GATE 2020– The exam conducting body has re-started the GATE 2020 process only for the candidates belonging to Jammu & Kashmir, those candidates who have missed the chance to fill the same can now fill & submit the same latest by 8 November 2019. Previously, the exam conducting body that is IIT Delhi has started the correction process in the GATE 2020 application form on 15 October 2019, the candidates had to make correction in their application form if they find any mistakes in it. Previously, IIT Delhi has started the online mode application process on 3 September 2020. The candidates who want to appear in the GATE exam in 2020 need to submit the application form till 28 September 2019. GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is basically the exam of the national level which is conducted by the authorities like IISs Bangalore and IITs on the basis of rotation. The candidates who wish to undergo the programs and courses of Masters and direct Doctoral in the fields of engineering, architecture or technology and that of Doctoral in the specific branches of science need to qualify this GATE 2020 exam with a good score. IIT Delhi will act as the conducting body to convene GATE 2020. The aspirants need to read about the eligibility criteria and apply for GATE 2020. Not only this, but they should also go through the complete procedure right from the registration to the selection process and admission into the programs mentioned above. After reading this article, the aspirants will be able to know all about the GATE 2020 exam, important events and dates related to it, application form submission, eligibility criteria, pattern of the GATE 2020 exam, syllabus in detail, admit card issuance and availability, result declaration of GATE, cut off list, answer key release, counselling commencement and other necessary information pertaining to GATE 2020.
Latest Update: IIT Delhi has re-started the GATE 2020 process only for the candidates belonging to Jammu & Kashmir, such candidates can submit the application form latest by 8 November 2020.
Correction process in the submitted application form is started from 15 October, go through the link given below to access the same:
GATE 2020 registration is released on 3 September 2019, the candidates can fill the same by clicking the link given below:
GATE 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Commonly known as||GATE|
|Examination conducting body||IISc and IITs (On rotation basis)|
|Number of Papers||24|
|Number of questions in the Exam||65|
|Total Marks &||100|
|Maximum Score in the Exam||1000|
|Number of Test Takers||Over 9 lack|
|Use of GATE Score Card for Employment||PSUs, Central Government and Government of India Organization|
New changes introduced in GATE?
The conducting authority has added a new paper for the GATE exam. The aspirants can also choose ‘Statistics’ as a subject while appearing for GATE 2020. The exam will be conducted online in different phases from February 1 to 9 for 24 papers. Stay tuned to us for the latest updates about GATE Notifications in 2020 as the authority is yet to announce the addition of ‘Statistics’ as a new paper in GATE 2020. The following changes have been made in GATE exam which was started to be followed from the year 2019 onward:
- The examination conducting authority has added a new paper namely Statistics (ST) for the GATE 2019 exam. The students can choose Statistics as a subject while appearing for GATE 2020.
- The exam will be conducted online in 4 phases on February 1, 2, 8, and 9 for 24 papers.
- As per the GATE eligibility criteria determined by the conducting body, the candidates must be passed in Bachelor’s degree.
- The question in the GATE 2020 exam will be asked on the basis of topics of the graduate level.
- From the year 2017, the GATE examination is being conducted for international candidates in Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, and the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E).
- From the year 2017, GATE for Engineering Sciences subject bearing paper code XE paper comes with the inclusion of a new section.
- Stay tuned to us for the latest updates about GATE Notifications 2020.
The candidates can also check the official brochure of GATE 2020- Click here
GATE 2020 Important Dates
The schedule of the GATE 2020 events and the schedule are given below:
|GATE 2020 Notification Released||August 2019|
|Release of GATE Application Form online||3 September 2019|
|End date for GATE application form submission (Without late fee)||
28 September 2019
For J & K candidates: 8 November 2019 (Re-started)
|Last date of GATE 2020 Registration (with late fee)||5 October 2019 (Extended)|
|End Date for the change of test centre city||15 November 2019|
|GATE 2020 Mock Test Release||3rd Week of November 2019 (Expected)|
|Online availability of GATE Admit Card||3 January 2020|
|GATE 2020 Exam||1st, 2nd, 8th & 9th February 2020|
|GATE Response Sheet Release||February 2020|
|Release of GATE 2020 Answer Key||16 March 2020|
|Declaration of GATE 2020 Results||16th March 2020|
|Score Card Availability||20th March 2020 to 31st May 2020|
|Commencement of Counseling||From Fourth week of March 2020 (Expected)|
GATE 2020 Exam Schedule
The examination conducting body has announced the schedule of the GATE 2020 exam on its website. The GATE exam is scheduled to be held on 2, 3, 9, & 10 February 2020 in different shifts. The detailed scheduled is furnished in the table below:
|Date of Exam||Sessions||Timing of Exam||Subject Code|
|1 February 2020
|S1||09:30 – 12.30 Hrs.
