GATE 2019
The following are the necessary documents that the applicants will have to bring on the GATE 2019 exam date. Note that the coloured copy of GATE admit card 2019 is mandatory.
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar UID
- Voter ID
- Valid College ID
- Employee Identification Card
For the applicants who are from overseas, the documents like Passport, Government issued ID, College ID or Employee ID will be taken as the identity proof.
Important Instructions in GATE Admit Card 2019
The applicants are supposed to read the instructions given in the GATE hall ticket thoroughly before appearing for GATE 2019 exam. This will help them a lot to apprehend the regulations of the exam:
- The candidates need to present at the test centre for one hour in advance as per the exact timing of the exam.
- No applicants will be permitted to enter the test centre or exam hall after 09:30 AM in case of forenoon session and after 2:30 PM in case of the afternoon session of GATE 2019 exam.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the hard copy of admit card on the day of exam else they won’t be permitted to sit in the examination hall and give the exam.
- The applicants will also have to bring one photo identity proof along with the hall ticket.
- The details of photo identity proof should be the same as in the admit card.
- No applicant will be allowed to appear in the GATE 2019 exam once the reporting time is over.
- The candidates will mandatorily have to sit in the examination hall till the test gets completed.
- The applicants are not allowed to bring any stuff in the examination hall other than the hall ticket, pen and the Id proof.
- No calculator, no mobile phones nothing will be permitted when the candidates are in the examination room.
This is all about the admit card of GATE 2019. In case of any doubt or issue, write to us.