DASA Eligibility Criteria 2019- DASA stands for Direct Admission of Students Abroad, which is a scheme only for Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) and foreign students. It is an initiative of the Government of India under the “DASA Scheme of MHRD” and is coordinated by- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology located at Allahabad. DASA is planned and organized for both UG (Under-Graduate) and PG (Post- Graduate) courses. Students planning to give DASA should prepare themselves for writing SAT Tests for Physics, Chemistry, and Math Level 2 Subjects. Students who are able to clear DASA can get admission in M.Arch, M.Plan, M.Des, B.Tech, MBA and M.Tech programmes, being offered by IIITs, NITs, IIEST, Schools of Planning and Architecture (SPAs) and in many other reputed Technical Institutes within India. The application form for DASA will be available around the 2nd week of April 2019.
DASA Eligibility Criteria 2019: A General Overview
This article would provide you all the details related to DASA Eligibility Criteria 2019:
- Only Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) and foreign students are eligible for giving DASA. All the candidates of Indian origin who have studied for at least two years, i.e., he/she must have studied 11th & 12th or equivalent from a country other than India.
- Applicants need to at least complete their higher secondary education before applying for DASA.
- Candidates must go through and qualify for SAT before applying for DASA.
DASA Eligibility Criteria 2019 for UG students
- Applicants should be at most 26 years old, i.e., he/she must be born as on or after October 01, 1994. Date of birth which is recorded in the Secondary Education Board Certificate, i.e., class 10th or equivalent or in the certificate issued by the authorities of Government will only be considered authentic.
- Applicants should have higher secondary education passing certificate.
- Physics, Mathematics & one subjects from- Computer Science, Chemistry, Biotechnology and Biology in 11th or 12th is required to be eligible for DASA.
The DASA Eligibility Criteria 2019 for UG students is SAT 2. SAT is an exam taken by College Board of America. The students require giving physics, math level 2 and chemistry exams in SAT2. To be eligible for DASA, a minimum score of 1800 is needed out of the total score of 2400 marks (where each subject has a total score of 800 marks). The aspirants can register for SAT Subject Tests by going to the official website. The SAT scores obtained by the student should be sent directly via the College Board to Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad.
DASA 2019 Seat Reservation
The 15 percent of the DASA 2018 seats were reserved for the CIWG (Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf Countries). There may be some kind of reservation for CIWG, this year also. The countries which come under CIWG are– Kuwait, Iraq, Bahrain, Iran, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman and the United Arab Emirates. CIWG’s eligibility criteria are same as that of Non-Resident Indians (NRIs).
DASA 2019 Merit List
A separate merit list will be created by the authority when it would have received all the applications from the eligible candidates. The merit list will be made on the basis of each course and the candidates will be ranked on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in their qualifying exam & on the basis of preference stated by the candidates in their application form. If two candidates manage to get same marks, the candidates would be ranks on the inter-se-merit basis.
DASA 2019 Courses
The following are the courses which the candidates would be able to pursue after successfully passing DASA 2019:
- Ceramic Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics System Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Food Technology
- Food Processing & Technology
- Mathematics and Computing
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial & Production Engineering
- Information & Communication Technology
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Polymer Science & Chemical Technology
- Petrol Engineering
- Textile Technology
- Software Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
All the applicants are requested to go through this article DASA Eligibility Criteria 2019 and must check their documents in order to ensure that they are eligible for applying for the DASA exam. If they have all the required documents and qualification, they should start preparing for SAT, GRE/GMAT and finally, for giving the DASA exam. If you are planning to give the DASA exam, then-
“Don’t procrastinate; start working hard from today to get success tomorrow.”