|CY, ME-1, MN|
|S2||14:30 – 17:30 Hrs.
|ME-2, XE, XL, TF|
|2 February 2020
|S3||09:30 – 12.30 Hrs.
|S4||14:30 – 17:30 Hrs.
|AE, AG, AR, BT, EY, GG, IN,
MA, MT, PE, PH, PI, ST
|8 February 2020
|S5||09:30 – 12.30 Hrs.
|S6||14:30 – 17:30 Hrs.
|9 February 2020
|S7||09:30 – 12.30 Hrs.
|S8||14:30 – 17:30 Hrs.
Online Application Process for GATE 2020
The process of online application form filling and submission is mentioned below in steps. The candidates are suggested to go through the same sincerely:
- The applicants will have to register themselves first on the website of the authority and then take out the application form online to fill the details correctly.
- The application form for GATE 2020 has been uploaded online by the authority on 1st September 2019 and the candidates need to submit the same till 21st September 2019.
- The candidates need to upload the documents that include the photograph and signature. The size of the photograph file should be between 240×320 pixels to 480×640 pixels and the dimension needs to be 3.5cm × 4.5cm. The maximum size of the signature file needs to be 160×560 and its minimum size should be 80×280 pixels while the dimension needs to be 2cm × 7cm.
- As far as the uploading of certificates is concerned, the applicants will have to attach the qualifying degree certificate and certificate of category.
- During the process of registration for GATE 2020, the applicants will be given options to pick the names of any three cities as the test centers.
- The applicants also need to mention the ID number that is available in any of these identity proofs like UID, PAN Card, College ID, Passport, Employee ID, Driving License and Voter ID.
- There is no provision of sending the printed copy of the GATE 2020 application form to the authority in any case.
- The applicants are suggested to take out the hard copy of the filled application form and keep it safe for future use.
Application Fee for GATE 2020
- The candidates need to submit the application fee for GATE 2020 via online mode, that is, they can use their debit card or net banking or credit card to make the payment.
- Note that this application fee amount will be non-transferable and non-refundable in all cases.
- The table given below contains the details of GATE 2020 application fee:
|Category||Fee Amount||Fee Amount (With Late Fee)|
|For Test Centers in India|
|SC, PwD, ST, Female applicants||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
|All Other Categories||Rs. 1500||Rs. 2000|
|For Test Centers in Overseas (All Candidates)|
|Addis Ababa, Dhaka, Colombo & Kathmandu||US $50||US $ 70|
|Singapore and Dubai||US $100||US $ 120|
GATE Application Correction 2020
The applicants should be cautious at the time of filling the application form for GATE 2020. The rectification cannot be done once the form is submitted online except the field of test centre city. It is there recommended to review the form before hitting the submit tab online. The details of correction in GATE 2020 Application are mentioned below:
- The candidates are allowed to edit the field of test city by 16th November 2019 but there will be the correction fee amount of Rs. 400.
- Not only this, but the authority has also permitted the applicants to make changes in the details like name of the applicant, parent or guardian name, date of birth, Degree of qualification, etc by simply sending the letter of request to the authority officials and attach any valid identity proof to the letter.
GATE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are ready to apply for the GATE 2020 exam will have to first read the eligibility criteria and make sure that they meet all the prescribed conditions in it. The details of GATE eligibility requirements are given below:
- The candidates who are Indian and Foreign National can apply for this exam.
- No age bar or limit will be there for the GATE 2020 exam.
|Degree of Qualification||Degree or Examination (Qualifying) Details||Details of eligible applicants||Year of Qualification||List of Certificates|
|Degree obtained in 2019 or earlier||Degree to be obtained in 2020 or later|
|B.E. or B.Pharm or B.Tech||
Four years after Graduation degree (10+2) in fields of Engineering or Technology
Three years after the diploma or BSc. in the stream of Engineering or Technology. Final year students can also apply for GATE 2020
|The applicants need to be in the last year of the course or completed the same||2020||Degree Certificate or certificate of completion of the course or Provisional Certificate||Certificate from the authority or Principal|
|B.Arch||The degree of Graduation in Architecture for five years||The applicants who are in the last year of the course or completed it can apply||2020||Certificate of course completion or Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate||Certificate from the authority|
|B.S or B.Sc.(Research)||
Four years later of the Graduation degree (10+2) in the stream Science
Post Diploma in the subject of Science
|The candidates need to be in the Graduation’s final year or completed the degree||2020||Certificate of completion or Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate||Certificate from the authority|
|M.Sc. or MCA or M.A or other equivalent course||Post Graduate degree in one of the streams of Science or Statistics or Computer Applications or Mathematics or other equivalents||The candidates need to have the degree of the same or are appearing in the final exams||2020||Certificate of Post Graduate degree completion or Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate||Certificate from the authority|
|Integrated M.E or M.Tech (After B.Sc.)||Four year Integrated course of Post Graduation in the field of Engineering or Technology after BSc.||The applicants need to be in the second or third or fourth year of the degree course or already obtained the same||2021||Certificate of completion or Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate||Certificate from the authority|
|Integrated M.E. or M.Tech or Dual Degree (Post Diploma or 10+2)||Five-year Dual degree or Integrated PG degree courses or programs in the stream of Engineering or Technology||The candidates need to have obtained the degree or presently in the fourth or fifth year of the course.||2020||Certificate of completion or Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate||Certificate from the authority|
|Integrated M. Sc or Integrated B.S.-M.S.||5 year integrated course of B.s. or M.s. or Integrated M.Sc.||The applicants need to be in the last year of the program or must have completed the same||2020||Certificate of completion or Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate||Certificate from the authority|
|Exams of Professional Society (equivalent to B, Tech or B.E or B.Arch.)||Examinations of Professional Societies which should be equal to the degree of B.E or B.Arch or B.Tech. The course should be recognized by UPSC or MHRD or AICTE||The applicants need to have completed Section A or some other professional programs equivalent to the same||NA||Professional Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate of Course Completion or Membership Certificate that should be provided by the Institute or Society||For Section A, mark sheet copy is required|
Note that the applicants who are from the countries other than India need to have the qualifying degree which should be of four years Graduation degree in the stream of engineering or technology or two years Post Graduation degree in any of the relevant Science subjects.
GATE 2020 Exam Schedule
The candidates going to take up the GATE 2020 exam must know the exam dates & timing so that they can appear in the exam as per the scheduled time. The candidates will have to take up the GATE 2020 exam as per their paper code only. GATE 2020 exam would be conducted in multiple sessions as a huge number of candidates are going to appear in the GATE 2020 exam. We have provided the detailed schedule of GATE 2020 exam in the table below:
|GATE 2020 Dates||Sessions||Exam Timing (IST)||Test Paper Codes|
|1 February 2020||1st||9:00 – 12:00 hrs||ME, EY, PE, XE, XL|
|2nd||14:00 – 17:00 hrs||ME, AE, MA, PI|
|2 February 2020||3rd||9:00 – 12:00 hrs||CS, MN|
|4th||14:00 – 17:00 hrs||AG, AR, BT, CH, CY, GG, IN, MT, PH, TF|
|8 February 2020||5th||9:00 – 12:00 hrs||EC|
|6th||14:00 – 17:00 hrs||EE|
|9 February 2020||7th||9:00 – 12:00 hrs||CE|
|8th||14:00 – 17:00 hrs||CE|
GATE 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates appearing in the GATE 2020 exam will have to follow the exam pattern as determined by the conducting body. The exam pattern for GATE 2020 is given below:
- Number of Papers: There will be a total of 24 papers in the GATE 2020 exam.
- Mode of Exam: The examination mode will be online or CBT which is the computer-based test.
- Number of Questions: There will be a total of 65 questions in the test.
- Type of Questions: The questions will be of Multiple Choice (MCQ) and Numerical type.
- Time Duration: The candidates will be given 3 hours of total time for GATE 2020.
- Attempt: As far as the attempt is concerned, the candidates cannot appear for more than one paper of GATE.
- Session: There will be two sessions in which the GATE 2020 exam will take place. One will be a forenoon session from 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon and the other will be an afternoon session from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
- Marking scheme: The total marks of the paper will be 100.
- The candidates will have to mandatorily attempt the section of General Aptitude or GA.
- Sections: The GATE exam paper will have a total of 2 sections that are General Aptitude and Subject Specific.
Distribution of Marks and Questions
|Section names||Number of Questions & Marks||Total Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Aptitude or GA||Five Questions of one mark and other five will be of one mark each.||10||15|
|Papers other than GG, XL and XE||25 questions of one mark each & 30 questions of two marks each.||55||85|
|Geology and Geophysics or GG||PART A (Compulsory)||PART B||55||85|
|25 questions of one mark each.||Section 1 of Geology and Section of Geophysics( Anyone can be attempted): 30 questions of two marks each|
|XE Paper (Engineering Sciences)||Section A of Engineering & Mathematics (Compulsory):||Sections B to H: (Attempt Any Two)||55||85|
|7 questions of one mark each and 4 questions of two marks each||9 questions of one mark each and 13 questions of two marks|
|XL Paper (Life Sciences)||Section P Chemistry (Compulsory):||Sections Q to U: (Attempt Any Two)||55||85|
|5 questions of one mark each and 10 questions of two marks each||10 questions of one mark each and 10 questions of two marks each|
GATE 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for GATE 2020 exam will not be the same for all the papers. There is total of 23 subjects or papers for the GATE exam. The authority takes the onus of releasing the GMAT syllabus for every paper in the PDF format. The detailed information about the GATE 2020 syllabus is given below:
- General Aptitude or GA: Verbal and Numerical Ability.
- Aerospace Engineering or AE: Engineering Mathematics, Propulsion, Flight Mechanics, Structures, Aerodynamics, Space Dynamics.
- Agricultural Engineering or AG: Engineering Mathematics, Irrigation, and Drainage Engineering, Farm Power, Farm Machinery, Soil, and Water Conservation Engineering etc.
- Architecture and Planning or AR: Architecture and Design, Environmental Planning and Design, Building Materials, Building and Structure, Construction and Management, etc.
- Biotechnology or BT: Recombinant DNA Technology, Engineering Mathematics, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, General Biotechnology, etc.
- Civil Engineering or CE: Engineering Mathematics, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, etc.
- Chemical Engineering or CH: Engineering Mathematics, Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations, Process Calculations and Thermodynamics, etc.
- Computer Science and Information Technology or CS: Engineering Mathematics, Programming and Data Structures, Computer Organization and Architecture, Digital Logic, etc.
- Chemistry or CY: Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Inorganic Chemistry.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering or EC: Engineering Mathematics, Electronic Devices, Digital Circuits, Networks, Analog Circuits, Signals, and Systems, etc.
- Electrical Engineering or EE: Engineering Mathematics, Electrical Machines, Electric Circuits, Signals and Systems, Electromagnetic Fields, etc.
- Ecology and Evolution or EY: Ecology, Mathematics and Quantitative Ecology, Evolution, Behavioral Ecology, etc.
- Geology and Geophysics or GG: Geology, Common Section (Earth and Planetary system, Weathering and soil formation, etc) and Geophysics.
- Instrumentation Engineering or IN: Engineering Mathematics, Control Systems, Electrical, Signals and Systems, Circuits, etc.
- Mathematics or MA: Linear Algebra, Functional Analysis, Complex Analysis, Algebra, Real Analysis, Numerical Analysis, etc.
- Mechanical Engineering or ME: Engineering Mathematics, Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences, Applied Mechanics and Design, etc.
- Mining Engineering or MN: Engineering Mathematics, Geomechanics and Ground Control, Mine Development and Surveying, etc.
- Metallurgical Engineering or MT: Engineering Mathematics, Extractive Metallurgy, Thermodynamics and Rate Processes, etc.
- Petroleum Engineering or PE: Linear Algebra, Oil and Gas Well Testing, Petroleum Formation Evaluation etc.
- Physics or PH: Mathematical Physics, Electromagnetic Theory, Classical Mechanics, Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics, etc.
- Production and Industrial Engineering or PI: Engineering Mathematics, Quality, and Reliability, General Engineering, Manufacturing Processes I, etc.
- Textile Engineering and Fibre Science or TF: Fabric manufacture, Engineering Mathematics, Structure, and Properties, Textile Fibers, etc.
- Engineering Mathematics (XE-A), Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (XE-H), Thermodynamics (XE-E), Fluid Mechanics (XE-B), Food Technology (XE-G), Materials Science (XE-C), Polymer Science and Engineering (XE-F) and Solid Mechanics (XE-D).
- Chemistry (XL-P), Zoology (XL-T), Biochemistry (XL-Q), Microbiology (XL-S), Botany (XL-R) and Food Technology (XL-U).
Preparation Tips for GATE 2020
The candidates who are preparing for GATE 2020 exam should be aware of certain tips to qualify a good score in the exam. These are mentioned below:
- First, learn about the syllabus and pattern of gate 2020 to apprehend the subjects and topics that will be covered in the exam paper.
- The appropriate planning and strategy are very important to crack GATE 2020 exam.
- Make a proper time table and stick to the same without any fail. For tough topics, you should allow enough time in your study schedule.
- Solving the sample papers and the previous year exam papers of GATE will be of great help.
- Gather the study material for this exam from the authentic source. You may refer to the books of various famous authors.
- Make notes of the topics that you prepare and never skip the step of revision after the preparation of the subjects.
- The mock tests for GATE 2020 will be available online. You can check your speed and accuracy before the exam by giving such tests.
- Consume nutritious diet and do some exercise and yoga to release the stress.
GATE 2020 Admit Card
The candidates should be aware of the information related to the admit card for the GATE 2020 exam. The below details define the process to get the admit card online:
- The candidates can access the GATE 2020 admit card via online mode only by simply mentioning their enrollment ID or email address and the password.
- The authority will never send the GATE 2020 admit card to the address of the candidates as there is no such provision.
- The applicants will be able to download the hall ticket or admit card for GATE 2020 from 3 January 2020.
- The authority will arrange to fetch the biometric information like fingerprints and photographs of certain candidates that will be randomly selected.
- The candidates need to carry the admit card and any valid identity proof in original on the day of the GATE 2020 exam.
- The applicants are supposed to print the colored copy of the admit card and retain the same for further use.
GATE 2020 Answer Key
IIT Delhi has released the official answer key along with the response of the candidates who are appeared in the GATE 2020 exam. The candidates can check the same on the official website of GATE and on our separate page for the answer key as well. A link has been posted above on the answer key page to check the response sheet. The exam conducting authority will release the GATE answer key for the papers after a few days of the test that is on 19 February 2020. To get access to the same, the applicants need to visit the official web portal. In case of any discrepancy in the answer key as highlighted by the candidates, they can raise the objection for the same to the authority but within the stipulated time period. Note that the candidates need to pay the fee for submitting the objection.
GATE 2020 Result
- The applicants will be able to see the result for the GATE 2020 exam on 16th March 2020.
- The website will carry the link for the result and the applicants need to login their account to download the GATE result 2020.
- The applicants will have to mention the registration number and date of birth to see the result online.
- The authority will not send a copy of the GATE 2020 result to the candidates via offline or online mode.
GATE 2020: Exam Paper and Category wise Qualifying Marks
As the result of GATE 2020 exam is declared, we have provided the Exam Paper and Category wise Qualifying Marks in the table below:
|Exam Paper||Qualifying Marks|
|Aerospace Engineering (AE)||33.5||30.2||22.3|
|Agricultural Engineering (AG)||28.3||25.5||18.9|
|Architecture and Planning (AR)||41||36.9||27.3|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||28.2||25.4||18.8|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||34.8||31.3||23.2|
|Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)||29.5||26.6||19.7|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)||26.7||24||17.8|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||39.6||35.6||26.4|
|Ecology and Evolution (EY)||37.1||33.4||24.7|
|Geology and Geophysics (GG)||44.5||40.1||29.7|
|Instrumentation Engineering (IN)||31.9||28.7||21.3|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||34.1||30.7||22.7|
|Mining Engineering (MN)||31.5||28.4||21|
|Metallurgical Engineering (MT)||53.5||48.1||35.7|
|Petroleum Engineering (PE)||49.9||44.9||33.3|
|Production and Industrial Engineering (PI)||32.2||29||21.5|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF)||40.1||36.1||26.7|
|Engineering Sciences (XE-A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H)||26.7||24||17.8|
|Life Sciences (XL-P, Q, R, S, T, U)||36.7||33||24.5|
GATE 2020 Score Card
- The candidates who will qualify the GATE exam 2020 will be issued the scorecard after the announcement of the result online.
- The applicants should note that once the result is declared, the scorecard of the GATE 2020 exam will be valid for 3 years.
- To access the GATE scorecard, the candidates need to visit the website from 20th March to 31st May 2020.
- If the last date for downloading the scorecard is missed by the applicants, they can still get the same on the payment of 500 before the last week of December 2020.
GATE 2020 Cut Off
Once the result will be declared online, the authority will release the cut off marks for GATE 2020. The information about cut off marks, last year data etc is mentioned as under:
- Cut off is basically the minimum marks that the applicants need to achieve in the GATE 2020 exam to get admission in Post Graduate and other programs.
- GATE 2020 Cut off will be released via online mode as per the papers and the categories.
Cut off marks of previous year GATE exam
|Chemical Engineering or CH||44.3||39.8||29.5|
|Mechanical Engineering or ME||32.87||29||21|
|Civil Engineering or CE||28.7||25.8||19.1|
|Electrical Engineering or EE||25.2||25.2||16.7|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering or EC||25||22.5||16.6|
|Computer Science & Information Technology or CS||25||22.5||16.6|
GATE 2020 Counselling
- The authority will not conduct centralized counselling for PG admissions.
- The applicants are supposed to initiate separate applications for each IIT.
- Centralized Counseling for M.Tech, M.Pan or M.Arch admissions or CCMT will be organized by the authority to give admissions to all the NITs and various other institutions that are centrally funded.
- The counseling process for GATE 2020 will be commenced in the month of April 2020 via online mode.
- The applicants who carry the valid scorecard of the GATE exam for the years of 2017, 2019 or 2020 can appear for counselling process of GATE 2020.
- During the registration procedure of the counseling, the candidates need to mention the courses and colleges of their choice and preferences.
- The seats will be allotted to the candidates on the grounds of ranking, seat availability, preferences of the applicants, category, etc.
Benefits of GATE 2020
The candidates who are appearing in the GATE exam in 2020 will have a golden chance to avail a number of benefits. The candidates who will score more than the minimum required marks in the GATE 2020 exam will be eligible to access some certain benefits of it. The benefits of GATE 2020 scorecard are enlisted below:
- The candidates who clear the GATE exam with good marks are provided scholarships by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
- CSIR laboratories offer Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and Senior Research Fellowships (SRF) to the candidates who have scored minimum required marks in GATE 2020.
- The candidates who get admission in PG courses through GATE 2020 will be given scholarships by MHRD.
- Well-known Institutes like BARC offers a stipend to GATE Qualifiers.
Enrollment in Masters and Ph.D. Programs
- The candidates who score minimum required marks in the GATE exam can fulfill their dream to study at any of IITs or NITs.
- The top engineering Institutes such as IIT, Bombay offer admissions to Ph.D., PGDM, and PGDIE programs right after graduation on the basis of GATE Score.
- GATE enables candidates to seek admissions in M.Tech. /M.E. / M.S. in their respective discipline in IITs or NITs or institutes in Germany or in Singapore depending on the GATE Cutoff released by them.
- Some IIMs also offer seats to doctoral programs to those candidates who have scored good marks in GATE.
Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) Recruitment
- Various known PSUs (Public Sector Undertaking) recruit eligible and qualified candidates for different posts.
- The candidates who are qualified in the GATE exam are offered high compensation packages and other benefits.
- CEL, MDL, GAIL, BHEL, Cabinet Secretariat and many more companies have recently released notifications for PSU Recruitment through GATE.
- The application forms for different PSUs are released on different dates and candidates have to submit the application form within the stipulated time to be recruited by the PSU.
- The candidates have to apply separately for the posts offered by various institutes.
FAQs or Frequently Asked Questions about GATE 2020
Question: Can I apply for any of the papers of GATE 2020?
Answer: No, you need to select the same according to the eligibility requirements.
Question: Can multiple forms be filled by using a single email address?
Question: I fall under the category of OBC NCL. Do I need to upload the certificate of category also?
Answer: No. Only the applicants who come under the category of SC or ST or PWD will have to upload the certificate online.
Question: How will I be able to get the status of my GATE 2020 application form?
Answer: You can easily check the status by visiting to the web portal of GOAPS.
Question: Once the application form is submitted and PDF is generated, can I make changes in the details?
Question: Is there the mandate of uploading the photograph and the signature as per the prescribed format?
Answer: Yes. In order to avoid any cancellation in the application, you need to upload the documents as per the given format and dimensions.
Question: Can I apply for multiple GATE papers?
Answer: No. You cannot apply for more than one paper out of 23 papers.
Question: Is the calculator allowed in the GATE examination hall?
Answer: No need to take the physical calculator as it will be there in your computer system.
Question: How many attempts are there for the GATE exam?
Answer: There is no such bar or restriction on the number of GATE exam attempts.
The complete guide of GATE 2020 ends here. If any issue or query pops up in your mind after reading this article, feel free to connect with us.